Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Buying my first lolita dress (finally )

SO I am finally buying my first dress. it has been a long road but It's been on my mind for too many years. Finding a dress that was both something I'd pay and something I like was difficult. Ii don't get chances to wear things like this outside of My Anime cons which I seem to always end up working at. i don't like the idea of an expensive dress hanging out in my closet all year.

I ended up finding L510 this dress from bodyline It is simple and can be styled in a few different ways. So I felt is was at least versatile enough .

So really my question is what do other people think of this particular dress.
And most of all, since i've never bought a dress or clothing online before, Is what I see in this picture from Bodyline what I will get in the mail? the Dress, underskirt, AND shirt?? where is lists the weight is only show the JSK. But each dress has a matching underskirt in the pictures. It's confusing >_<; So I thought the underskirt was connected or came with it. I can see the shirt not being part of it ..

This dress called chocoberry in beige is one I really want but costs too much for me.

I'm always open to suggestions. I've looked into a few places where people re-sell theirs but ... that did not turn out well I'll just say that.

[ links are fixed excuse me >_<;]
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Some vocaloid >_<;
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Neko ninja ?
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again

Last edited by solstis : 11-07-2013 at 01:15 PM.
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

To directly answer what you will get..You will ONLY get the JSK. You don't get anything else. Take the blouse, leggings and shoes, and that's what you get. The "underskirt" is more then likely a part of the dress rather then a separate piece. It looks like that at least since the other pics show that under one changing to match the different color options, while the blouse is exactly the same. Leading me to assume that the "under skirt" is attached at the waist of the JSK making it one piece. But yea, you need to buy a separate blouse. Honestly, you don't need a name brand blouse or anything..I've seen some thrift store bloses that are pretty much the same thing..Just look for something that looks fancy-ish and you should be fine..However, you may wanna think about getting a petticoat too, I'm not sure how much you know about this stuff, but that dress more then likely won't have that shape without one.

AS for what I think..I think it looks very nice. Too bad you couldn't afford the one you really wanted, but I think this one is very nice too.

Have you tried the EGL boards? A lot of people on there are selling off their old ones.
http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com/

It's a little hard to go through, but I've seen some really nice stuff there, just do your research on their feedback to make sure they are legit users (there ARE some that are bad).
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

As JasonTerror mentioned, it will only come with the JSK unless otherwise noted. As for what it looks like worn...(They don't always do well with their modeling) I'd check out this blog; http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/ She generally has each Bodyline dress tagged by its' number and can answer any other questions you may have about it.

If you're looking for other options, I would recommend the Lolita Sales Group in English on Facebook. I'm assuming you've already gotten your petticoat...but if you have not, I would have to say do not use Bodyline.

I hope this helps some.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I already have a few shirts that can be worn with this already. It's just hard to tell the way the site pictures things. If I was worried about brand I would be looking at Bodyline >_<;; it's not 'afford' it's 'won't pay for'

Not to open up this can of worms again but I'm not falling over myself to get a petti. I'll find out when I actually get it what I can do with it.

As for the communities mentioned I tried ones like that, It was a terrible experience. I've never been treated so rudely by other people online in my life.
Thanks for the other link I'm going to poke around there for a bit too.
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "

Thursday Peach Maki
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh as far as the link you were given to the tumblr page..Be sure to read all of her tags before actually asking her anything..If you ask her something that's tagged, shew will just tell you to look there..Just letting you know so you don't waste time sending her a long message or something just to be told to "look at the tags"..That's the one thing I don't like about the way she runs it..A lot of people tumblr on their phones so it's basically impossible to look at her specific tags that way..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

For any one wondering about shipping who might look at this later:

I ordered my dress on NOV 11th it got it's tracking and was sent out on NOV 13th
it didn't leave japan until NOV 17th, I'm on the East Coast on the USA so it got to NYC on NOV 24th where is seemed to sit around with no updates until today DEC 5 when it updated 3 times showing it arriving, sorting and out for delivery. Where when I could hear the Mail man on my street AS I was checking it's status.

Bodyline sent me the tracking number and a link to JAPANS tracking but did not tell me I could track it through USPS :< so I'm letting you know because on the USPS site you can have it email you every time there is an update!

About the Dress:
I got Bodyline's L510 in beige
Well... it is practically yellow ... it is darker than in the image shown. But still a nice dress.
Other wise it is a terribly comfortable dress :3 I took the waist ties off, there is certainly interfacing in them. The shoulder straps adjust with a button O_O This was an idea I was playing with as I was finishing up my current sewing, so I was surprised.
Of course my Mom had to know what I was so excited about and I showed her and put it on and ........ she said I looked 10 my Dad said 12 >_<; well thats normal. Good thing it wasn't a Sweet Lolita dress :/ Though then she said I should get a different hobby ._.; No, I just need an accepting Lolita community in my area. Then I could get the best use out of my dresses.

Thursday Peach Maki
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter