Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 12-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
LittlePanda

Red face Long time Cosplayer, First time member HELLO!!

Hey everyone!! My names Alicia but my friends call me ally,i'm 19 and i guess i'm here to introduce myself so here i go!

I am a long time cosplayer (started back in 08) but this is my first time here as well as on any cosplay forum. So i guess your wondering why im here? If so i started cosplaying like i said back in 08, I got into the hobby as i have always had a love for dressing up and sewing and everything behind the hobby. But i mostly started as a way to have fun and hopfully makes friends after i was in a accident that put me in my wheel chair for many years now untill i can properly heal leaving me with tons of time.. but no friends and surprisingly enough im sure you all with find. Still none to be had (local and cosplayers anyway)
I've been going to cons for years now hoping to make friends who are also in the hobby, like im sure many of you have hoped as well. But have noticed my wheel chair isnt helping, so ive decided to join this huge forum in hopes of making friends with people who can see pass my chair.

Anyway now that that depressing info is over (sorry! heres a little bit more of a better introduction!
Like i said been cosplaying sense 08, Ive done everything from original characters, live action movie, cartoons,and anime. I make my own costumes but also like to wear and collect pre made costumes, i've made it on tv 4 times for my cosplaying, 2 local commercials, a episode of inner space and made it into the first episode of heroes of cosplay after getting complimented on my costume by people in the show, Im in a crazy amount of hobbies, gaming, art,writing, guitar the list goes on. with collecting things like MH,LDD and BJDs and so much more.
and like my hobbies and collections i have a wide love of tv shows, movies,animes and cartoons so if you like something i probably do too. (like i said LOTS of time on my hands lol)

ANYWAY, Im really happy to have found such a huge place filled with cosplayers and cant wait to meet you all and make some friends!
LittlePanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Ose_93
is under your bed

Hello Ally!

My name's Jenny and I started cosplaying in 2007, but I didn't really get into the hobby until about 2 years ago. It's awesome that you make your own costumes sometimes, I still need to get around to doing that... I bought a sewing machine but it's just kinda lying around. My mom uses it sometimes to fix her clothing, but that's the only work it really sees. I feel kinda bad for it. XD

Do you go to a con every year? I tend to only go to AX in LA in the summer. I used to also go to San Diego Comic Con, but ugh, it just started getting too packed in there. And it's harder to actually get tickets... I still remember when you could wait in line to get in.

It's awesome that you have been on TV a few times! My cosplays have always been rather simple since it's just things I bought and put together. I started buying nice cosplays from other users here, but I've yet to wear them at cons. My sister goes with me, so we tend to want to be characters from the same series. Last year we were Izaya and fem!Shizuo from Durarara.

I've been wanting to get into BJDs! They look so adorable~

Have fun in the forums! I'm sure you will find some friends here. C:

2014 Cosplay Plans:

Anime Expo:
Rin Okumura
Gilbert Beilschmidt

(Find a way to Y-Con)
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
LittlePanda

Hey jenny! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Lol aww well if you start slow with improving on premade costumes or sewing little things it gets you in the hang of it then you'll really love making your own. Yep I got to cons every year, normally around 4 or 5. And I know what you mean, I was lucky to get tickets to last years sd comic con (my first time)but not this years. Aww that's sweet, I haven't cosplayed in a group or with a friend before, I bet it's fun!
And thanks I hope so!
LittlePanda is offline   Reply With Quote