Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #106
TheNightingale
Extraordinarily Ordinary.

I got them here! http://www.ebay.com/itm/321258670520... 4.m1439.l2649

I'll probably stick with them for now, see how they look with the wig. I'm also having issues with the cardigan. I don't wanna try the Japanese ones because they never fit right and I cannot seem to find any in stores around here. ;-;

Time for some thrilling heroics.
TheNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #107
prettygraffiti
how unpleasant.

I'm cosplaying Mirai for day two of Sakura Con. For some reason I couldn't find the right shade of pale pink for her cardigan online so I'm just going to dye a white sweater to achieve the perfect pink shade. The only problem I have is about the hair. I have pink-orange hair right now, but I don't think it'll do a good enough job for the cosplay. Are there any recommendations about wigs? Any good stores on ebay would be appreciated too! I'm kind of new at this, so I don't know where to look for her particular hair color/style.
prettygraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #108
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

(Sorry for the long post but I hope it's useful to people looking for Mirai wigs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygraffiti View Post
I'm cosplaying Mirai for day two of Sakura Con. For some reason I couldn't find the right shade of pale pink for her cardigan online so I'm just going to dye a white sweater to achieve the perfect pink shade. The only problem I have is about the hair. I have pink-orange hair right now, but I don't think it'll do a good enough job for the cosplay. Are there any recommendations about wigs? Any good stores on ebay would be appreciated too! I'm kind of new at this, so I don't know where to look for her particular hair color/style.
hf920's whole store on eBay is shut down for Chinese New Year right now, but if you have time once it's back up, I'd recommend it from there. I was going to get my wig there before realizing they shut down, as one of my friends bought hers from them and it looked great (even though it's pretty strictly orange).

Here's a few from sellers that friends have recommended me or that have good reviews in general. They also have some differences in color/style so you can have a variety of choices. Keep in mind a lot of them are closed for CNY and probably won't restock/ship anything until the 10th or so:
Charissa-Kids
Wigfashion and Cosplaywigstore (I'm fairly sure these are run by the same company, but it looks like the wigs have slight variations so it doesn't hurt to put them both)
Lucaille
and Wig-Supplier/L-Email (You can bundle the wig and glasses together really cheaply here too)
...I've looked into a lot of wig suppliers so I don't have to spend a long time looking, in case you can't tell.

My girlfriend bought mine from a different seller...I think they look kinda sketchy and I've no idea what it'll look like as they only use cosplayer photos, but apparently she uses them often, so we'll see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys updated when I actually get it. My main concern is if it'll be big enough and long enough for my stupid melon head :T
I suppose if it doesn't fit or if the color is so inaccurate that it throws me off, I can buy one myself. It was still really sweet of her to buy it for me as a late Christmas present.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:13 AM   #109
prettygraffiti
how unpleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
(Sorry for the long post but I hope it's useful to people looking for Mirai wigs)

hf920's whole store on eBay is shut down for Chinese New Year right now, but if you have time once it's back up, I'd recommend it from there. I was going to get my wig there before realizing they shut down, as one of my friends bought hers from them and it looked great (even though it's pretty strictly orange).

Here's a few from sellers that friends have recommended me or that have good reviews in general. They also have some differences in color/style so you can have a variety of choices. Keep in mind a lot of them are closed for CNY and probably won't restock/ship anything until the 10th or so:
Charissa-Kids
Wigfashion and Cosplaywigstore (I'm fairly sure these are run by the same company, but it looks like the wigs have slight variations so it doesn't hurt to put them both)
Lucaille
and Wig-Supplier/L-Email (You can bundle the wig and glasses together really cheaply here too)
...I've looked into a lot of wig suppliers so I don't have to spend a long time looking, in case you can't tell.

My girlfriend bought mine from a different seller...I think they look kinda sketchy and I've no idea what it'll look like as they only use cosplayer photos, but apparently she uses them often, so we'll see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys updated when I actually get it. My main concern is if it'll be big enough and long enough for my stupid melon head :T
I suppose if it doesn't fit or if the color is so inaccurate that it throws me off, I can buy one myself. It was still really sweet of her to buy it for me as a late Christmas present.

Thank you so much for all your help! I really appreciate it!
prettygraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #110
TheNightingale
Extraordinarily Ordinary.

I've been in a debate over rather or not I wanna go with a more pinkish wig or tannish. It seems to be that a lot of people use the more pinkish ones, but certain pictures of Mirai seem more tannish. #foreverconflicted

Time for some thrilling heroics.
TheNightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 01:42 AM   #111
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightingale View Post
I got my Mirai glasses in the mail the other day but they are completely the wrong shape. ;-; Someone wanna help me find ones closer to the actual shape? I already checked Zenni and everything.

Attachment 41396
Those actually look pretty perfect
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #112
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I got my Mirai wig today and it is quite literally perfect. Link
It's not COMPLETELY accurate to the pictures (obviously, as they only used cosplayer pictures) but it's amazing - better than the pictures, even. It's orange without any pink mixed in, but can still look pink in cooler lightings. It's really, REALLY nicely styled; the ahoge is perfect upon arrival, and all you really have to do is cut the bangs. And for what I was worried about, my head is huge by Chinese wig standards but it stretched enough to fit me perfectly.
My only warnings are that it's REALLY poofy (it's not going to stick to your head like normal hair, but it isn't so much that it looks gaudy..you just have to brush it down) and that in some lightings it can be shiny - like all wigs, though. It looks gorgeous outside of when flash is used or there is extremely bright lighting.
GO AND BUY THE WIG. It's seriously one of the best I've seen out of all of the Mirai cosplayers I've seen. ;w;
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #113
mitsuhideakechi

Hello, Spotted this thread and thought I'd pop in and ask if anyone has found a good method for making her blood sword. I've been asked by a friend to make the sword and I want to get as close to correct as possible.
The best idea I've seen so far is to glue layers of acrylic sheeting together (either clear with red paint or transparent red). My problem with this idea is that I can't seem to find any acrylic sheets in a size that makes sense (they all seem to be either 12"x12" or 4'x8').

They want to have this done by sakuracon 2014, so I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out a functional idea.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide =)

added point:
does anyone know what style of jacket Miroku fujima wears? I might cosplay him at sakuracon if I can get the jacket.

Cosplays

Lockon Stratos- 100%

Irvine Kinease- 50%

Sharnid Elipton- 0%

Last edited by mitsuhideakechi : 03-13-2014 at 05:15 AM. Reason: avoid double post
mitsuhideakechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #114
mitsuhideakechi

Going to throw a link to the gallery I'm making for the moment with my progress photos on the blood sword. I'll try to make some sort of how I did it later.
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/242274/

Cosplays

Lockon Stratos- 100%

Irvine Kinease- 50%

Sharnid Elipton- 0%
mitsuhideakechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #115
Deru-Wisper

I just finished watching the series today. Tonight I found out that my friends are already planning to be Mitsuki, Akihito, and Mirai, so of course I jumped in and volunteered to be Hiromi. I already have a wig that will be perfect with a little trimming, and I also already have pants and shoes to use with just a little altering. Not sure what I'm going to do for the scarf, but I think I have the rest of the cosplay planned out.
I might eventually do his idol outfit too, since it seems pretty simple!

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Anime Expo '15
_______
Completed:
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica
Tsubomi Kido - Mekakucity Actors
Annie Leonhardt - Attack on Titan
Dirk Strider (Godtier and Headless) - Homestuck
_______
In Progress:
Samekichi- Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea (20%)
(Genderbent) Ren - DRAMAtical Murder (10%)
Synchronicity Len - Vocaloid (20%)
_______
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #116
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3502808/

I think this thread needs massive reviving..Come on people let's talk about this series again. I've seen enough cosplays around to know you're still there!! lol

Anyway, I finally started on something that I'm going to finish from this..I decided, since Mirai wears a jacket (well cardigan..whatever) it helps hide the waistline..I'm not in shape and never thought I'd look good in a uniform..The perfect way is to hide it..lol I'm glad Mirai is one of them that does..So I started making her sword. I can't work with plastic fso I decided cardboard..I literally started earlier tonight..Took about 30 minutes to get it like it is in that wip picture linked above lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #117
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Alright, I'll bite again too.
I finally uploaded our KnK shooting pics~
I love our group a lot. (´• ω •`) ♡
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #118
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Alright, I'll bite again too.
I finally uploaded our KnK shooting pics~
I love our group a lot. (´• ω •`) ♡
Those are great!!

Also does anyone know where I can get a cardigan like Mirai's in a plus size? The only ones I am finding are like, tiny..I can't believe china calls a large something so small..Like I believe the biggest ones I found were for a waist of like 30 inches tops..and that was like what they call a 2XL for some reason..That's completely ridiculous....
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #119
Eldi
Sneak thief

I really want to cosplay Mirai, ive already committed to too many costumes at once though so im trying to just buy the main part of her uniform, haha. I think the sword will be fun to make and give me the kind of prop practice I need right now! I also get to wear glasses, so no dry contact eyes! I've seen a few close styles on coastal.com, but I'd need to paint them. I'm waffling on my wig choice, I want to buy from Arda but I'm torn between a few colors... now may be the time to buy a color ring
Spellthief Lux- League of Legends

Cosplays in Progress:
Alice in Wonderland (Halloween!)
Rose Quartz- Steven Universe
Elin Sorcerer- Tera Rising
Eldi is online now   Reply With Quote