Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 11-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
aeternus_flamma

Huntress Fabric Choice

Hi there!

I have recently decided to look into doing a DC Huntress cosplay. I am looking at numbers 4 and 5 of this picture for reference.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/WIP-1-Huntress-204243124

What material would you suggest? Has anyone made something like this? I get warm very easily, but I do not know if I want to show that much skin, as I am very self conscious. I can figure out a seperate material for the cape, it's really the bodice/leggings that I need material help on! I have experience with almost all walks of material, so challenge level is not a problem. I simply do not know what to choose!

Thank you!

A.F
aeternus_flamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
PikaPandaPan

Personally, I like more matte fabrics for bodysuit since it's more flattening to the body.
I would use something like black matte lyrca cotton for Huntress. You can find this fabric on places like spandexworld.com or spandexhouse.com.
If you need a pattern for a bodysuit, I used Kwik Sew 3052

I made my Batgirl cosplay with 4-way stretch leather, it looks amazing but it was really hot and uncomfortable. I would also avoid PVC material because that material doesn't allow your body to breathe and it's VERY shiny (if you like shiny bodysuits)

*In Process/Done*
Touko/Hilda/White from Pokemon [100%] Sukoshi-Con 2013
Batgirl (Baraba Gordon) from DCU [100%] Fandom Fest 2013
Marceline from Adventure Time [75%]
Zatanna from DCU [50%]
Toph from A:TLA [20%]

PikaPandaPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
aeternus_flamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaPandaPan View Post
Personally, I like more matte fabrics for bodysuit since it's more flattening to the body.
I would use something like black matte lyrca cotton for Huntress. You can find this fabric on places like spandexworld.com or spandexhouse.com.
If you need a pattern for a bodysuit, I used Kwik Sew 3052

I made my Batgirl cosplay with 4-way stretch leather, it looks amazing but it was really hot and uncomfortable. I would also avoid PVC material because that material doesn't allow your body to breathe and it's VERY shiny (if you like shiny bodysuits)

Ah, wonderful, thank you!! I am so glad to have someone's experience lending to this! I think I would definitely prefer the matte look as well, since I tend to relate the shiny spandex to dance uniforms! I'm glad you warned me of the leather. I think if I went that route, I would definitely be taking the cosplay off after just a short time. I will look more into the lyrca!
aeternus_flamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
KatTehninja

Lycra is good, I agree. Also, if you're looking for something thicker, moleskin also comes matte and is great for bodysuits!
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote