Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Mr. Despair
Is addicted to the knife~

Beware "i-cosplay"!

So I was looking to commission a costume by AWA (september 27th). I posted in the marketplace; gosh back around February or April. I got some response from people out of my price range until this person came along "i-cosplay".
He promised a reasonable price and seemed legit. We emailed back and forth a little him supposedly getting the specifics I wanted ect.
So, he required a $5 deposit on the commission. I didn't think this was too weird.. I've delt with people who have done the same things to make sure the buyer was serious.
This was paid in April.
So it's now September and within two weeks to my convention.. I have not been notified about anything, not to pay the rest, not to say "sorry we can't do it" ect ect. They just have my $5. I know it's not a big deal and it's not the entire cost but still.
Also, they refuse to answer PMs on here, the given email address must have been closed because my emails are sent back to me. I've had it.
By the way for for reference.. here is the site AND proof I have commissioned them.
http://www.i-cosplay.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_33&produ cts_id=518

Anime Blues Con 2013-
Catherine~ Catherine 5%
Jack Frost~ Rise of the Guardians 5%

**More to come**

xD; Lazy much?
Mr. Despair is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

yeah that seems really shady.
im sorry you had that experience, what are you going to do about your cosplay? the 27th is coming up very close!

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Chao-Fangirl
Plushie Artist

If it seems too good to be true, chances are, it probably is. The whole $5.00 deposit thing seems very shady and would have raised a few red flags if it were me. It's definitely a good thing that you never sent them any additional payments, as you may have been out even more money.

Anyway, if you're going to be at AWA on Thursday, then I would highly recommend going to Super Happy Fun Sell, which starts at 7pm. You might be able to get a used costume for a good price in there. I know my sister is going to be selling some of her old costumes and wigs at our table there.

Also... There actually are a couple of people selling costumes on the AWA forums in the Yard Sale, Flea Market, Trading Post section. I think you will need to create an account on the forums in order to access that particular section, but you might find something suitable there and may even be able to arrange for at-con pick-up.

http://www.a-chan--creations.deviantart.com
Chao-Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
TheCosplayFox

I'm a commissioner and I have never asked people to put a 5 dollar deposit down normally I ask for half and if your quoted something abnormally cheap that's usually not good. Hopefully people will avoid them.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote