Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

Aggravated with Commissioner

So back in February I paid for a commissioner here on Cosplay.com after she excitedly told me she could create the Tomoyo (Tsubasa -- Piffle World Version) costume I was looking for. I was just as excited as she was. I didn't need the costume until September 15th, so I figured there was plenty of time to create the costume and get it here from her (as she lives in Poland)

I got emails from her periodically, but in July I stopped getting replies back from her. In August I started sending an email once a week to get updates. Finally she replied saying it would be done by August 15th. August 15th came and went, and I haven't heard from her since. It's really aggravating that I had my cosplay line up all set, and now I won't have my costume for this coming weekend.

I later found out after doing more research about her that others have been complaining about her. Maybe I should have done more research before I paid her, but seriously why do people have to scam with cosplay? -.-

Unread 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Would you be willing to tell who the commissioner is? Like, telling us their username here? If so it can seriously help others to avoid this. I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you DO get something (either the costume or even a refund).
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

I was working with Dreamhunter. She seemed nice and excited. Said she loved Clamp. So I really felt she was the right fit. I didn't see the complaints because they weren't there until after I paid. I was so looking forward to this cosplay and so it's really disappointing. I know I'm not the first nor the last to be disappointed, but I really wish it didn't happen at all.
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Ah, never heard of this commissioner..Either way, this really sucks and I hope it turns out better.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

I have worked with Dreamhunter before. In fact, the moment you said she was from Poland I knew who she was. She was very difficult to communicate with because of the language barriers, but I overall had a pleasant experience. I received my cosplay from her and it was beautiful. I just couldn't believe it once I started seeing all the complaints about her. I'm not trying to defend her anything, but I honestly think you WILL get your cosplay at some point. She is a very well known commissioner on this site and it just seems recently that she is having problems. I kind of wonder if she overbooked herself. I know its hard, but try and hang in there. I truly think you will get it at some point, just not on time.

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

I just wish she would respond to my emails. SOMETHING. Tell me what's going on. Right now I feel so helpless in what is going on and discouraged. The deadline is long since gone. The con is this weekend. CLEARLY it's not coming on time. But I still paid towards a cosplay that I truly want, even if it is going to be late.
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
StarcaIler

Same commissioner I am having issues with. I commissioned Togame from Katanagtari from her back in March for a September deadline, never got it...she promised Aug. 14th...nope. She promised Nov. 4th...nothing.. and now I am messaging her AGAIN. I dont know what to do anymore, its been 9 months.
Sakura Saber (Fate/Koha-Ace)

Next Con.
NDK 2014
StarcaIler is offline   Reply With Quote