Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 12-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Chaya

Hello I'm Chaya, I'm 20, and I've never cosplayed!

Hi! I want to get into cosplay. A few of my friends do it but I don't see them much. I'd love to cosplay a Weeping Angel, one of the Christine Daae outfits, and a female version of the Doctor! Thing is, they'll have to be modest. I'm not Jewish yet but I'm already modest. I don't have to cover my hair since I'm not married yet but would people still recognize who I'd be cosplaying if I change the outfit a bit?
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
kirilee

Hi Chaya!

I too have never really cosplayed, but I think you could certainly do all of those cosplays - and keep them modest for sure

Next convention: Supernova - Perth, Australia

kirilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Elsinora
Ph.D in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
Hi! I want to get into cosplay. A few of my friends do it but I don't see them much. I'd love to cosplay a Weeping Angel, one of the Christine Daae outfits, and a female version of the Doctor! Thing is, they'll have to be modest. I'm not Jewish yet but I'm already modest. I don't have to cover my hair since I'm not married yet but would people still recognize who I'd be cosplaying if I change the outfit a bit?
Hi! Weeping Angels would be very easy to make tzanua--just add sleeves!-- and would still be instantly recognizable, as would pretty much any incarnation of the Doctor (just swap the pants for a skirt). Christine Daae would be harder, as she's much less well known to begin with and her costumes are all low cut, sheer, or sleeveless. Depending on your tznius standards, you could wear a flesh-tone bodysuit or shell underneath, but if you modify the costume itself, I doubt it will be recognized.

I'm kind of an odd Jewish duck in that I cover my hair, knees, and elbows but have no issue with beged ish (all my cosplays are crossplays, oops)--but I do know the rules of tznius, even if I don't exactly follow them. I'd be happy to give you advice or brainstorm ideas with you.

Good luck with your geirus!
Shuhe/Tabard/Bracers/Boots/Hat/Wig/Scar Makeup
Light Yagami--Death Note, "Tactics"
[b]Tracksuit[b]/Hat/Wig/Dress Shoes
Eren Jaeger--Shingeki no Kyojin, "Can't Look Into His Eyes"
Shirt/Pants/Wig/Boots/Bruise and Blood Makeup
Elsinora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
Chaya

Hi kirliee! I was actually thinking about the Christine Daae cosplay and I don't think I'd be able to It's too bad but I can do the other two

Elsninora: I'm already looking for some material for a Weeping Angel or female Doctor. Which would be easier in your opinion?

I've never crossdressed before. I mean, I wore jeans and t-shirts, but I never considered that crossdressing lol Feel free to shoot me a PM or something if this site has a private message system.

Thank you! I had to look up what geirus meant :P But I am excited!
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote