Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 09-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Neon Genesis Evangelion Cosplayers?

Okay, there surely has to be a thread for this already, or maybe there was a thread and now there isn't, because this anime is so old, but it's such a classic and I feel a great need to talk about it and cosplay from it. And with the rebuilds, I feel like it's gained even more popularity. So here it goes!

I've always wanted to do some cosplaying from classic anime, like Sailor Moon or DBZ, but because I wasn't allowed to watch anime as a kid, none of them really clicked for me. Until recently when I watched the entire Eva series, End of Evangelion, and the three rebuild movies. I'm totally obsessed now. I'm working on a couple Asuka outfits, one of which is already finished, and dreaming about making a plugsuit.

Is there anyone else that still cosplays from Evangelion, or am I just a couple decades too late?

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Next con: Akai Con
Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I've been meaning to watch all of this..I've seen quite a bit, but not all of it, nor all the movies..Once I do (just so I can know more about the series I'm cosplaying from), I want to cosplay Asuka in her plugsuit..But I want to lose a lot of weight first, but still
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Ah yes!! The movies are really beautiful, but they differ a lot from the series at the second and third rebuilds (the first one is almost exactly like the show). I love all the parts for different reasons, haha.

And I really adore the plugsuits! I know you can buy some really top notch ones, but they're so expensive! Near or over a thousand bucks for a good one. I think my game plan is to just continue to get better at sewing and crafting, until I reach a point when I think I can tackle making a bodysuit. It might take me a while.

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea, while I was at a con over labor day weekend, adult swim played, I believe, the second movie. We were all kinda talking and doing other stuff so we didn't pay as much attention to it as I wanted to, but oh well haha I saw the first one..But it was a while ago..Like..Long while ago lol Like first came out long ago..

I know right? They look awesome. But no one I know likes the series enough to ever do it with me. I want to have a Rei with me, but I don't have anyone that wants to..At least not that I know of..This won't be for some time though..I also would rather learn to just do it myself and save tons of money.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Sirnaq_MN42

Working on a Kaworu cosplay now. I'm just going to do the school uniform for now, and then when I have the skills to make a plugsuit, I'll do that

Planned Cospays:
Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun) 100%
Faust VIII (Shaman King) 0%
Casual Dress Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) 40%
Plugsuit Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) 10%

Planned Cons for this year:
Saboten Con 2013
Kokiri Con 2013
Sirnaq_MN42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

@JasonTerror: When you get some time, I highly recommend watching everything! Series first, then End of Evangelion, and then the rebuilds, is probably the best way to do it. And I'm sure once you get working on a plugsuit, you'll find someone to be your Rei. I didn't get much interest before I started working on my cosplays, and now I have a couple of people saying they'll be Rei, Shinji, Kaworu and Mari. Actually physically making something seems to really spark my friends' interests, haha.

@Sirnaq: Awesome! I can't wait to see photos!

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

I actually just finished my cosplay with my fiance. We did Unit 01 and Unit 02 and won best journeyman award in the contest at our con!.

Here's some pictures. He's unit 01 and has the positron rifle and I'm unit 02 and I'm using a weapon she has in the 3rd rebuild movie.
Eva Pic1
Eva Pic2
Eva Pic3

Also super glad someone made a thread of this. Had been meaning to do it just hadn't gotten around yet.
palmtree_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

OH MY GOODNESS! You guys are AMAZING! I wish I had seen your costumes in person, I bet they were super awesome (albeit probably kind of creepy haha). Great job!

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Thank you so much! They're are a bit creepy ^^; Sadly very few people knew what we were from (darn being old). The list of things we've been asked what we were had been pretty silly (i.e. Are you a Digimon? Power Ranger? Gundam?)
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Aw man, seriously? Everybody seems to recognize, say, the plugsuits. Why not the things that the show is titled for, pfft. Well, great job nonetheless!

A general note, I'm super excited because I'm working on Asuka's school uniform. I sewed the blue jumper part myself, but I decided to order the blouse for time sake (my convention's less than two weeks away). I was kind of disappointed, because I didn't think it'd be accurate enough, but oh my goodness, I'm so happy!

I just got this blouse in the mail today, and the collar is HUGE. Way bigger than any normal peter pan collar! Maybe because it's specifically for 50's style costumes, but I'm so excited! Just thought I'd share, for future cosplayers that are short on time and/or not so good at sewing a blouse. (Be sure to order a size or two down; I'm a 33bust, 27waist, 36hips, I normally order a medium, I bought an extra small, and it's still almost a little too big)

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
Padmik
mikky

Aahh!!! Evangelion is my favorite anime series ever. I saw the movies first, when I was very little, back when everybody had Showtime lol. Saw the original series afterwards. I haven't watched the Rebuild movies yet though I have them. Guess I just haven't had the time to actually sit down and watch.

I was hoping to make Rei in her school uniform and white and black plugsuit next year but I'm gonna have to push those back to 2015 most likely :\

Btw, your EVA Unit cosplays look awesome palmtree! I would've died if I saw those in person haha~

[Tumblr] [CosBlog]

2014 Conventions
Shatterdome ATL, AWA
2014 Cosplays
Allison Argent (3x23) - Teen Wolf 100%
Mako Mori - Pacific Rim 100%
Honekoneko (kigu) - PaSwG 90%
Levi (WoC) - SnK/AoT 15%
Hibari Kyoya (jumpsuit) - KHR! 5%
Rilakkuma (kigu) 80%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Heck yes! I love Evangelion. I did Asuka's school uniform version already, I'm working on Shinji and I'm going to do Rei's school uniform and then I want to do some more Asuka outfits!

Asuka's plugsuit is my dream cosplay, but unfortunately it's just sooo expensive that I'll never get to do it ;___;

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
palmtree_freak
Not freaky for palmtrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
Heck yes! I love Evangelion. I did Asuka's school uniform version already, I'm working on Shinji and I'm going to do Rei's school uniform and then I want to do some more Asuka outfits!

Asuka's plugsuit is my dream cosplay, but unfortunately it's just sooo expensive that I'll never get to do it ;___;
Oh goodness! You make the most ADORABLE Asuka. I just want to take you home.
Propaholics Commissions
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Last niht I decided to add onto my DA page, a "dream cosplay" list..Asuka in her plugsuit is on that list lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 12-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

So, I know this thread is a couple months old but I'm reviving it because I'm going to go see 3.0 in theaters in about a week and a half! I'm very excited, mostly because I'm going to cosplay Asuka, but also because the third Rebuild is my favorite <3 <3

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt