Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 04-19-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
WoodenCoyote
Jesus Christ, superstar!

Unhappy Tan lines

After all this time working in the sun, I've got so many tan stripes I could pass for a zebra. And mine take forever to fade. Does anyone out their know a good way to mask or hide tan lines?

--------
"If you tell O'Hara what's in the window seat, I'll tell him what's in the cellar. There's an elderly gentleman down there who seems to be very dead."
Jonathan Brewster - Arsenic and Old Lace
WoodenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
AssNinja
the Lain chick

I think you just have to tan the rest of you with some fake tanner stuff. Or try to cover it with your costume. Other than that I am fresh out of ideas
AssNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
Senko-chan

I think at thoes tanning salons or what ever they are could help, because I think your supposed to like like off your shirt and just lay in the thing. ^_^; Thats what i've heard. I hope I helped.

Problem with fake tanner:It could turn your skin orangey or a weird color.
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

Look for a salon that offers "airbrush tanning" in your city. It's still relatively new, but it's awesome.

Basically, they spray you with a bronzer (so you get immediate visual results) but the solution also contains DHA (the active ingredient in ALL self tanners) so that after a few hours you'll develop a "real" tan that lasts for about week. (real, as in "not painted, but also not because you've been out toasting in the golden rays of the sun")

There's also a handheld unit (for DIY airbrusing) that I saw on the shopping channel a few days ago (www.tsc.ca) but since it's relatively new I'm going to wait on that product.

Try looking up "self tanners" in this forum. There has been an indepth discussion about self tanners before.
Unread 04-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
Dia
time for silver jets

If you need a quick fix for a small area, I've read that a dusting of bronzer powder can help. It's good for bikini strap lines and the like. (I'm pasty-pale and tanline-free, so I can't vouch for the effectiveness of this, I'm afraid ^^; )
Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #6
Machiko
watashi wa ningyoushi!

yup that works wonders as well

just try to find a bronzer that doesn't contain too much micro-glitter. you can tell just by looking at it if it has too much. if you can see in in the compact you will see it on your skin...

we're trying to even you out, no make you look like a christmas ornament
Machiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #7
Ruby-Chan
super duper silly cat

well i dont' really tan. but i know what my friends do. they go to a tanning salon. they put a very high spf on the tan parts of their body (around 35-45spf) and very low (2-8spf) or none at all on the non-tan parts. then the lay in the tanning bed for 10-15minutes. this may take a couple tried (no more than 2 per week though) but if works the best.

otherwise the airbrush tanning is really good to. i think its about $15-$25 per treatment. be sure to exfoliate very good and moisturize before going though.
Unread 04-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #8
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby-Chan
well i dont' really tan. but i know what my friends do. they go to a tanning salon. they put a very high spf on the tan parts of their body (around 35-45spf) and very low (2-8spf) or none at all on the non-tan parts. then the lay in the tanning bed for 10-15minutes. this may take a couple tried (no more than 2 per week though) but if works the best.
AHHHHHH!!! Skin cancer booths!!!

Tell them to stop immediately!
Unread 04-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #9
Ruby-Chan
super duper silly cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
AHHHHHH!!! Skin cancer booths!!!

Tell them to stop immediately!

I wish they'd listen. Most of them are dancers like me and they think being tan makes them more attractive. I prefer to avoid the evil things.
Unread 04-22-2004, 12:48 AM   #10
sheepsarai

I've done tanning before in a salon, I bought a month before anime boston so I'd be nice and tan for it. And salons really do work great and there very relaxing. Its not just being in a tanning salon that gives you sun cancer, prolonged sun exposure can do that to you, its burning from uv radiation or sun rays that hurt you and start to help you develop melanoma obviously going all the time could cause cancer but if you wnet once in a while, or only did like a month like me you arent doomed to get it. At tanning salons you can buy tan accelerators to help you tan faster (this is a very good thing) and its important to talk to the lovely people that work there , they can tell you how often you would need to go and for how long.(I went 3 days a week for a month and by the end of the month i could stay in the beds for about 15minutes.) Just remember not to make a huge habit of it you can tell if your skin is starting to dry out, you dont wanna look like one of those 20 year olds who are all wrinkly and shrivaled from being there everyday. Just make sure you wear protective eye wear (they sell it at the salon) so you dont damage your eyes and avoid burns either out in the sun or in a tanning salon thats what contributes to melanoma. Just remember to be safe about it and it can be a fun experiance.