Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlemma View Post
You were supposed to follow NYCC on twitter and facebook. They announced the online sales plenty in advance, but the 3 and 4 day passes sold out quickly online. I figured once they hit retail stores it would take a while for them to sell out, but that turned out not to be the case.

Also, they raised prices for single day passes, and I wonder if they made significantly less multi-day passes available so that they could take advantage of those higher prices.
We'll probably never find out about that as PR will always say more single passes in theory means more people can attend for a day. Obviously it is far from a perfect solution, but thems the breaks. Life ain't fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVN View Post
That sounds like a very sound theory, although they do raise prices every year either way. They also got rid of the Anime Convention that used to be part of Comic Con and their much lower 3 and 4 day passes that went with it.
NYAF also cost less to put on, so the badges were cheaper. However, like NYCC it was an industry show, and unlike comics, the anime industry in America is like 2 companies. I was NYAF "staff", the show was barely profitable, hence it got killed, amongst other logistics reasons.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #32
djlemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
We'll probably never find out about that as PR will always say more single passes in theory means more people can attend for a day. Obviously it is far from a perfect solution, but thems the breaks. Life ain't fair.

\
From a capitalistic sense, it's completely fair... Supply and Demand in action. I am surprised Saturday and multi-day passes didn't cost more, actually....
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #33
KVN

Quote:
From a capitalistic sense, it's completely fair... Supply and Demand in action. I am surprised Saturday and multi-day passes didn't cost more, actually....
They should go back to the old days where you can just buy a pass at the door, on the day of the convention. That's how I did it in 2010.
KVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVN View Post
They should go back to the old days where you can just buy a pass at the door, on the day of the convention. That's how I did it in 2010.
They kinda can't. The only reason why you were able to buy them at the door was because the show wasn't sold out 2 months in advance like it is now. Forcing you to buy your badge at the show the day of the convention would only cause MORE traffic.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote