Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
sunrisesheriff
Durin's Folk

Unhappy Worried about not getting my cosplay stuff

Hi.

This is my first time posting here, so I'm unsure as to whether this is in the right spot but back in June I paid in full for someone to make me a tunic and suede jacket to match that of Fili the Dwarf from The Hobbit, and my due date for needing it was two weeks ago so I could finish it all off and get everything organized. I don't want to bad mouth the commissioner as I understand things come up and people get busy but it's been like pulling teeth to get in contact with this commissioner. I'm unsure as to whether she is a part of this website, but I got recommended to go to her through a person I know from ETSY, so the commissioner and I organized the cosplay through there at first and everything went well before ETSY put a stop on her account due to her not paying the selling fees.

It took a couple weeks for her to reply back to me to even start getting measurements. Both a friend and myself have gone through this person to get cosplays, her Kiili and mine Fili. I hate being a pest and constantly emailing because I know that things don't always go smooth like but between my friend and I, we've both shelled out quite a bit of money, but my friend paid more then I did. Me $300 and my friend about $700, so basically she's made $1,000 from the both of us. Unfortunately it's been over the 45 days to where you can get your money back through paypal, so we're both currently out of pocket and we were suppose to have the cosplay ready by next weekend since we're suppose to be wearing it by next weekend but each time we receive an email, the commissioner keeps saying she's going to send it out and that next time we'll be getting a tracking number.

Each time, she keeps falling through and never replying back to any of the emails and never sends any tracking number. I can never seem to get in contact with her at all and it's aggravating to not get any word on whats happening after four months and money lost. Is there anything I can do about getting my money back if my cosplay doesn't arrive after this week? I've commissioned a couple other things before and I've never had this problem, so I'm unsure of what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Last edited by sunrisesheriff : 11-01-2013 at 08:13 PM.
sunrisesheriff is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Hearth
Unregistered User

You can try contacting your bank or credit card company to see if you can do a chargeback. In the future, it might be best to put down a deposit first, no matter how much you trust the commissioner. Like you said, sometimes things happen, but you shouldn't have to suffer for it either. Best of luck.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
StHoly

I agree with Hearth.. I am so sorry to have this happened to you.
Last time I had the same problem too, but I was trying to be careful... 1600$ costume, down payment 300$ then as it progressed it was so nicely done. Communications was good too but when you get the real thing it's like a different piece. But picture is always better than the real thing..
Anyway, yes talk to your bank to see if you can take the money back.. I really do hope you get your money back!

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote