Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 04-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #1
Alexeil
protected by vampires

Buffy con across the street!? o.0

So I just found out about this today, but some people have prolly known for awhile. But figured I'd give everyone a heads up anywayz. There is gonna be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer con at the Holiday Inn across the street (their directions, not mine, never been to the area myself) the same weekend as Acen! Angel himself, David Boreanaz, is gonna be there. As well as several other more minor cast members. I was considering stoping in, but looking at the admission prices, I doubt I will. They are also supposed to have a costume contest. So that could lead to some interesting photo shoots if peeps from the two cons mingle. I hope there's no bad blood (no pun intended) between the two cons' attendees. The interests are certainly more compatable than some other events that anime cons have been near in the past. I think it could be a cool rare chance for fans to have two cons so close together.

Whoops, almost forgot to put the link to this con's website http://www.flashbackweekend.com/
Alexeil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2004, 08:23 PM   #2
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Yah I saw that too, I was sort of in shock. Well thankfully it's two geek cons verses the... dentists convention that was there last year? :)

Me and a friend might attend both, and do some cross costuming too (Buffy/Angel at ACen and Anime/Video game at the Buffy Con).

Who knows. :D

They are doing a discounted rate if you register for both cons, I think I was reading that on ACen's web page.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
ParnsAngel
Elven Inside

Oh goodness! Its a shame my little sister cant come. She loooooves Buffyness!
I thought the dentist con last year was great though *lol* I love seeing the confused looks on business peoples faces!! Its fun explainin what we're all about, too ^^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...un/banner6.jpg
ParnsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 03:24 AM   #4
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

(I think last year was a eye/ear doctor con we were sharing space with.)
Hmm...I wonder what their policy on hallway costuming is? Maybe I'll just hang out over there! XD
Well, at least there will be more costumed people walking back and forth across the street and being all obvious and weird and visual. That's one of the worst things about the segregated little Hyatt stuffed in a corner that no one notices.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #5
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

I don't think there will be that many Buffy costumers, of course I could be completely wrong, I haven't really been to a Buffy convention before.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #6
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Hey, I've seen Sunnydale cheerleaders, Drusilla, and Spike at DragonCon. A Buffy con oughta bring out even more! Dude... I should tell my non-anime-but-still-geeky friends who love Buffy about this. And David Boreanaz...?

LOL it's gonna be an interesting weekend, that's for sure!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #7
99Machsoul
A Pink Bunny Is My Friend

Lilah and Lindsay and Amy and the coach and the extras don't really interest me... When I saw that David was going to be there I almost spazzed out. If they'd let people in normally I think it would be cool to get a group together and have fun.

But have you guys taken a look at the PRICES list!? >.<

Quote:
Gold Package gpv10409 $280.00 Reserved seating in Gold section at the Pickwick for the KANE concert, reserved seating in the Gold section at convention Q & As, 1 autograph each from David Boreanaz, Christian Kane, Stephanie Romanov, & Elizabeth Anne Allen. click

Silver Package spv10409 $255.00 Reserved seating behind Gold section at the Pickwick for the KANE concert, reserved seating behind Gold for convention Q & As, 1 autograph each from David Boreanaz, Christian Kane, Stephanie Romanov, and Elizabeth Anne Allen. click

2-Day Convention package 2dpv10409 $230.00 Sat. and Sun. admission. Reserved seating behind Silver section at the Pickwick for the KANE concert, reserved seating behind Silver for convention Q & As, 1 autograph each from David Boreanaz, Christian Kane, Stephanie Romanov, and Elizabeth Anne Allen. click

Saturday Convention package 1dpv10417 $205.00 Saturday ONLY Package
Reserved convention seating in the hotel auditorium (behind the 2-Day Convention Pass holders), Reserved seating ticket (behind the 2-Day Convention Pass holders) for the KANE concert at the Pickwick Theatre, David Boreanaz autograph, Christian Kane autograph, Stephanie Romanov autograph, Elizabeth Anne Allen autograph, Round trip bus ride to and from the Pickwick for the KANE concert.

Sunday Convention package sunpv10409 $180.00 Reserved seating behind 2-day section for convention Q & As, 1 autograph each from David Boreanaz, Christian Kane, Stephanie Romanov, and Elizabeth Anne Allen.

Christian Kane Sunday photo-op ckpov10409 $40.00 + $5.00 processing fee = $45.00 total.

Stephanie Romanov Sunday photo-op srpov10409 $40.00 + $5.00 processing fee = $45.00 total.

Elizabeth Anne Allen Sunday photo op eaapov10409 $40.00 + $5.00 processing fee = $45.00 total.
Unread 04-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
CuteButDeadly
I am Squllu!

Oh God, I'm going to have to keep my buddy Hason chained to me to keep him from running away to Buffy con.
CuteButDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #9
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

*COUGH*

Good LORD! Do they want more than ten people to actually attend this con???

I wouldn't even pay $280 to grope David Boreanaz, much less go to a con.

I love ACen.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 07:55 PM   #10
Dali-Lamb

Too Much $$$$
"Harpoon him through the head? It's not gonna work Fred."
"Well, how do you know; how many times have you tried it?"
-Drop Dead Fred
Dali-Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 07:57 PM   #11
Dali-Lamb

TOO MUCH $$$$ I think that i'll just stay in the sanctitiy and non-vampiric corner of the hyatt, fighting for the triforce, instead of for um....david boreanaz's ass..for $1000 a squeeze.....yeaaaah.....^^;

~Dali-Lamb
"Harpoon him through the head? It's not gonna work Fred."
"Well, how do you know; how many times have you tried it?"
-Drop Dead Fred
Dali-Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #12
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

People with ACen badges get a discount...I don't know how much though

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote