Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
The Metric Ruler
The Ruler.

Talking Psycho invasion is coming to A-kon

Did you guys see this?!

For all those J-Rock fans, finally your wish has been granted:
This will be Psycho Le Cemu's first U.S. appearance!
This five member band has sold out CD's, and concert halls all over Japan since 1999. The band has stayed distinctive from other visual bands with their consistent change of look. They have been on several covers of premiere visual and Jrock magazines including, Gothic Lolita Bible. Psycho le Cemu is a highly energetic band that is well known for their interaction with their audiences. Their record label, Sweet Child, is shared with other well known acts such as Luna Sea, Pierrot, Plastic Tree, and more.
http://www.a-kon.com/
The Metric Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Wow.. that is big news for J-rock fans, and that's a good sign that more and more J-rock groups are appearing at more anime conventions this year! PLC was recently announced that they'll appear at PMX in So. CA the weekend before A-kon, and even though I'll be busy at Fanime in No.CA, I get a redemption-chance by going to A-kon to see them!

Just think that if you went to PMX, and/or Fanime, followed by A-kon, you'd see a lot of cool J-rock groups perform in concert like PCL, TMR, Blood, DuelJewel, Camino, etc.

Now if only Kumi Koda appears at A-kon, since she went to Ushicon in Texas back in February.. :bugtu:
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I so am making an Pentagram / Prism Star Fantasy Aya costume for this. I can get the band to sign it! XD Kyandichan may be joining me by doing a Doppleganger Daishi costume. Maybe.

I saw Koda Kumi at Ushicon (not the concert, but her walking around and giving autographs). I'm sorry, but... at the concert, she was dressed like a HO-BAG. Go oogle the fansview pictures, you'll see what I mean.

{ I N L U M I N O }

Last edited by Space Invader : 04-10-2004 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Typos! >.<
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 02:39 AM   #4
accelagirl

Rouman Hikou AYA costume here~

you should have seen my reaction when i heard that one of my three favoritest bands ever was going to be here.

it wasn't pretty, folks!

anywho, it was so grand in scale that i decided to take on a 4th costume that i'm going to have to pull off a miraculous budget cut to afford (as my budget already only fits 1 costume XDDDDD)
accelagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #5
kyandi-chan
Magical Girl K

space invader roped me into doing an outfit ...

im going to be doppelganger daishi. because he's like...

leopard!!!
kyandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
Scortia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invader
I so am making an Pentagram / Prism Star Fantasy Aya costume for this. I can get the band to sign it! XD Kyandichan may be joining me by doing a Doppleganger Daishi costume. Maybe.

I saw Koda Kumi at Ushicon (not the concert, but her walking around and giving autographs). I'm sorry, but... at the concert, she was dressed like a HO-BAG. Go oogle the fansview pictures, you'll see what I mean.
ROTFLMAO! I didn't go to the concert at all but I had heard that too. ^^;; I was considering a PLC costume too for A-kon but I can't find I like that is also doable in such a short amount of time.
Unread 05-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #7
Saikolady
Pocky for Yaoi

Yay! PLC! You should have seen me when I found out! I cried and cried I was SO happy.. I nearly fainted too when I went to go get some tissue ^_^;;

We're getting VIP seats and tickets to the private pre-party ^_^! I'm making a Roman Hikou Yura plushie for myself and a Doppelganger Daishi for a friend of mine :D They're gonna be so cuuuuuute~ *huggles* I'll HAVE to see you in that costume, Kyandi-chan! We can get a pic of you with the matching plushie XD!

Note: All of you cosplaying as them.. Be prepared for the glomping of your LIVES XD! ( Especially any Yura cosplayers.. @_@;; )

Last edited by Saikolady : 05-06-2004 at 02:13 PM.
Saikolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

Does anyone know what day they will be there, i NEED to get Aya's signature... I NEEED IT!!!
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #9
Ayane_Eiketsu
Jrock Groupie =^_^=

I know they're gonna be there all weekend cause they have a concert on Friday (i fought tooth and nail for the backstage pass from a girl that tried to buy 'em all out ) and Saturday and then on Sunday they have the photograph thing

Cosplays 2009:
*Athena - King of Fighters 2003
*Jiraiya - Naruto (Sexy no Jutsu ver.)
*Elena - FF:Before Crisis (school uniform)

Myspace Pimpage!: http://www.myspace.com/ayane_eiketsu
Ayane_Eiketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #10
Clueless Case
unce unce unce!

Hopefull you guys will have more pleasant experience than us PMXers did...but fun nonetheless...

Taking Wig Commissions
Clueless Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 04:49 AM   #11
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Just a warning, they aren't allowed to 'officially' give out autographs and their crew is extremely overly protective of them. and Jpophouse is really disorganized.

However, they are the absolute nicest people in the world, and every moment shared in the same room with them is a blessing. Please be respectful to them at a-kon and be sure to cosplay as much as humanly possible (as they are so appreciative of cosplayers, especially of themselves. ^_-)