Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 06-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #31
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

WAIT I think I saw you at Colossal!! It was from pretty far away but I was all "Oooooh *-*" looking at you from afar. Your Pearl is so pretty, I can only hope I do her as much justice as you did when I finally get around to that cosplay. <333

Also DANG, that new ep!
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #32
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

AAA! Thank you!!! >__< I had a lot of fun wearing her at Colossal (and just fun at Colossal in general, omg. It was my first time there and THAT WATERPARK <3)!

That new ep made me cry oh gosh

Next Con: MTAC
Kylo Ren | Rhys | Honey | Ichimatsu

2016 Cons
MTAC | Colossalcon | SDCC | Akaicon | San Japan

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #33
CardinalWinter

Hi everyone! I really want to cosplay Connie in her sworn to the sword outfit with Rose's Sword, but I have a kind of awkward question. I'm Hispanic and I have light/medium skin, like enough that you know I'm not white but I'm still not as dark skinned as she is. Picture Stevonnie's skin tone and that's more or less me. Do you think people would be mad at me for "whitewashing" Connie if I cosplayed her? I think I'm just being self conscious but I want to make sure.
Unread 06-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
Sweet Ashori

Hello, fellow SU fans! ^^
I recently finished my Pearl cosplay. I'm doing her post-regen outfit. I can't wait to debut her at Anime Midwest this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalWinter View Post
Hi everyone! I really want to cosplay Connie in her sworn to the sword outfit with Rose's Sword, but I have a kind of awkward question. I'm Hispanic and I have light/medium skin, like enough that you know I'm not white but I'm still not as dark skinned as she is. Picture Stevonnie's skin tone and that's more or less me. Do you think people would be mad at me for "whitewashing" Connie if I cosplayed her? I think I'm just being self conscious but I want to make sure.
Cosplay who you want to! I don't think you'd be "whitewashing" her. Even if you get some complaints, brush it off. There's nothing wrong with doing whatever characters you want; it's cosplay. It's meant to be fun.

I'm on tumblr and follow the crystalgemcosplay blog on there. I've seen several cosplayers doing Connie and Stevonnie that are of many different ethnicities. Same with all other SU characters. Just focus on having fun more than what others may think about you being Connie.

Cosplays in Progress:
Zeira (Fairy Tail Zero) | Kunzite (Steven Universe OC) | Loke-themed Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)

Future/Hopeful Cosplays:
Sarada Uchiha (Naruto) | Princess Sakura (Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations)
Sweet Ashori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #35
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Hello all! It's been a while since I've worked on a cosplay, but I plan on being Amethyst with my friend as Pearl!

Has anyone figured out the proper purple for Amethyst body paint?

I think I'm going to add a few wefts to one of Arda's wigs for her because her hair is so full and luscious. I definitely don't see her hair being completely white so I think I'll tint a white wig a little purple.

But what I really look forward to is making her whip >.> (and eventually sugilite!)
Unread 06-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #36
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

OMG GUYS. RAINBOW QUARTZ!!!

I've already bought 80% of the stuff to cosplay her, haha. I can't wait to style her wig, I'm SO EXCITED!!

2016 Cons

Unread 06-20-2015, 07:16 PM   #37
Wobniar
Whooosh!!

I really want to cosplay as someone from Steven Universe but I'm currently stuck between Peridot and Jasper (Probably Peridot though, because I'm not a big buff cheeto puff hahah)

Quote:
OMG GUYS. RAINBOW QUARTZ!!!

I've already bought 80% of the stuff to cosplay her, haha. I can't wait to style her wig, I'm SO EXCITED!!
Oohh! Can't wait to see that! Good luck with that crazy wig xD

Upcoming cons:
Anime LA 2017
Future Cosplays:
Happy Mask Salesman (Zelda)
Guzma (Pokemon Sun/Moon)
Wobniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #38
Alushia

Aagghh, Steven Universe is such a wonderful show. I'm really excited to see so many people plotting cosplays for it! Definitely looking forward to more pictures : D
Alushia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #39
Scunosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Hello all! It's been a while since I've worked on a cosplay, but I plan on being Amethyst with my friend as Pearl!

Has anyone figured out the proper purple for Amethyst body paint?

I think I'm going to add a few wefts to one of Arda's wigs for her because her hair is so full and luscious. I definitely don't see her hair being completely white so I think I'll tint a white wig a little purple.

But what I really look forward to is making her whip >.> (and eventually sugilite!)
I'm not sure if I'd call my cosplay of her perfect, but I did put a lot of work into picking the closest shade of body paint I could find. You can see how it turned out in my gallery. I ultimately went with Ruby Red's Pearl Lilac after spending some time eyedropping screenshots and swatches. I think the Pearl may denote that it's got some sparkle though as it did seem to have a little bit of glitter to it and not all of their colors say "Pearl", but maybe it was just from someone else's cosplay.

It was easy to apply even to a newbie like me since it was just basic water-activated cake makeup. Held well enough with Ben Nye's Final Seal but did rub off from high-friction areas like elbows and hand, I did do a few touch-ups throughout the day. Next time I bring Amethyst out I'm looking at doing a body suit and just using my leftover paint for my face. By the way, I bought 2 of those packs of it and only used maybe one-half to a third of one, so you don't need much to cover your face, arms, upper torso, and knees. And that was for 2 days.

For the wig I also don't view it as totally white. I had no experience with wigs though so rather than dealing with dying I just used this one. Now that I have a tiny bit more experience I'd love to add stuff to it to make it poofier (whereas what I did to it just made it rattier) so I may have to look into how to add wefts.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #40
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I want to cosplay gem version of centipeetle after looking at all the form of her that people have done I noticed that fur and a body suit seems like the most popular look for her. I am I better off getting black and green fabric to try and make it or am I better off just doing it in black the doing body paint in the area that are green? (arms and legs.

So I've been digging around and I can't really find any good patterns that I could use and what would be the best way for doing the fur?

Also new to the body paint aspect of it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_inline_noq6gyxA4t1rgf02y_500.jpg (71.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png tumblr_inline_nqjc96GzT11qhzclj_540.png (112.7 KB, 0 views)

*Con list*
AWA - 2015
Momo Con - 2015
Dragon*Con - 2015

Last edited by Lycoris Ousa : 07-15-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #41
Scunosi

Sewing spandex/lycra to make your own bodysuit seems difficult from what I've heard, since the fabric is stretchy and you would need either a specialized machine or stitch. If your confident that would be the best way to do it though because I've also heard that painting lycra can be just as hard, with the results usually not being what you want. If you do end up painting it though you should really start with green and paint on the black though. Someone a while ago was trying to paint green on black and it looked terrible as it just needed too much paint to overcome the black.

As for body paint, I worry paint under such a tight suit would get rubbed off really quickly. Unless you go with the fancy stuff (I've heard PAX is very durable) it'll get worn off quickly, turning your skin un-green and your black suit greenish. Also doing practically your full body would take a ton of time in the morning. If it wouldn't make things too hot, I would suggest doing a full green bodysuit for a base, then putting a cut-up black suit on top. You could even stitch the two together at the cut-outs to prevent them from sliding around, but at that point you're practically sewing your own body suit so I'm not sure if you'd want to go that route. I just really don't recommend full-body body painting after the taste of it I got with Amethyst.

As for the fur, whether you make it yourself or just buy a suit I imagine it'd be easy enough to sew it on yourself. Or you could make them as separate anklets/bracelets and collar if that would be easier to keep it separate, and maybe make the suit easier to wash without having fur attached.

You can find tons of performance patterns here. You may want to check out the Sewing forum for more information and similar threads, I know there's tons about body suits and working with spandex.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #42
Galaxithea
All Cosplay & No Coswork

Hello SU fans! I recently decided to take up cosplaying and wanted to start off with a Peridot cosplay. I have no idea how difficult cosplaying is so I need to know if this project is too ambitious. I decided to start with the legs but I don't know how to make them. I'm thinking either cardboard in a cone shape or paper mâché over chicken wire, but I don't know what to cover them with for color. Any ideas?

p.s. how do you armsock

Last edited by Galaxithea : 07-29-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Rewording
Galaxithea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #43
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

^ I've seen a lot of people make Peridot's arms and legs with craft foam! It's super easy to shape, it's lightweight, and it's got a smooth surface. So that's my immediate suggestion. :>

For arm socks, just google "homestuck arm sock tutorial" and I bet it'll be in the first few results!

2016 Cons

Unread 07-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #44
DrTights

Love this show! And love your guys cosplay!

Looking to do jasper next year. What would you recommend for body paint and sealer? Any tips for the wig?
DrTights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2015, 11:42 AM   #45
xIkuna

Hey guys! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for Vidalia's wig/hair? The point is throwing me off =/

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote