Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Rarui

Very stressed and upset.

I ordered a costume (Lucky Star) that's used and coming from New York. I live in Delaware. Anyway, the shipping was/is USPS priority mail. The seller didn't provide a tracking number, but I thought it'd be fine since it'd be coming in less than 4 days anyway. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday and today it didn't come either. If it doesn't arrive, I'll be so upset because I already have the wig. I also have a concussion so I'm in a shitty mood. I'm sorry for ranting, but I'm so pissed because there'd be no way to order a new one in time for Halloween, and I have a mini-con I'm going to tomorrow, and I won't have my cosplay.
Rarui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

Can you contact the seller regarding the lack of tracking number?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Rarui

My mom contacted them, and there was no reply I suppose so she filed a claim. It's her ebay account. The person had good reviews for their other second hand cosplays, so I don't believe it's their fault. I wish I could order one and get the super fast shipping, but I can't pay more than $40 since it's my own money, and I'm 13. I'm out of the money anyway because of the costume I ordered that never arrived.
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear it. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you. *hug*

As far as a costume, don't give up! You still have a day to go; you can still pull something together. It may not be exact, but it will at least look good. Are you near thrift stores where you can run over and rummage through their things and find similar pieces? Do you have friends you can call and borrow things from their closets? Heck, are you and you Mom close enough in size you can borrow things of hers? Try those suggestions, and see what happens. Good luck!

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Dreamerwolf

That stinks!! I've been there, so I understand how upsetting it is. I've ordered things on ebay, not had the person provide the tracking, never got the item, then tried to file a claim but lost because the seller HAD a tracking number but never gave it to me so I could track it. There's probably no way to track down the package days after it 'arrived', not like if you'd had the tracking number, saw it arrived and immediately called your post office. So, sorry it happened.
-Doctor Who: Femme 11
-'Furry' Tardis, as a cat

Possible Future
-Femme 11 (7b - Purple coat)
-Rose, New Earth
-Femme 4
Dreamerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Rarui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Sabyne View Post
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear it. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you. *hug*

As far as a costume, don't give up! You still have a day to go; you can still pull something together. It may not be exact, but it will at least look good. Are you near thrift stores where you can run over and rummage through their things and find similar pieces? Do you have friends you can call and borrow things from their closets? Heck, are you and you Mom close enough in size you can borrow things of hers? Try those suggestions, and see what happens. Good luck!
Thanks! My sister sews, so I might be able to get to do it for me, but she's really lazy and already declined doing it when I asked her to last month. Do you think it'd be hard to find something for sailor fuku at thrift shop? This is my first real cosplay, so I'm not good at this, heh.
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
Rarui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamerwolf View Post
That stinks!! I've been there, so I understand how upsetting it is. I've ordered things on ebay, not had the person provide the tracking, never got the item, then tried to file a claim but lost because the seller HAD a tracking number but never gave it to me so I could track it. There's probably no way to track down the package days after it 'arrived', not like if you'd had the tracking number, saw it arrived and immediately called your post office. So, sorry it happened.

Now I'm scared that we'll lose the claim and my money. Hopefully, the seller will be understanding. I'll look into what happened more as well
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
BiohazardBeauty
OscuroLupo

I have had that happen once to me. It came very late when I needed it for a photo shoot and instead, had to wait an extra week. And at the time that was my only income. I know how you feel sweetie. Do you have any other costumes that you can wear, or like the other person said, thrift shops?
BiohazardBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
Rarui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiohazardBeauty View Post
I have had that happen once to me. It came very late when I needed it for a photo shoot and instead, had to wait an extra week. And at the time that was my only income. I know how you feel sweetie. Do you have any other costumes that you can wear, or like the other person said, thrift shops?

If it doesn't come in time, my friend has a Haruhi costume. She did cosplay Haruhi at the cafe she worked at:

http://static.zerochan.net/Izumi.Konata.full.532466.jpg

I just would like to have the uniform, but I could always order it after Halloween. I'm just scared that my money and uniform will be lost. My wig got here from China before the actual costume.
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

It can't hurt to look. And even if you don't get it perfectly, match as closely as possible and people will get the idea. Looking at Lucky Star school uniforms, I would say try for a longer skirt in the color you want, cut the length to your preference, then use the remnants for the cuffs and the collar. (You can always pin the collar on if you don't want to stitch it to the blouse.) The white stripes can be thin white ribbon just straight-stitched onto the fabric. Maybe ask your sis if she can help with minor alterations if you find anything.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
Rarui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Sabyne View Post
It can't hurt to look. And even if you don't get it perfectly, match as closely as possible and people will get the idea. Looking at Lucky Star school uniforms, I would say try for a longer skirt in the color you want, cut the length to your preference, then use the remnants for the cuffs and the collar. (You can always pin the collar on if you don't want to stitch it to the blouse.) The white stripes can be thin white ribbon just straight-stitched onto the fabric. Maybe ask your sis if she can help with minor alterations if you find anything.
Oooh, that might work. Thank you!
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Good luck with everything. If need be, imagine Ran here cheering you on.

ETA: Oh yeah! One more tip. If the thrift store doesn't pan out and you're near a Jo-Ann's or other fabric shop, ask your mom if she would be willing to help you buy a couple learn to sew patterns. They make them for all different clothing pieces; with the right fabric you could probably pull an outfit together in a few hours (assuming it's not a terribly-written pattern).

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

Last edited by Angelic_Sabyne : 10-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 10-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
thelovelysin
Informant

There's the chance that maybe the package was lost by USPS or it was stolen off your doorstep (this has happened to me before). If the package was insured, which it should be if it was shipped priority, then you can ask the seller to file a domestic claim to USPS (this has to be done 21 days AFTER it was mailed). If they do that USPS will send a check to the sender so they can refund you the money you lost.
thelovelysin is offline   Reply With Quote