Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:45 AM   #1
YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
bottom of the bottle

The new music for ACen - SID?

So, I've just looked at the ACen website, and checked the updates..The new band is SID, and I listened to the sample MP3's and they don't sound that bad..any comments?
Quote:
SID
YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #2
Alexeil
protected by vampires

They sound and look cool to me! I'd never heard of them before Acen announced them, but I'm looking forward to being introduced to a new band! Some people are dissapointed they didn't get Psycho le Cemu like PMX and Akon, but I'm not. I think seeing a new and different band is more exciting. I'm wondering how the VIP seating and private parties are gonna work. I hope they're not too expensive! Here's the band's official English website for anyone looking for more info on them http://sid.gn.to/english/index.html
Alexeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
Mara

Never heard of them before today, but the mp3 clips sound pretty good. I'm a little jealous that they aren't having Psycho le Cemu, but SID will probably be a more relaxed atmosphere for ACen, since they aren't as well known. I will surely be there!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:20 PM   #4
XJhideSB

SID reminds me a lot of Duel Jewel. Nobody in the world has heard of them, then they come to America and become extremely popular with the J-Rock fandom. I'm not saying that SID won't be good, but this is just what it seems like.
XJhideSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 01:27 AM   #5
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Hehe....I was only ~hoping~ PLC might suddenly show up, since they were "replacing" Miyavi elsewhere. There really was nothing to justify that hope tho which is why I didn't mention it around here.

Yeah, so no one's heard of SID. Not a bad thing, and can be something to look forward to. Attractive Japanese guys in make-up with at least some musical ability = always a plus. ^_- They will be welcomed I bet, but we just can't really interact with them because they don't have much to know about yet. They don't make ACen a destination that -has- to be attended (a la PMX where many people around here are dropping everything on an impromptu crusade to get to) but they will be well-received I hope for people that are coming to ACen anyway.

I think this may become a trend, the "Duel Jewel" factor: 'If you can make it at an American con, you get to be a real band in your own country.' Something like that. We do need music though, and lots of it, something besides just anime themes - we need much more variety considering ACen is the only major con in the area.

Well, at least it isn't *just* SWEK on a double billing, right? ^_^; Personally, at the rate things have been going, I was worried.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #6
99Machsoul
A Pink Bunny Is My Friend

Never heard of 'em before (like that's a new response) but I like what I heard from the audio clips. Wished there was more. I'm glad they found somebody else. Hope I can make it to the concert this year.