Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
Noodly
Broke Novice Cosplayer

Could I get some guidance on this hoodie?

Time's running out so I think trying to commission this is no longer an option for me. For the record, I'm completely incompetent when it comes to sewing, but my friend who's agreed to make it for me is not! I just want to make sure she has the right guidelines so it turns out like I want it to!

Just your regular, everyday hoodie with that particular symbol sewn into it. I'd also like it to have a girly fit. My questions are; What fabrics are usually used for hoodies? What's a good place to get said fabrics? Does anyone know of a pattern I could send her? Any other tips or tricks I could send her way?

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Noodly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
o01101011
Just call me Digit

"sweatshirt fleece" Its knit on one side and fleece on the other. Its sort of expensive though, so it may be more cost effective to get two hoodies and combine them (you can dye a white cotton one teal if needed)
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
Evil Bishounen
Hail to the King

Just a heads up, but the sleeves in your front and back views are inconsistent. Your front view shows set-in sleeves, and your back view is showing raglan sleeves. They are two different types of sleeves, so you'll need to pick one style and go with it for both front and back.

I'm not sure if that was a mistake or deliberate, but I figured it was worth pointing out... because if it was deliberate, I highly doubt you'll find a commercial pattern that has that look and it will add more working time to change the pattern.

(If this were a commission I was taking on, this is something I'd bring up to the client right away and ask for clarification.)

2014: Anime Los Angeles and whatever else falls into my lap

I now have a Tumblr. Sometimes I use it.
Evil Bishounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
TenshiNoMizu

Joann's has the sweatshirt fleece. Typically it's not on sale but they do pretty much always have coupons out that you'd be able to use on it. There are lots of hoodie patterns out there that I'm sure you could pick through (once again, something JoAnn's has.) You can go through the books they have at the pattern table and find which one you'd like.

I was also going to point out the same thing 'Evil Bishounen' (almost called you Bishie haha) said. Of course you could alter the pattern to fit what you really want. Personally I don't use patterns too often but I've been sewing for a while now. :3

- No cons in the near future

Working On:
  • 'Raver' Versions of the original 4 starter Pokemon
  • Floral Fallal Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2)
  • Secret <3
TenshiNoMizu is offline   Reply With Quote