Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

@xokatel: I definitely want to get a hold of one of your ribbons! My team would be interesting to mimic the voices of considering they aren't really of the 'cute sounding' variety xD Keep one for me!

I as well as a few people in my cosplay group plan on making ribbons too. I personally want to make a ribbon specifically for Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) so obviously its gonna be a joke ribbon. I have yet to come up with a way to obtain said ribbon, so maybe you guys could give me fun ideas. I will have about 100 that say "But Heichou!?" dedicated to our fearless small ravioli man Levi lol. And no, you don't have to be cosplaying from SnK to get this.

Another in my group is going to have the ribbon "Imposter!" for anyone who cosplays from the same series/character as us (which would be harder to obtain) so we may come up with an easier way to get that one. Our group has a few more ideas, so I'll shoot them this way once we update

I will be cosplaying all 3 days. My list in is my signature, but as of right now I have no specific days I will be doing what sadly. I'll get back to you on that soon! :P

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Korra: Legend of Korra book 2
Armin: Attack on Titan (SnK)
Blake Belladona: RWBY
Matoi Ryuko: Kill la Kill
Aoba Seragaki: DRAMAtical Murder
Sailor Flame Princess: Sailor Moon/Adventure time crossover
Nagisa/Fem!Nagisa: Free!

Ayame Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #17
xokatel
SasuNaruSasu is LOVE

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame Uchiha View Post
@xokatel: I definitely want to get a hold of one of your ribbons! My team would be interesting to mimic the voices of considering they aren't really of the 'cute sounding' variety xD Keep one for me!

I as well as a few people in my cosplay group plan on making ribbons too. I personally want to make a ribbon specifically for Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) so obviously its gonna be a joke ribbon. I have yet to come up with a way to obtain said ribbon, so maybe you guys could give me fun ideas. I will have about 100 that say "But Heichou!?" dedicated to our fearless small ravioli man Levi lol. And no, you don't have to be cosplaying from SnK to get this.

Another in my group is going to have the ribbon "Imposter!" for anyone who cosplays from the same series/character as us (which would be harder to obtain) so we may come up with an easier way to get that one. Our group has a few more ideas, so I'll shoot them this way once we update

I will be cosplaying all 3 days. My list in is my signature, but as of right now I have no specific days I will be doing what sadly. I'll get back to you on that soon! :P
Alright then I'll try to keep one aside for you. Awesome I love Attack on Titan and would love to get one of those ribbons they sound pretty intteresting.
xokatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #18
Skullflame

Just got my ribbons in the mail~

I'll have a Attack on Titan themed ribbon, "TITAN ATTACK SURVIVOR", and I'll be a Colossal Titan with Wall Maria for up to all 3-Days (unsure if I'll be attending all the days). You don't have to be in Attack on Titan cosplayer to obtain one, but if you don't, you'll have to do something in order to earn one

Last edited by Skullflame : 12-07-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Skullflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
]-Katsu-[

I'll be passing out some ribbons as well during ALA. I have 2 Attack on Titan themed ribbons and a RWBY one.

Picture: https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...17944220_n.jpg
]-Katsu-[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

@Katsu: I totally want to get my hands on that RWBY one haha. Is there anything specific we have to do to get one?

Edit: So I have finalized my ribbons! They are still Attack on Titan themed. The ribbon is called "Survey Corpse" I will be mainly handing these out when I'm cosplaying either Armin or Mikasa on day 1 along with my group. But if they seem popular, I can keep handing them out on different days. We will have 100 total.

All you have to do is find me or people in my group and do this. Do the saluting pose and tell us you want to join the survey corps. (yelling would be more entertaining lol) We will then ask you why. Then its up to you to come up with a reason as to why you'd like to join us. It can be a serious or funny story. But we'd prefer creative fun ones And no, you don't have to cosplay from AoT to get this ribbon, its just preferred ^^

Edit: Here's the ribbon design!
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps5a0f166b.jpg

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Korra: Legend of Korra book 2
Armin: Attack on Titan (SnK)
Blake Belladona: RWBY
Matoi Ryuko: Kill la Kill
Aoba Seragaki: DRAMAtical Murder
Sailor Flame Princess: Sailor Moon/Adventure time crossover
Nagisa/Fem!Nagisa: Free!

Last edited by Ayame Uchiha : 12-20-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Ayame Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #21
Jubei-chan
Bon Bons Not Included

Love this thread! You may also find the staff ALA Fairy Godfathers handing out "Pixie Dust" ribbons. These are random time and place giveaways. We have lots, so chances are good that you'll score one! ^_^ We ask that you name 3 pixie/fairies for a ribbon. Please be sure to tell us how you are enjoying your time at the con too.

Also ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Bishounen View Post
- A couple of the ALA staffers (Jubei-chan and Matt^2) were giving out ribbons the past couple years if you could answer Tolkien trivia. One of them had Lord of the Rings, and the other had The Hobbit. (Fair warning: their questions are INTENSE.)
Yes, I have Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit ribbons. Prerequisite is you must have read either book you are ribbon questing for. Then answer a book based trivia question. Since they are rather difficult, Matt^2 & I will give you a few chances. Hope it inspires people to read the books (again)! Sorry, I don't have a set costume list to use to ID me. I'm an ALA Fairy Godfather, so if I hand you a Pixie Dust ask for Tolkien too.

Delicioso Chanclas
Jubei-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
ShiroKanade
Yay Life Fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei-chan View Post
Love this thread! You may also find the staff ALA Fairy Godfathers handing out "Pixie Dust" ribbons. These are random time and place giveaways. We have lots, so chances are good that you'll score one! ^_^ We ask that you name 3 pixie/fairies for a ribbon. Please be sure to tell us how you are enjoying your time at the con too.

Also ...

Yes, I have Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit ribbons. Prerequisite is you must have read either book you are ribbon questing for. Then answer a book based trivia question. Since they are rather difficult, Matt^2 & I will give you a few chances. Hope it inspires people to read the books (again)! Sorry, I don't have a set costume list to use to ID me. I'm an ALA Fairy Godfather, so if I hand you a Pixie Dust ask for Tolkien too.
Oh, pixie/fairies will be easy.

But LOTR from books?

Ugh I have to reread them now D:

Anime Expo 2014

SNSD Morgana (Fan Art based)
Harime Nui
Load Galax
Kuriyama Mirai - Big maybe

Otakon 2014

Harime Nui
Load Galax
Kuriyama Mirai
ShiroKanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
MagicianCelemis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei-chan View Post
Thank you so much for appreciating my work!! I firmly believe ALA should arrange a formal "ribbon forum", because as a 2nd-year ALA con-goer I still don't know much about what ALA has to offer! You can thank Evil Bishounen for being ever so patience with me for my ignorance.

I'll add you to the list as well~
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
MagicianCelemis

Update 12/9/2013

All users that commented PRIOR to this post have been added/updated to the Ribbon List! Thank you!

More recommendations are welcome!
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
ZackPuppy
Embrace your dreams

Hey there! I'll be passing out ribbons on Day 1 as Chie Satonaka from Persona 4 c: In order to get my ribbon, you have to ask me "Chie, do you know any words that start with the letter f?" to get the Fsteak ribbon from me c:

Here's what it'll look like: https://24.media.tumblr.com/6c03b381...lu7eo1_500.jpg
Flynn Scifo - Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ (ALA 2015)
Richard Windor - Tales of Graces f (AX 2015)

Last edited by ZackPuppy : 12-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.
ZackPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #26
Maru-sha
t'is only a scratch!

psssst~!!
I'm the one giving the "I signed the Yaoi Flag" ribbons.

Anime LA 2014
Naka Kon 2014
Anime Detour 2014
Nebraskon 2014

Current cosplay builds:

HetaStuck - Tumblr
In Process.
Amethyst - Steven Universe
In process.
Maru-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #27
Maru-sha
t'is only a scratch!

Also, how would you all feel about blank ribbons?
Like solid white ribbons?
I plan to give them out and people can doodle chibis on them or make their own little saying, as long as its family friendly.
I'll even bring markers~!

Anime LA 2014
Naka Kon 2014
Anime Detour 2014
Nebraskon 2014

Current cosplay builds:

HetaStuck - Tumblr
In Process.
Amethyst - Steven Universe
In process.
Maru-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
Fashwiing
picks on blond bartenders

I'll have three ribbons this year!

The first is a LET'S GO GOKAIGER ribbon and I'm not sure what people will have to do to get that, but I'll be giving those out to people as Ahim de Famille from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

The second is a WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE ribbon that's also Gokaiger-related, but you have to be cosplaying from Gokaiger to get that one.

The third is a TEAM GAIM ribbon to show support for Kamen Rider Gaim! I'll be handing that out all weekend whenever I'm wearing my Team Gaim outfit, and you'll be able to spot me 'cause I'll be wearing a blue hoodie with a big woodblock print of a samurai in orange armor on the back. You have to dance for this one, so make it showy! I reserve the right to turn away people who don't dance hard enough (and Gangnam Style won't count at all).

Cons I plan on attending:
Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Am I the only one who thinks just living is sad?
Fashwiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #29
MagicianCelemis

Update 12/14/2013

All users that commented PRIOR to this post have been added/updated to the Ribbon List! Thank you!

More recommendations are welcome!
Unread 12-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #30
MagicianCelemis

Lightbulb Bump 2013 Yo

I JUST ordered my ribbons for ALA 2014, can't wait to give them all away!!
I will be giving out 2 types of ribbons, so stay tuned for more info~

More ribbon recommendations are appreciated!