Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
Nishi
Spiritual Machine

Tales of 2014

Anyone up for a Tales gathering? My friends and I will be cosplaying Jude, Alvin, and Gaius from Xillia (and possibly Elize), but it'd be cool to have a general Tales group meet-up anyway?

deviantART | WorldCosplay | ACP | tumblr

Last edited by Nishi : 01-20-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Nishi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Not entirely sure what my plans are, but there's a chance my brother and I will be around at some point as Decus and Richter from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

I'm always up for it, as I've hosted the gatherings for the past four years. Due to not being sure if I'm going or not, I wasn't planning on hosting it. That, and with no more SCMB, I've lost a bit of interest in Sakuracon. However, some buddies of mine are coming over for this, so I can't miss it.
I will have Marian Fustel from Tales of Destiny. Chester Barklight from Tales of Phantasia. And if I push it, I may have either Marta Lualdi from Tales of Symphonia 2, or Alvin from Tales of Xillia.

Aseliacon 2014
Marian Fustel
Alvin (Tales of Xillia)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia)
Chester Barklight (Tales of Phantasia)
Spada (Tales of Innocence)

Sakuracon 2014
Marian Fustel
Mary (Ib)
Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)
Chester Barklight
crystalamaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Axel38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi View Post
Anyone up for a Tales gathering? My friend and I will be cosplaying Jude and Alvin from Xillia, but it'd be cool to have a general Tales group anyway!
I'll be going as Asch and my best friend is going as Luke (both from tales of the abyss). It would be awesome to have a tales photo shoot If it were to happen what day would we do it?
Axel38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Jets

I'm still not quite sure if I will be going to Sakura-Con next year.
But if I do, I will come as either Estelle or Elize.
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Nishi
Spiritual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel38 View Post
I'll be going as Asch and my best friend is going as Luke (both from tales of the abyss). It would be awesome to have a tales photo shoot If it were to happen what day would we do it?
I think maybe we should hold off for a bit to see if there will be more people responding? That way we can see what time works best for everyone. I just wanted to get a thread started to see how many would be interested in a meetup.

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Axel38

Quote:
I think maybe we should hold off for a bit to see if there will be more people responding? That way we can see what time works best for everyone. I just wanted to get a thread started to see how many would be interested in a meetup.
Yeah, that makes sense. Well I hope more people respond
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

Usually Friday evening, about 5-6pm is a good time. It give people a chance to show and then go to the dance. Also, hosting 2 doesn't hurt. One on Saturday morning about 10am is fairly good too. That's what we've been doing. For the Friday shoot, I highly suggest the International Meeting Place. There's plenty of room there for everyone. For the Saturday one, the fountain outside on the fourth floor is usually good.

Aseliacon 2014
Marian Fustel
Alvin (Tales of Xillia)

Sakuracon 2014
Marian Fustel
Mary (Ib)
Chester Barklight
Unread 11-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #9
Axel38

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalamaris View Post
Usually Friday evening, about 5-6pm is a good time. It give people a chance to show and then go to the dance. Also, hosting 2 doesn't hurt. One on Saturday morning about 10am is fairly good too. That's what we've been doing. For the Friday shoot, I highly suggest the International Meeting Place. There's plenty of room there for everyone. For the Saturday one, the fountain outside on the fourth floor is usually good.
That time and place sounds good to me!
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Nishi
Spiritual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalamaris View Post
Since it might be a smaller group this year, I was hoping to go with what would work for the majority rather than what's normally done... =\ Which is why I started this thread for people to comment and discuss about which times/dates would work best for them. I know for me, I would like to throw in a vote for Saturday noon Again I'd like to hear everyone's preferred schedules!

I like the International Courtyard though! And if anyone has trouble finding it we could always meet someplace easier first before moving there as a group.

Unread 11-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Axel38

Quote:
Since it might be a smaller group this year, I was hoping to go with what would work for the majority rather than what's normally done... =\ Which is why I started this thread for people to comment and discuss about which times/dates would work best for them. I know for me, I would like to throw in a vote for Saturday noon Again I'd like to hear everyone's preferred schedules!

I like the International Courtyard though! And if anyone has trouble finding it we could always meet someplace easier first before moving there as a group.
I'm not really sure what time is the best time for me and my friend but since I'm not a morning person noon on Saturday sounds better to me. And is the International Courtyard outside? I forgot where it is but I don't have a huge preference on the location.
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

Well, after my 3rd or 4th playthrough of Tales of Vesperia, Im getting the urge to cosplay either Yuri or Estelle. I know im not gonna have the time or money to have that done by Sakuracon on top of my other cosplays though, so ill just come down and take some pictures of you guys.
Cosplays ive done: Sephiroth(FF7), Kirito SAO and ALO versions, Kazuto Kirigaya casual outfit and school uniform(SAO), Homura Akemi(PMMM), Namine(KH), and Kuroyukihime school uniform (Accel World)
Azuraschampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
POOTERS

Might be going as either Gaius from Xillia or Richard from Tales of Graces F.

Last year I was Yuri Lowell from Vesperia.

Next: Anime Central(5/2014), FanimeCon(5/3014), Anime Expo(7/2014)
POOTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

There's still going to be a good chunk of Tales cosplayers. I know I have three people coming to Seattle just to go as Tales of. I'm all for the Saturday one as well.
The International Meeting Place is on the 2nd floor, under the escalators. It's right by the smoothie bar.
If you don't mind, I would personally like to host one on Friday afternoon-evening at a time people can agree on as well.

Aseliacon 2014
Marian Fustel
Alvin (Tales of Xillia)

Sakuracon 2014
Marian Fustel
Mary (Ib)
Chester Barklight
Unread 01-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #15
Axel38

For the saturday, could we push it forward say...11am or noon? my friend and I are getting a photo shoot done at 9am and I'm not sure when we'll be done. As for Friday I'm not too picky about times but what dance is happening on Friday? I'm assuming it's the masquerade ball or a rave....?