Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Honestly..I sorta know what you mean..

I was in the market for a Stocking wig, which I'm no longer looking for. And I asked about hers. She kept the messages to one short sentance 9if you can call them that) each..I asked if she still had her wig and she said she had one. I asked her in the past for one, and she seemed to had sold that one, but mentioned another one (which, why sell one if you are just gonna buy another one) and I asked for pics of it. Not a single message after that made sense..One just literally said "email"....Nothing else..When I asked for pics, she said "email"..Like, Ok what? I said I didn't understand or whatever, and to know if I can still get pics..The next message I couldn't even comprehend..
Jason, L-EMAIL is the BRAND of the wig. -_-
wig-supplier.com.

You didn't want to pay the price I had it listed at so you asked where I got it from.. I told you. L-email.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Ninbri is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
I personally had a bad experience with Ninbri as a seller.
Basically I kept asking for pictures of an item and she told me to check the thread for them. I did. Never found them. She kept dodging the question, and I kept asking her nicely for pictures. She told me she was on mobile and couldn't do that, but would later. And told me again to check the thread.. Later came, and still no pictures. She proceeded to reply with "Learn to read" and that she "doesn't want to sell this to me." And to "stop messaging her" ..
Really just an overall bad experience. (I thought she was trying to scam me at first.. It was just really shady and all her replies were cold and rude) I never did get those pictures, but I ended up sewing my own in the end.

Knowing this, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninbri was harassing her.

How I feel about this is that the price she quoted you was the price she quoted. Would it be any different if she just gave you a flat rate cost of 125$ ? I commission from a lot of people.. sometimes I don't know where the money goes or how much went to shipping and other times they just tell me 20$ . And I am sure that the exact shipping isn't 20$.. It is just the price that they estimated. Heck, I see plenty of people do this in the marketplace.. They give a cost in whole numbers. They probably end up pocketing some change because of it.. Are they all in the wrong?
I agree with everyone that said that high balling is better than low balling.

Since you are the customer, though, she should be doing everything in her power to please you.. We really don't have the full story here and we don't know if you were actually harassing her or not. Which I am not accusing you of doing. Maybe you could provide screenshots?
It really is only one side of the story.

You kept asking pictures for something that already had pictures posted in the ad.. Honestly shoulda just sent it to you for free because it was really petty.
I apologize.

We exchanged conversation (me and CosplayFox) for about.. I'd guess 15 minutes or so?
harassment (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands.

I don't even think I posted this negative review so much because I didn't get my money back but because she gave me like.. 3 or 4 excuses as to why she wasn't gonna give it back.
1) I am a bad customer and her commissioner friends don't like me
2) She did me a favor just by accepting this commission because I am a bad customer
3) Not refunding me because I would post a negative review no matter what she said or did

Honestly if she missed my deadline (which she did) I should be asking for a full refund and the costume can belong to her to resell, but I'm not.

Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Unread 10-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

So..why couldn't you just say that..and no I didn't say I wouldn't pay that price, I even bought one that costs more..so don't pull that. I may have asked where you got it, but does it occur to you that I'd like to make sure it's from a place I can even wear? I can't wear a lot of China eBay wigs (some I can, most I cant) but that didn't mean I wasn't interested in it. I even told you I was interested.

Oh, and on the ad topic, you just keep talking people to go back to the ad..if they asked you for pics, then they already saw the Damn ad. Maybe they want better pictures. Not only is telling them "look at the ad" a very rude way to say it, iys very very bad customer service. They messaged you about a thing you are selling right? They have to see that you're selling it..meaning they saw the ad, meaning they want better pics..if you want it sold, don't be so rude to people that want to give you their money..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 10-08-2013 at 12:23 PM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
KidXister

First off I think you are in collage and you should not be spending money on such things as cosplay. I went to collage once, and even though I had a job, I still could not afford to eat after paying rent and electricity. I ate stale bread, and on occasion from a dumpster. So the way I see it is you are wasting your money anyway, what is 7 more dollars?

Secondly, I've done one commission and I undercharged for the shipping, but it was the price that my customer and I had agreed upon, I didn't come after him after the fact and demand more money from him. I guess what I'm getting at here is, wouldn't you be a little ticked off if she undercharged you and then came after you for the 7 bucks, when you had already agreed to pay a certain amount.
KidXister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
Demek
Demekian The Namekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
So..why couldn't you just say that..and no I didn't say I wouldn't pay that price, I even bought one that costs more..so don't pull that. I may have asked where you got it, but does it occur to you that I'd like to make sure it's from a place I can even wear? I can't wear a lot of China eBay wigs (some I can, most I cant) but that didn't mean I wasn't interested in it. I even told you I was interested.

Oh, and on the ad topic, you just keep talking people to go back to the ad..if they asked you for pics, then they already saw the Damn ad. Maybe they want better pictures. Not only is telling them "look at the ad" a very rude way to say it, iys very very bad customer service. They messaged you about a thing you are selling right? They have to see that you're selling it..meaning they saw the ad, meaning they want better pics..if you want it sold, don't be so rude to people that want to give you their money..
Lol sounds like shes the one with bad customer service.
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Please, let's keep this thread on topic and not swerve to other instances that have nothing to do with the transaction. Thank you.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
KatTehninja

It seems like you two have to work something more out.. since there are such mixed opinions you two should probably just talk it out and resolve it between yourselves.
But, I'm just wondering, isn't the costume coming in time for the con you wanted it for?

Otherwise, ignoring the deadline thing, I don't think it's worth the trouble for $7. You agreed on a price, and, I'm sure if she didn't separate the two prices, her quote would've been the same. So does it even matter?
And I agree with the statements above. She was giving an estimate on a price, and she overshot it by $7. You probably wouldn't have wanted her to come asking you for more for shipping or materials once she'd given you a price.
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
KatTehninja

How was she supposed to know how much exactly the costume was going to weigh when giving you a quote? It's ridiculous to think that the shipping estimate would be completely spot on.
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Shipping prices vary between the company that one chooses, the date you ship, the speed you ship, the location you're shipping to, the services (ex. signature confirmation) that are chosen, the weight and size of the package. Even with the postage calculator, you can still be way off on the costs of shipment. When it comes to Cosplay, the final weight and sizes of costumes and props vary, and are often unknown when the quote is given and what may be the price of one item, isn't going to be the price of another.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
LalaFTL
Red

Packing materials are more expensive than people think. =/ I would see how well your items are packaged before demanding your money back based on that.

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #41
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Just wanted to update everyone. I got the package today. The headpiece was missing and when I told CosplayFpx about it she just told me her business with me is complete and to take it up with USPS. So not.only do I have a late costume, no money back from it, and now I can't even wear it to my convention because it is incomplete. The pieces on the shoes were glued on and the bra was like a size double D.. The two props look good but everything else I give an F.

Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Unread 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #42
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Real names should not be posted...I'd suggest editing them out of both threads...and probably her personal info on measurements and the like. I wouldn't want that exposed, personally... :/
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #43
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Ok, please keep everything to one topic and please do not use real names. I had to delete anything that did.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #44
TheCosplayFox

sorry about the post of real names I will post again without showing real names.

I would like to state that ninbri got her costume on the 9th but she claims to have gotten it on the 14th here are pictures of this.

now she also goes back and forth between she apparently likes the costume and she doesn't like it here was on of her posts stating that she did like everything was just mad about the headpiece missing. which I don't think it was missing which I'm sure anyone can understand after being lied to so many times.

here is the costume I made for her. The one I have been told looks like crap I may add in.

Last edited by TheCosplayFox : 10-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #45
TheCosplayFox

I'd like to state that she has been harassing me with certain comments she has been making.

she also states that I never asked for arm measurements but I did here is proof.

TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote