Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 12-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Hanha
Registered User
 
Hanha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
The game was just announced to be localized in Europe for March 28, so her localized name is Espella Cantabella now. I still refer to her as Mahoney though.

I also have my Lauren Paups cosplay from 2011 still in one piece if anyone would like an AA outfit. Fits about a dress size 12-14. Includes dress, apron, shoes if you're a women's size 9, and bandana but no wig. Here's a really informal pic of the outfit.

Last edited by Hanha : 12-26-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Hanha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #17
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanha View Post
The game was just announced to be localized in Europe for March 28, so her localized name is Espella Cantabella now. I still refer to her as Mahoney though.

I also have my Lauren Paups cosplay from 2011 still in one piece if anyone would like an AA outfit. Fits about a dress size 12-14. Includes dress, apron, shoes if you're a women's size 9, and bandana but no wig. Here's a really informal pic of the outfit.
That's fine, I heard about the European localization of PL VS AA as well. I acknowledge both names, Mahoney or Espella. I'm too lazy to edit the character list haha!

I'll do my best to promote your generous AA cosplay offer!
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #18
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
VIDEO DEBUT: PL VS AA Live Action

Hello everybody! I just signed this cosplay gathering up for shooting some footage for a "Live Action Cosplay Video" hosted by Cosplay.com user "tipsd9video"!

/ALL COSPLAYERS/ NEED TO BE PRESENT AT THE GATHERING IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS WORK!!

We will be making some Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney LIVE ACTION crossover scenes for the video! These scenes will be based on the PL VS AA trailer: http://youtu.be/g9OtuZxhwUs

We may do either one (or both if we have time) of the following scenes:
  • Scene 1: Layton and Luke/Phoenix and Maya disappear into the Book @0:30 - 0:38
  • Scene 2: Signature "pointy finger" pose w/ Layton and Phoenix @2:30

More details can be found here:

Last edited by MagicianCelemis : 01-03-2014 at 10:55 PM.
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #19
crosschord
It's that girl
 
crosschord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 321
Gaaaaaaah for some reason I had it in my head this gathering was on Saturday. I have something going on at 4 on Friday, so I'll be getting ready for it during this time. Sorry!

I will be wearing Ema on Saturday, if anyone wants some shots then!
__________________
Identivity Cosplay on Facebook! My Twitter

Upcoming Conventions!
Anime California - August 2014
Comikaze - November 2014 (Will be there for one day)
Pacific Media Expo - November 2014 (Maybe, still deciding)
Anime Los Angeles - January 2015
Fanime - May 2015

Upcoming Cosplays!
CC - Code Geass
Yukari (Fashion Show Dress) - Paradise Kiss
Yuuko (Bustle Dress) - xxxHolic
Asami - Legend of Korra (Maybe)
crosschord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #20
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosschord View Post
Gaaaaaaah for some reason I had it in my head this gathering was on Saturday. I have something going on at 4 on Friday, so I'll be getting ready for it during this time. Sorry!

I will be wearing Ema on Saturday, if anyone wants some shots then!
Sorry about that! I'll try to find you on Saturday (or you can find me!), to give you the exclusive PL VS AA ribbon!

How's that sound?
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #21
crosschord
It's that girl
 
crosschord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianCelemis View Post
Sorry about that! I'll try to find you on Saturday (or you can find me!), to give you the exclusive PL VS AA ribbon!

How's that sound?
Lol! Not your fault I got my dates/times mixed up. But that sounds good! (If you can find me, since I'll be wandering a lot)
__________________
Identivity Cosplay on Facebook! My Twitter

Upcoming Conventions!
Anime California - August 2014
Comikaze - November 2014 (Will be there for one day)
Pacific Media Expo - November 2014 (Maybe, still deciding)
Anime Los Angeles - January 2015
Fanime - May 2015

Upcoming Cosplays!
CC - Code Geass
Yukari (Fashion Show Dress) - Paradise Kiss
Yuuko (Bustle Dress) - xxxHolic
Asami - Legend of Korra (Maybe)
crosschord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #22
Shugo the Fox
White and Nerdy
 
Shugo the Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 212
I'll bring my Godot cosplay and be at the gathering for sure.

Just to confirm; 3 PM, Day 1, Pool Deck, right?
__________________
Anime Cons + Gatherings Attending for 2014
  • ALA 2014
  • ANIME EXPO 2014
  • Pacific Media Expo 2014

Cosplays
  • Serge - Chrono Cross
  • Paper Mario
  • Godot - Phoenix Wright
  • Kenji Mitsusada - Cardfight! Vanguard
  • Shugo - Original Character Cosplay
Shugo the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #23
Hanha
Registered User
 
Hanha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
This is so exciting!! I'd just like to pop down a picture of my cosplay in advance. There's some touch ups I need to deal with (mainly loose threads) but here!



See you next Friday!!
Hanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #24
Amerja
Baby Cosplayer
 
Amerja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Hello, I am a new cosplayer and I was planning to debut Mia Fey at Anime Los Angeles. I work as staff so hopefully I will get to come to the gathering. Is it ok to participate? ^^
Amerja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #25
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugo the Fox View Post
I'll bring my Godot cosplay and be at the gathering for sure.

Just to confirm; 3 PM, Day 1, Pool Deck, right?
Hahah, thanks bro, just added you to the list! Glad to have you back at ALA 2014, it was good seeing you at AX 2013 as well!

Correct, that's the exact date and time! Just scan around the Pool area, and look for a man in a black top-hat with a red band (That's Layton for you!)

Last edited by MagicianCelemis : 01-06-2014 at 02:25 PM.
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #26
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanha View Post
This is so exciting!! I'd just like to pop down a picture of my cosplay in advance. There's some touch ups I need to deal with (mainly loose threads) but here!

......

See you next Friday!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You totally redone your Espella cosplay!! It looks fabulous!!
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #27
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerja View Post
Hello, I am a new cosplayer and I was planning to debut Mia Fey at Anime Los Angeles. I work as staff so hopefully I will get to come to the gathering. Is it ok to participate? ^^
That's great! Hope to see you there then!

I will add you to the list~ Also, log in and check out our Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2423...endar&source=1
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #28
Amerja
Baby Cosplayer
 
Amerja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianCelemis View Post
That's great! Hope to see you there then!

I will add you to the list~ Also, log in and check out our Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2423...endar&source=1
Added! ^_^ Also I will be Mia, not Maya. Hope that is ok?
Amerja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #29
Amerja
Baby Cosplayer
 
Amerja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianCelemis View Post
That's great! Hope to see you there then!

I will add you to the list~ Also, log in and check out our Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2423...endar&source=1
Ahhhh I will be Mia, not Maya. Hope that is still ok? I joined the facebook group so I'll see you guys there!
Amerja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #30
MagicianCelemis
Registered User
 
MagicianCelemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Thumbs up ALA 2014 to an END: Success!

Thank you all for coming to ALA 2014 to attend this small but wonderful gathering!

We had about 16 COSPLAYERS (5 from Professor Layton [Espella counts for PL] and 11 from Ace Attorney) and approx. 10 non-cosplayers/observers, striking a total of 26 PEOPLE in attendence!

I will have photos posted up on deviantART and tumblr! (IDK about Facebook, but I will upload the links) Most likely I will host another gathering again, so hope to see you all next year at ALA 2015!
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.