Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
kittycass13

Hello! New member, newish cosplayer!

Hey all!

As the title says I'm new to cosplay.com but not so new at cosplaying. I have been interested in "dressing up" in costumes since forever and just recently (this past year) I have really gotten into the actual act of cosplaying. I was hooked after my first convention.

I would really like to follow in the footsteps of Ivy Doomkitty and Freddie Nova and dare I say Yaya Han and hopefully become a semi-professional cosplayer. (I say semi pro because I'm not sure I could support my habit without a full time job...)

I've started a Facebook fan page for my cosplay that I hope will take off after the first of the year.

So far I've focused on doing alternate versions of well known characters. I did a 1950s Harley Quinn as my first real cosplay. Then a version of Velma from Scooby Doo in a universe where monster are real. And I am currently working on a Steampunk Rainbow Dash. As well as two versions of Poison Ivy which I am super stoked for.

Anyway, I hope to make some great people here. I'm in the U.S. Arizona. Drop me a line!

My cosplay page: facebook.com/RobyDee.Cosplay

Currently working on:
Elsa - Frozen ~ 20%
Steampunk Rainbow Dash ~ 40%
Poison Ivy ~ 75%

Planned:
Rurouni Kenshin Crossplay
Masquerade Poison Ivy
Teen Titans cartoon Starfire
kittycass13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Ackley

Hey,I am also newbie on this community and i wanna join to this informative community because i get more information from this community.I hope we have great fun and would be share good knowledge with each others so i welcome to the already members of this community for discussion.

Brienshamp Boot Camp

Last edited by Ackley : 12-28-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Ackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Nova417
I like penguins

Well, hello there, Kitty! (Is it okko I call you that?) It's great to see a new, friendly face on here! I can't sew for my life (//shit) but I am willing to try and help with anything else you need!

What was your first convention, if I may ask? It's good to hear that your first con was a good experience (Has read too many con horrors--)! It's also great to hear you have role-models! I think I'll look some of them up, since I don't know any of them. ouo;; //Doesn't have role-models because is lameee.

I can't wait to see more of your cosplays! They al sound great!

//I liked your FB page btw. <3

2014Cosplays
~ Rover [Gijinka] (Planning)
~ Minun [Gijinka] (Planning)
~ Sunflower [Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare] (Planning)

"I really like penguins and cola."
-Nova417
Nova417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
kittycass13

Hi Ackley! Thanks for the welcome!
Nova! My first con was Phoenix Comic Con. I've heard horror stories about bad experiences too. I was super nervous to throw together a costume for my first convention but it seemed to work out ok!

I'm a fairly decent seamstress, but I need a new sewing machine! DX I love the community here l, and how willing everyone is to share their resources!

Thanks for the Facebook like!

Posted via Topify on Android
kittycass13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Welcome, Kitty! The cosplay community is a great community to be part of, so glad you you decided to join more of the fun here. The forums can be a frightening place, but it is the perfect spot to go to for tutorials, meet-ups and just in general finding other costumers in your area. I do hope you enjoy your stay in the forums, and hope that while you're here you remember one thing. Have fun. That is an important factor in every hobby, but some people lose track of it as they rank up in the community. Anyway, welcome!

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote