Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
AmandaLaPalme

Need to make skin pale

I'm planning on cosplaying Jinx from League of Legends. I've looked around on the forums and saw that this was probably ideal:
http://global.kryolan.com/product/aq...-body/body#482

But I can't find anywhere that carries it.

I'm looking for a product that can make my skin light pale, preferably with an even consistency.

Suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated! Please let me know where/how I can also purchase it. Dx
AmandaLaPalme is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
DeeperBlue
In Over Her Head

Try posting this in the Makeup and Eye Contacts section under Cosplay Construction. You'll get help there.

Fayt Leingod - Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - Making armor

Faize Sheifa Beleth - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Working on bracers, rapier
DeeperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

For that specific product, I found it in the cake version at PNTA or Ebay.

On the high end, Illamasqua makes a pure white foundation that can be either applied alone or mixed with other foundations to make them lighter. Sometimes it is available at Sephora, but it is always available from their website here.

I've always had luck with Camera Ready Cosmetics; Kryolan DermaColor Camouflage Cream foundation here may have a color that you could use.

Graftobian Theatrical Cream Foundation is a less-expensive alternative to Kryolan, and comes in a variety of colors. Available at Camera Ready Cosmetics .

Ben Nye is also a popular brand, though reviews can be mixed. The Cream Foundation in "Pale Vampire" seems similar to the color you are looking for. Available here.

As for even application: use a foundation brush (such as the Sigma F60) to apply the product in sweeping motions. Then, blend in outward circles with a round sponge (I highly recommend the Beauty Blender). Dust lightly with translucent powder (such as e.l.f. High Definition Powder) using a fluffy brush like the Sigma F20. For all-day wear, I would invest in a quality setting spray such as Mehron Barrier Spray or Ben Nye Final Seal.

Hope this helps!
AdventurerEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Illamasqua, while great, is crazy expensive. $50 including shipping to have one standard bottle of foundation shipped to me. I wouldn't recommend pure white - that's what I used for Harle's face and you would probably want to at least go one shade up if you go with that product, or blend colors (which is even more pricey). But since Jinx shows a lot of skin, I wouldn't recommend that product. I also have plans to cosplay Jinx and have a bit of a bronze from the Florida sun, at least on my upper half, and my way of dealing with that will probably be with water-activated body makeup, with proper prep and sealing, to tone down where I have tanned the most to match my natural skin tone.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
rayysmith
MUA with the big boobs.

This product will provide you with coverage and stay that will last all con which would be a better idea then most water activated body makeup. Just remember, she isn't WHITE so don't slap on a bunch of white foundation. The trick, is to use a color that is a few shades lighter then your own skin color, or you'll end up looking chalky and tacky. using this aquacolor with a bit of primer (or moisturizer) to thin it out is your best bet. Then continue layering until you've reached your wanted shade!
rayysmith is offline   Reply With Quote