Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
sycamore

Fake blood that doesn't stain skin?

Good afternoon, lovelies!

I've got Youmacon coming up on Halloween weekend, and will be debuting two different cosplays. On the first and last days, I will need to coat my hands and forearms in blood up to my elbows. For the middle two days, I will be in a gorgeous gown in a cosplay that has nothing to do with gore.

Therein lies my problem - I need a fake blood that won't stain my skin for the two days in between. Nobody likes a murderous TARDIS. I have an advantage in the convention being at Halloween, so there are numerous Halloween stores springing up around my town. I've been in a few, but the bottles of blood I've found can only recommend that they don't stain clothing, not skin.

I'd be open to any suggestions for brands of fake blood I could buy that you know won't stain skin, or even recipes to make my own. Tried and true recommendations are greatly preferred. If you give me a recipe, please also recommend what you use to transport the fake blood with you after it's made, because I can't seem to think of what to do in that situation!

Thanks so much in advance!
sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
offbook

Mehron stage blood is really good. It dries nicely but comes off easily and doesn't smell bad. You can find it on amazon and eBay and sites like that
offbook is offline   Reply With Quote