Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-15-2004, 09:22 AM   #1
Gale
All the world's a stage

Firefly cosplay

Kari G. and I talked about this a while ago, but I was thinking about cosplaying some characters from the show Firefly. more specifically, Kaylee (the ship's mechanic). I was thinking of doing her outfit from "Objects In Space" where she's sitting on the couch with Simon. (pictures: 1, 2). my question is: i have a similar shirt to that, but its not quite the same...should i bother to make a shirt just like her's or should i just go with the one i have?

also...is anyone else interested in firefly cosplay? Kari and i might be going to a con sometime as Kaylee and River...and if anyone is interested we can think about when and where that could be.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
kylash327
PlasticGeek.com

Ive got a replica of Jane's Blue Sun shirt layin around...lol
kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

I love that show. :) The actor who plays Wash is even going to be at a local con here. (Promoting I, Robot).

Good luck with the cosplay, that show is really hard to costume from since the clothes are rather non-distinct. :)
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
murmur
death's little sister

I *love* Firefly, my boyfriend and I are going to the next con we go to as Browncoats. *s* About the shirt, I think using your own would be fine-- so long as you do the coveralls (and I always loved that she wore them down like pants in this ep.), the character will be recognizable.
murmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
Gale
All the world's a stage

yah, i just need to get the coveralls and a good teddy-bear patch for the knee. i just got the series for my b-day and i payed close attention to all the stuff...all i really would need would be a floral/aisian print shirt and the coveralls. i only wish i could have someone with me cosplaying as Simon ^^; he's so cute!!

Unread 04-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #6
Kairi G
*shiny*

well as gale said, im planning a river costume. The outfit she wore in the ep. Safe (with the creepy town that thinks shes a witch) Its the outfit with the loose pink sweater, white jumper dress and pink skirt underneath and her super cool boots. i found a sweater that is perfect for it and the rest is pretty easy, and something about that outfit always attracted me, i think it was prolly the scene in the ep where she joins in their dance and she seems all happy and flowy and such.
For the future i plan on making one of Inara's outfits, i dont know which one yet, because i love them all! i prolly will decide soon because i am gonna have to save money for it, and plan like crazy since hers are quite detailed and difficult, plus ill need a wig. i may need a wig for river depending on when i do the costume, right now my hair is pretty short, but who knows when ill be wearing this costume for a con.

im so excited about doing firefly cosplay and i hope to see all you other firefly fans sometime at a con! that would be so awesome to get a group together!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg river-safe3.jpg (26.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg river-safe4.jpg (28.0 KB, 21 views)
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #7
Gale
All the world's a stage

oooh! thats one of my fave. of River's outfits. more recognizable too. what does Kaylee wear in that epp? isnt it her pretty white shirt? i realy like that one...just dont know how i'd make it! XP

Unread 04-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #8
felicity869

I havn't had tv/cable for about 3 years now so I've never even heard of firefly. I just looked it up and the girl that plays Kaylee is Jewel Staite! She was my favorite actress as a kid. I wish I saw this show. You think they'll release it on dvd?
felicity869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #9
Kairi G
*shiny*

it is out on dvd now!
and gale, i think she does wear the white in that ep. i will just have to watch it again i guess! hehe you should too gale! such an awesome show!
Unread 04-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #10
felicity869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi G
it is out on dvd now!
See, that's how out of the loop I am I think I'm going to have to buy it. How many seasons were there?
felicity869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #11
Kairi G
*shiny*

only one season, sadly, and they didnt even get to really finish up story, because it was canceled (stupid fox), there are 14 eps in the dvd set and 3 werent ever shown on tv, and the pilot is actually a 2hour ep. its good stuff, i watched every ep in a row the nite i got my set, and i was a happy happy girl!
Unread 04-20-2004, 09:08 PM   #12
Gale
All the world's a stage

sadly, though sience fiction has an insanely loyal fan base, it also has a very selective audiance >.< i definatly suggest it if you're into sci fi though.

kari- to tell the truth, i just want to get a bunch of jump suits and do a bunch of kaylee costumes...maybe all of them! lol

also...it's been killing me trying to figure out what else Alan Tudyk was in...and i finally figured it out: A Knight's Tale! another of my favies =P

Unread 04-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #13
murmur
death's little sister

Unfortunately, FOX gave Firefly a bad (Friday) time slot, so it just didn't get watched.... but I've heard that all the main actors from the series are signed on for the movie coming out next year, so that's good news.

And someday I'm gonna have to make Kaylee's big pink dress from Shindig...I love that thing.
murmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 12:30 AM   #14
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

So... only one other person wants to attempt the dress from Shindig? I have a pink dress that actually kind of looks like it, or would with massive hoops under it... but... I'm too anal about costume perfection to wear an outfit that just "kind of looks like it."

I'd like to see it if anyone does try it. Of course, they'd need a Captain tightpants to go with it.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #15
Kairi G
*shiny*

i love that dress, it is so puffy! ruffles are so fun. i bet if i made it i could make my friend james be mal, so i could have a capn. tightpants! oh i love that episode! i prolly wouldnt make the layer cake dress tho, way to lazy to make all the ruffles, let alone suffer wearing that giant skirt all day. its so cute tho!