Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 04-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
sheepsarai

2photos in my gallery have disapeared

Umm, I was just checking on my gallery because i linked to two pictures of me in my costume and i went to check the links toay and it said that these werent in the database so, i went to my gallery to check on it and sure enough both pictures were gone. is this an error? did the site lose my pictures? the link was working last night, or did someone take it down form some random reason?

Unread 04-18-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

The photos got deleted because either one or both of them were breaking the gallery for some reason. Long story.

Did you save them in Photoshop 6 or 7? And if so, can you re-save them using "save for web"? It's a weird error that happens with jpegs in Photoshop once in a while. Try it like that and re-up them and it should be fine.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
sheepsarai

breaking the galllery? what does that mean?
Yea they were converted with photoshop, all my pictures were does that meqan im gonna lose all of them too?
Unread 04-18-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I think he forgot the "rules" - breaking the gallery rules. Did your picture have any artwork in it? Any copywrited material (images of the character, manga image, logos, etc)? Was it sexually suggestive/too revealing and/or not suitable for pg13 audiences? I know the rules are around here somewhere, but I'm not sure where... though Admin can point you to them easily, I'm sure (I just don't use my gallery that much).

I think your photos will be fine in photoshop; he was saying that sometimes jpegs from photoshop 6 or 7 don't upload properly, so you should resave them by choosing "save for web" (if none of the gallery rules were broken, this might be what happened) and upload them again.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 06:30 PM   #5
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

No, pretty sure he meant actually breaking the gallery. Like, the way the files were saved in Photoshop made them semicorrupted/unreadable in the gallery. >.>
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Interesting. Never heard that terminology before; wouldn't it just be an corrupted file, not a broken gallery?

*doh* Unless he meant 'broken image'... because to me, 'breaking the gallery' implies that someones entire gallery is 'broken'/corrupted and unseeable for some reason. The wording made me think 'breaking the gallery rules', not 'broken image'. Oops.

Terminology misunderstanding. Sorries!

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

We call it breaking the gallery because when a corrupted image file works it completely breaks every single image in internet explorer and you have to close out every internet explorer window you're in for them to work again. So not only does it break the gallery, but it breaks the browser as well.
Unread 04-18-2004, 10:21 PM   #8
sheepsarai

No it didnt have anything braking the rules in it, i reloaded them the other night under the new saved format for the web and its been fine since, thanks for the explanation on that aeris! Im a newb. to everything and up till recently i didnt even know how to upload! Thank you! Its all fixed now.