Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 04-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #1
Dragonrage
The Taco God

Your bad experiances at AB04

I know there were a lot of good experiances but I'm curious of people's bad experiance. My bad experiance was the hotel room we got, it was ghettolious as a room mate put it. We had old moldy yogurt in out ice buckets, holes in out molding and walls. Lights unplugged and a broken bed. Every time i touched metal I got shocked. When the elevators were backed up I took the stairs and fell down a few flights, Good thing my vinyl Keiichi jacket was a bit tough to take a lot of the blows. I accidently stepped on a few cosplayers dressed and ended up ripping them a bit.. I feel so horrible... That was my bad experiance.

Rx-78 v2 Gundam Mobile suit Gundam
Shinigami-sama soul eater
Dragonrage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
BondagePenguin
Ich sehe was, das siehst

Rooming was my bad experience too, we were supposed to get two beds, a decent size room....instead the hotel gave that to staffers and we got put in a closet
BondagePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
Flea
Magical Girl

I cant really think of anything bad that happened... I overslept on sunday and didnt get to see AMV overflow, thats about it.
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
DragonMistral
Bronze and Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrage
I know there were a lot of good experiances but I'm curious of people's bad experiance. My bad experiance was the hotel room we got, it was ghettolious as a room mate put it. We had old moldy yogurt in out ice buckets, holes in out molding and walls. Lights unplugged and a broken bed. Every time i touched metal I got shocked. When the elevators were backed up I took the stairs and fell down a few flights, Good thing my vinyl Keiichi jacket was a bit tough to take a lot of the blows. I accidently stepped on a few cosplayers dressed and ended up ripping them a bit.. I feel so horrible... That was my bad experiance.
Geez, that's rough..where did you stay?? I hope it wasn't the Park Plaza Hotel - that place seems to swanky to sport such a reportoire! I am sure the cosplayers will understand..lil rips are easy enough to repair, and it could be the catalyst they were waiting for to bust out a new costume! ^^

I can't really think of a bad experience..paying T fare is always a bad experience. It's so expensive nowadays..

See the Art!
Read the Journal!
DragonMistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
EvilMoogleQueen
kupo or die

When I cosplayed Guu no one knew who I was supposed to be. I was a little dissapointed.
EvilMoogleQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #6
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

I lost my liscense. It was in my hand, and the next thing I knew it was gone. I looked everywhere and it was nowhere. I checked at the lost and found and security desk too, nothing. Now I have to have my mom drive me to high school until the DMV opens again.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Winry
Nyao! :3

My friend tried to pick a fight with a kid behind her before the cosplay show. It was because he had ripped a piece of paper she wrote 'Cake iz God' on as a joke. (He used his religion as a excuse which was not as good reason.) I dunno if it was on purpose or not, but he did apologize. Unfortunely, she being type of person she is didn't want to let it go, and also she then claimed she didn't hear him said it. It was like 'Just it go already, he apologize, end it.', but Anyways, that was basically the only bad experience I faced at AB.
Unread 04-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
hikura
Flyboy

The room i got was really small this year.Thankfully it just was me in the room.Plus it was drier then hell in that hotel.Good god it wrecked havoc with my sinuses.Twice i got into sneezing fits and it lead to two small noses bleeds.Plus i was constantly thristy as hell.Plus it being so dry in the hotel and in my room it lead to constant static shock.Plus i would like to apologize to jacksusername and dragonrage for not hanging out with them.Plus i missed the ah my goddess photoshoot(i completely and totally forgot about it).
Unread 04-12-2004, 03:24 PM   #9
Kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha

A good friend of mine was on the AMV Iron Chef panel (he was one of the editors) so I went to watch him, but there was this guy sitting next to me who was really annoying. He kept talking about hentai to me and referring to the act of getting friendly with his hand. I was just like, "Ummm, ok, that's nice... please leave me alone..." And it didn't help that he was sitting RIGHT next to me - close enough to touch me, which he did a couple of times. I wished I had Edward Elric's (whom I was cosplaying as) powers right then, cuz I'd have transmuted the floor into a wall between us. ~_~ I wound up leaving after a half an hour because I couldn't take it anymore. Other than that, though, I had a pretty good time! ^^
Unread 04-12-2004, 03:30 PM   #10
DroopyEyedMonk

The boston park plaza hotel room I got wasn't NEARLY as swanky as I expected. =\ I could barely take one step in the bathroom and the room was just gross in general. I mean, there were used ear plugs on the nightstand. ><

As far as the actual con goes; the music at the dance was horrible. X_x; Techno is all fine and dandy, but not techno going on for THREE FRICKEN HOURS at a time.

I think everything else bad that happened was a result of bad planning on my part. ^^;;
DroopyEyedMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 03:49 PM   #11
ChibiRinoa
Dynamic Duo

my sword hilt and boot flaps kept breaking, so i missed going to the dealers room because i was fixing them up before the masq. performance >.<
Unread 04-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #12
Miscellaneous
Witches are made of wood!

I lost a couple little wooden "rivets" form the hilt of my sword as i was going up backstage before i was set to go up for the masquerade.

There was a point where i had to run back and forth from the castle to the convention center to locate the person with my wallet so i could buy the freakin advent children poster with cloud and sephy. I went back and forth like 3 times before i found them. I ended up buying a box of pocky too.

Oh and on saturday i had to walk kinda far holding all my bought crap, my camera, and my sword, just to get to the closest fast food place. Ended up goin to wendy's (which seemed like forever carryng all that stuff) and when i got back i kept trying to manage all my crap, like move it from bag to bag so i could keep walkng around, and it just started getting annoying, but i eventually got it.

And now i dont know what to do with my pics... I have them on my 'puter but cant upload them to angelfire (too big maybe?)
Unread 04-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #13
Dragonrage
The Taco God

Some of the rooms were really bad, but the rooms staffers got were awesome. I think that for me is another reason to want to be a staffer.

Rx-78 v2 Gundam Mobile suit Gundam
Shinigami-sama soul eater
Dragonrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 04:15 PM   #14
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Bah >< You know... My room was like a closet.. I've seen motor lodges with bigger rooms..
Unread 04-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #15
Dewy
Sicut erat in principio

The dance was crap :/ I left almost immediatly....
Dewy is offline   Reply With Quote