Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
bfree

Denver Cosplayers

Hello all,
I believe I have found where the Denver Coplayers reside. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
Cheers!
bfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
GothBug
a.k.a DuvesaTwylyte

Hiya! I'm not in Denver ( canon city area)... but hello anyway! I'm a cosplayer of one year! NDK was my first... it was fun! Yay! lol Have you gone to the denver con? or are you new in denver? Hope you enjoy your stay at the forums though! ^.^ sorry... I think I'm hyper. I tend to ask too many questions when I am... lol
“... you have to remember not to change your beliefs according to those around you just to suit them and what they want or expect. Whether good or bad for either party involved, never let someone make you be something you feel isn’t you.” - Me~
GothBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
bfree

I have been in Denver for about 6 years, but I am new to the Cosplay scene and I have never attended a convention
bfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
Hyura
Wallflower

Hello and welcome! Will you be attending NDK this year? I've been attending and cosplaying for the past two years and it's a lot of fun.

x__x Unfortunately, I live in Colorado Springs and I can't find anybody who likes cosplaying or anime. Hopefully I'll be able to move up to Denver sometime.

••• | Next Event :: NDK NYE 2012 "Unmasked" event by D.C.C !

L O V E ♥ to cosplay themed parties, make food & prop, & bring favorite series to life !

Last edited by Hyura : 09-16-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Hyura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
GothBug
a.k.a DuvesaTwylyte

bfree- I really hope you enjoy going to conventions when you do go! 2006 was my first year and a WHOLE lotta fun!

Hyrua- I know how you feel...T.T I live in Penrose and there's really no one here. But hey! I used to live down in the Security area. My dad still makes trips down there every couple a months (business wise with the vac shop there...>.< he used to own it.)
“... you have to remember not to change your beliefs according to those around you just to suit them and what they want or expect. Whether good or bad for either party involved, never let someone make you be something you feel isn’t you.” - Me~
GothBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
Ifria

Hi!

I'm not in Denver either ^^;; I'm from Loveland/FoCo.

Welcome!
Unread 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
patcher2
A True No Life King

Ello im not in denver ithor but will be attending his con . I will be moveing soon to Cheyenne wy

Life ends , Thats what gives it meaning. ~ Death

Good morning! How is everyone? Its now 6am. Time for sleepy heads to wake up! Heres the list of your dead friends in the order they died... : Kitano from Battle Royale
patcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Hello and Welcome!!!
I'm a cosplayer for really just a year ah heh and been to two conventions with NDK <3. it's a LOT of fun! There's a group of Otaku's up here I run arround with [anyone remember the good and evil Edward Elrics? yeah them] and always looking to kidnap new people Mwahhaha! Also there is an anime meetup group that meets about twice a month on fridays usualy, once at a resteraunt for food and fun, the other time at someone's house for much anime goodness. So welcome to the cosplaying scene!

And Hey you guy's looking to move to denver, I know a few good places to live. There's an apartment complex near 225 and Parker Road that has studios for $399 this summer. it's in a good location near buss/ lightrail [nine mile] and really close to NDK!...ok so that's just a perk but the prices are decent [for the Denver aria they are cheep] and the aria is pretty safe [I've been a resident for a year now]. so if anyone needs help moving up to Denver haha I can get you and have quite a bit of information for anyone who needs it. helpped quite a few friends int he apartment shoping/ moving aria ;D
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
patcher2
A True No Life King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoli View Post
Hello and Welcome!!!
I'm a cosplayer for really just a year ah heh and been to two conventions with NDK <3. it's a LOT of fun! There's a group of Otaku's up here I run arround with [anyone remember the good and evil Edward Elrics? yeah them] and always looking to kidnap new people Mwahhaha! Also there is an anime meetup group that meets about twice a month on fridays usualy, once at a resteraunt for food and fun, the other time at someone's house for much anime goodness. So welcome to the cosplaying scene!

And Hey you guy's looking to move to denver, I know a few good places to live. There's an apartment complex near 225 and Parker Road that has studios for $399 this summer. it's in a good location near buss/ lightrail [nine mile] and really close to NDK!...ok so that's just a perk but the prices are decent [for the Denver aria they are cheep] and the aria is pretty safe [I've been a resident for a year now]. so if anyone needs help moving up to Denver haha I can get you and have quite a bit of information for anyone who needs it. helpped quite a few friends int he apartment shoping/ moving aria ;D
Anime group ? Sounds fun let me know when and where ok ? If you dont mind me joining you all . This is acitily somethign I was hopeing for . Here I belong to a turk group we use to go out to dinner in full turk garb there was 15 of us lol.

Life ends , Thats what gives it meaning. ~ Death

Good morning! How is everyone? Its now 6am. Time for sleepy heads to wake up! Heres the list of your dead friends in the order they died... : Kitano from Battle Royale
patcher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #10
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcher2 View Post
Anime group ? Sounds fun let me know when and where ok ? If you dont mind me joining you all . This is acitily somethign I was hopeing for . Here I belong to a turk group we use to go out to dinner in full turk garb there was 15 of us lol.
Sent you a PM and that will have allthe info but for others the site is http://anime.meetup.com/49/ havn't seen too many dress up but lol my otoku friends and I are usualy wearing something cosplay like. it's far too much fun wanding arroudn in full cosplay, the people in Aurora are far more accepting, strange looks and questions, but accepting....people in littleton call the cops [had it happen on me]

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
ndk_carrotglace
Love Machine!!! ^_^

Carrot Glace Says Hello!

Hello there! Welcome to the cosplay insanity that's literally a mile high above the rest! ^.^

I'm a Denver resident, and have been going to the local area convention--Nan Desu Kan--every year since 2001. I also went to Anime Banzai in Utah last year, and I'll be heading to SakuraCon in Seattle next weekend.

Don't get me wrong; I still love my NDK! ^_^ It's changed some over the last few years, but change isn't necessarily a bad thing. People still have their fun there, no matter what aspect of anime/manga/whatever they're into.

You should make your way there this; it'll be a good time, plus you'll get to hang out with your own kind: people like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoli
my otoku friends and I are usualy wearing something cosplay like. it's far too much fun wanding arroudn in full cosplay, the people in Aurora are far more accepting, strange looks and questions, but accepting....people in littleton call the cops [had it happen on me]
I'm...not quite sure what to say to this, Inoli...I should be surprised...but I'm not for some reason...? o.O

*clap-clap...pause...bow*

Costume History:
Carrot Glace, Sorcerer Hunters
(Nan Desu Kan 2001-2009, Anime Banzai 2006-2009, SakuraCon 2007, Anime Festival Wichita 2008-2010)
Marron Glace, Sorcerer Hunters
(Nan Desu Kan 2003-2006)
Macha the Temptress, .hack//SIGN
(Nan Desu Kan 2006-2009, Anime Banzai 2007-2009, SakuraCon 2007, Anime Festival Wichita 2008-2010)
Kaji Ryoji, Neon Genesis Evangelion
(Nan Desu Kan 2002)
ndk_carrotglace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM   #12
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Wow, there seem to be quite a few of us NDKers heading to SakuraCon, myself included. Anyway, I'm in the Denver area as well...so...yeah....
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 01:34 AM   #13
ndk_carrotglace
Love Machine!!! ^_^

You're going to SakuraCon too, lily? That's awesome; maybe our paths will cross there! ^.^

*clap-clap...pause...bow*

Costume History:
Carrot Glace, Sorcerer Hunters
(Nan Desu Kan 2001-2009, Anime Banzai 2006-2009, SakuraCon 2007, Anime Festival Wichita 2008-2010)
Marron Glace, Sorcerer Hunters
(Nan Desu Kan 2003-2006)
Macha the Temptress, .hack//SIGN
(Nan Desu Kan 2006-2009, Anime Banzai 2007-2009, SakuraCon 2007, Anime Festival Wichita 2008-2010)
Kaji Ryoji, Neon Genesis Evangelion
(Nan Desu Kan 2002)
ndk_carrotglace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
IchiHaneTenshi
Child of DOOM

Hey guys! :3 Just letting you know that I've started a group here for CO that will be meeting next week on April 5th. I need to know many are coming, so lemme know! You can cosplay as anything you'd like, we'll likely be going out somewhere like Laser tagging and then eat out, so be sure to bring enough money to do so!

I live in the Denver area, I'll be posting up another thread with my Address and whatnot so you all can get here if you're interested. I believe we're meeting on a thursday, if this isn't convenient let me know!
Unread 03-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
mixaka
Granter of wishes

^Sad, I'd be interested in going, but that's the day I leave for SakuraCon.

Which, yes ndk carrotglace, I will be attending and I'm always a fan of meeting fellow CO cosplayers. ^_^ I'm already meeting up with another person I found through the SC forums who has a group coming from CO. We'll all be cosplaying D. Gray-man on Sunday.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote