Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #46
nikkimel5

-Everyone watches hetalia! lol! No, I only watch tv-14 shows.
-Aparrantely, no I don't :/
- Hang out with friends, text, go to six flags
- I don't use it. I don't have it installed? Isn't the difference between utau and vocaloid is that one software is free and the other one isn't?

I have another question about vocaloid cosplay. I have like a $200 gift card and I want to cosplay as a lot of people. I was planning to cosplay as haruhi suzumiya for day 1 of otakon, a vocaloid character for day 2, and probably day 3 will be baka and test. For day 2, i might be going as matryoshka meiko, but the only problem I have is my hair. It's kind of longer than meiko's. It's sort of like this style
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dp-RSQtBjV...ight%2B(1).jpg
but like meiko's hair color. Here's a reference pic:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...my-d540wkq.jpg

Could I pull this off even if I have longer hair? I have the same color of hair, but in a different style. And how should I make the costume? I hear that's cheaper to do..

Last edited by nikkimel5 : 02-18-2014 at 07:50 PM.
nikkimel5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #47
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimel5 View Post
-Everyone watches hetalia! lol! No, I only watch tv-14 shows.
-Aparrantely, no I don't :/
- Hang out with friends, text, go to six flags
- I don't use it. I don't have it installed? Isn't the difference between utau and vocaloid is that one software is free and the other one isn't?

I have another question about vocaloid cosplay. I have like a $200 gift card and I want to cosplay as a lot of people. I was planning to cosplay as haruhi suzumiya for day 1 of otakon, a vocaloid character for day 2, and probably day 3 will be baka and test. For day 2, i might be going as matryoshka meiko, but the only problem I have is my hair. It's kind of longer than meiko's. It's sort of like this style
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dp-RSQtBjV...ight%2B(1).jpg
but like meiko's hair color. Here's a reference pic:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...my-d540wkq.jpg

Could I pull this off even if I have longer hair? I have the same color of hair, but in a different style. And how should I make the costume? I hear that's cheaper to do..

XD the ones I listed are tv 14 shows, just that it's popular in japan but here its' not as popular.
Utau is not as good a vocaloid but 1- it's free. and 2- the awesome thing is that you can make yourself as a utau by inserting your own voice sample. So people would create characters and insert their own voices into it. (like Teto XD) (I don't use either software XD but I do use the music created from other people.)

ooh Baka and test? Who? is it the girl with the ponytail ribbon?

Meiko can have longer hair, seriously. The Meiko Sakine ver of her has longer hair. There isn't an official matryoshka design of meiko. The original was miku and gumi and people liked it so much that they like to design what they think the other vocaloid would look like in that style. That you linked me was an interpretation of what she thinks Meiko would look like in that style.

Kind of like Luka meltdown. It's was a Rin song but if you google for Luka verison you get like 4 different designs.

I say for making it, it depends on you really. For me personally, If I make it, it would cost more then me just buying it, cause I do not have steady hands and I will mess up and will have to buy more, also it's cost more because I do not already have a sewing machine and stuff like that.

Besides, the jacket in that picture looks like you can closet cosplay that. XD just look around academy and you probably would find a track sport jacket like that. you might have to sew two pieces of orange fabric but overall would be easy-ish....if you're crafty sort.
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #48
nikkimel5

Wait, so is hetalia like a tv-14 show? because I read that it's tv ma.. like for 17+. No that's minami shimada. I'm talking about this girl:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ak8HUWouh...shou_large.jpg
do you know her?
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #49
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Wait, so is hetalia like a tv-14 show? because I read that it's tv ma.. like for 17+. No that's minami shimada. I'm talking about this girl:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ak8HUWouh...shou_large.jpg
do you know her?
ooooh, hetalia. I thought you were talking about the shows I listed. its' seventeen plus?....though tbh, it's not very explicated......wait but what about soul eater? didn't the anime show death the kid doing something to liz and patty on the first ep? That's even more adult then hetalia. There was no groping in hetalia.....>__>

Yes, I know her, She's scary. XD but very cute and pretty! XD I thought it would be minami because the other two cosplay had brown hair. (haruhi, meiko ) lol

My favorite character has got to be the glasses guy (A class guy) in that show, he's hilarious. XD
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #50
DivisibleByZero

I suggest Aku Yamine!
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Aku_byXai.jpg
DivisibleByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #51
nikkimel5

Thank you for the suggestion! but the only problem is that Idk where to get it. Do you know where?
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #52
nikkimel5

To: Skyfrost Lol! Oh yeah I think I know who ur talking about lol. I love shouko! She is so funny! Wait so is hetalia appropriate for 14-15 girls? Does it have alot of cursing (ex. do they say the f word a lot)?
Unread 02-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #53
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
To: Skyfrost Lol! Oh yeah I think I know who ur talking about lol. I love shouko! She is so funny! Wait so is hetalia appropriate for 14-15 girls? Does it have alot of cursing (ex. do they say the f word a lot)?
Yeah....but soul eater has kid groping patty and liz and I don't see how that is worse..... Anyhow the only reason that it's 17+ according to fundatmation is that they use some gay humor and they don't want parent to sue.

For example, France is bi so he flirts with both male and female. stuff like that.

DivisibleByZero, thank you for helping ^__^
Unread 02-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #54
nikkimel5

I mean I have heard of aku yamine. I just don't know where to buy the costume. Do you know where sykefrost?
Unread 02-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #55
nikkimel5

Hey what do you think of death the kid cosplaying as len kagamine?
Unread 02-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #56
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Hey what do you think of death the kid cosplaying as len kagamine?
not very symmetrical. XD LOL (sorry but it had to be said.)

But like I said, it's probably more because America curse "I'm awesome F*** yeah!" and France flirts with boy and girls that the rating is there. When actually....I think soul eater is more explicit seriously.

Not really, any costume would have to be commission for that cosplay. Since she's a fan made vocaloid deviation. annnnnnd not as popular as Haku or Akita neru (Both are miku Deviations as well)

So if you want you can request it from a seller and they will make it. but you have know your seller to see if they will make it for you correctly. for example I trusted Csddlink to make my Celestia cosplay, (They have never made the cosplay before, and it turns out great! and now they sell it.)

Last edited by Skyefrost : 02-19-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #57
nikkimel5

It's ok lol! How did you tell them to make the costume? Did you just request it by email?

Last edited by nikkimel5 : 02-19-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #58
nikkimel5

What about miku dressed as len? Because you know the rin chan song, and they dressed as rin sort of? But what about len? Would that be a good idea?
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #59
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
It's ok lol! How did you tell them to make the costume? Did you just request it by email?
http://www.csddlink.com/shop/contact_us.php

Go to that link, and ask them. Be sure to one- tell them the name of the character and series it's from and

give lots of pictures.

Also state what you want. (I want the dress, headband and socks) like that. Then if it's too much you can say, I don't want the socks any more.

They will link you to a picture of the cosplay and you can buy it. (it will be just a anime picture, not the real thing.) and when you receive it and if you have any problems you can tell them! They will send you a new one for free.
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #60
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
What about miku dressed as len? Because you know the rin chan song, and they dressed as rin sort of? But what about len? Would that be a good idea?
sounds good! I like tomboys, they are so cool XD! like this?

hatsune-miku-cv-01.deviantart.com/art/Miku-dressed-up-as-Len-with-Tako-Luka-414910132

a tinerme avatar of it.