Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Cosplay.com Picnic II

Unread 04-15-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Updates on everything (Thursday)

I want to start this thread to post a few updates on what's going on with the picnic, as far as weather, food, rules, etc.

{{{EDIT}}} The rain forecast has now been removed.
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0517

That being said, it still does say 10% chance, so be prepared. And as fast as it changed for the better, it could change for the worse.

I'm saying this now so that everyone is prepared in case it starts to rain while we're there. The pavillion will not keep you covered in case of rain, so make sure you have an umbrella. Also be sure to bring something to change into.

There is no alternate location in case of rain.

We're looking ok on food and drinks. Thank you to everyone who has offered to help with these, and to those who are bringing their own food. We don't want anyone going hungry, so if you can't afford to bring anything that's fine, but if you *can* afford it please try to bring at least something.

We're estimating the attendance to be substantially larger than last year, but we have no precise numbers. Last year we had between 90-100 people. So I'm going to say somewhere between 100 and 200 this year.

Aeris and I and a few others will be getting there at 10am. Weather permitting, we will stay until sunset, when the park closes.

PLEASE clean up after yourself while at the park. Last year got a little messy and five of us took an hour picking up plates and cups that people didn't throw away and which subsequently started blowing across the grass. Let's have a little pride this year.

The group photo will probably be sometime between 2 and 3pm.

WEAPONS: I'm getting lots of messages about this. Again, no weapons. Use common sense here. Props are fine, weapons are not. NO WEAPONS ALSO MEANS NO PROP WEAPONS. If a cop can't tell from 50 feet, he's going to "protect and serve" way before asking you if your gun is made of plastic.

Extra electronics- please don't bring anything that needs to be plugged in unless I've already okay'ed it with you. We have TWO outlets. We can plug a power strip into one but I'm not going to trust these outlets to power all this extra stuff. It's an outlet in a park.

Again, even if the rain decides to skip us it will probably be a bit cool. Bring a jacket, or an extra pair of jeans, or something to keep you covered in case it decides to drop down to the upper-50's and get a little breezy.

Last edited by Admin : 04-16-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
Anele
Cosplaying the Rare Ones

Does the weather forecast look any better today for Irvine? If there is rain in the forecast, is it heavy?

(My attendance at the picnic depends on the rain [hopefully it's very light to no rain], since I have a ways to travel on the freeway, so I'm a little worried )
Anele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
BlueLady
slightly distracted

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USCA0517?dayNum=1

your weather prediction.. I hope its wrong >.< Isn't it the east coast picnics that always get rained out XD
Unread 04-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
Anele
Cosplaying the Rare Ones

*sighs sadly* Well... it says only a "few showers"... It gets better at 6 PM? Grr...! I stab at thee, gray clouds!

*peeks outside, and gasps* Sunlight...! ...which vanishes 5 seconds later... -_-
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anele
*sighs sadly* Well... it says only a "few showers"... It gets better at 6 PM? Grr...! I stab at thee, gray clouds!

*peeks outside, and gasps* Sunlight...! ...which vanishes 5 seconds later... -_-
Keep an eye on the forecast, it looks better now.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 05:10 PM   #6
Anele
Cosplaying the Rare Ones

You better believe I'm watching it! XD
Unread 04-16-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

Just a hopeful forecast:

I live about 20-30 mins north of the picnic site in Orange, and looking out the window right now...

The sun is out, and the thermomater reads 70 degrees. This morning was alternating between cloudy and sunny, but never really cold. If tomorrow is anything like today, it'll be nice... There's no sign of rain at the moment, and my weather sense tells me that if we all come prepared to hold against rain tomorrow with umbrellas and such, we'll have no rain - but if one person forgets....
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote