Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
Masami

Unhappy Need hotel room for Akon!! Help!

I hope I'm posting this in the right section ^_^... Here goes ->

My friends and I just decided to go to Akon.. problem is, no hotel room. There will most likely be 3 of us, but there is still one person who is a maybe. Does anyone know of any rooms open? We don't care about cramming ;-; We just need space! We're all 18 girls, but we dun care..

btw.. thanks Bamp >D

help!

My Myspace
"Why are you going to art school? You're already an artist?" .... "But I want to be a STARVING artists, so I need to ring up my debt."

Ohayocon-MTAC-Acen-D*C-AWA

Last edited by Masami : 04-22-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Masami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-22-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
Bamph
Banned

Only Trouble can come of this...

Looking for rooms indeed. I can see only trouble coming from this. I hope you three know what yall are getting yall's selfs into. Can you imagine a fanboy coming across this post? 3 girls looking to crash in some guys/girls room for a weekend, fair game. I beg of you girls to have the utmost care agreeing to crash in some persons room. (carry mace!)

Well anyway, Good luck to all of you, and if you see a cute Gaara walking around wave to him, it may be me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wolv3.jpg (113.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Wolv2.jpg (143.4 KB, 16 views)
Bamph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
shin kurenai

i think there are a lot of hotels around the adams mark within short driving distances...

my advice is to maybe either get someone to know what you're looking for and they can help you out ^_^;

unless you want a free room ._.;; i just wander around and sleep upside down in parking garages like a vampire!
shin kurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 08:35 AM   #4
Karrit
Lady Lupin

They're right. It's best to share a room with people you know. I myself am sharing a room with two people who are coming up with me and two others whom I know from out of state.

As for getting a room. The first thing you should do is call the Adams Mark and ask them how many rooms are still available on A-kon weekend. Then get online and call around to different hotels and compare fees. The fee for a room during A-kon at the Adam's Mark is $125 a night, but you have to mention Phoenix Entertainment to get the discount. Usually it's twice that much for a standard hotel room there.
Karrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
Masami

The main reason we were trying to get a room with other people is NONE of us have a credit card and our parents won't let us borrow theirs. I didn't think there was another way to secure a room, right? Anyways ^_^ Thanks for the comments.. still looking >D Just for a room.. at the Adam's Mark.
Masami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 01:04 AM   #6
Takura
Wheres my Chips?!?

I dont really see a prob with sharing a room with someone that ya dont know, but I agree.. DO be careful.. Im sure you will find someone on here to room with..

Next Conventions:
Dallas Comic Con
DragonCon

XBOX Live: xxTakuraxx
PSN: xxTakuraxx
Takura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 10:04 PM   #7
SwordsWoman
SANITY is FOR the WEAK

i agree as well. you have to be aware of the preying fanboys/girls that would totally take you offguard. scared the begeebes out of me last year. but sharing with people who offer (beware of touchy/wondering hands ~_-'') you can become friends and stuff of that sort. everything has its good and bad, you just have to know where they end and begin. like me and takura are sharing a room with our friends and we are still getting to know each other. being friends with them lets one know you dont have to forget names or embarrass yourself and be 'alone'.
thats my opinon and some facts i've known of. (thnks outloud) darn the miroku from a-kon14... keep your hands to yourself!....*_* <_< >_> .....i said nothing....
With nothing to fight her with, he got into a defensive stance, only showing one side towards her. When he looked at her she was…isn’t she? Yes, she was, Dreyia was laughing at him. She had that soul ripping, evil laugh. She was, again, mocking him for being weak. He hated it with a passion.
-only those willing to die for what they lost to her, will face her. She is death. She is desire. She is what makes this world hell to those creatures.
SwordsWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
Takura
Wheres my Chips?!?

Thats right you Fanbois... Ill be watching you.... lol Sharing a room with strangers is a good way to make new friends.. Is what I did last year (My first convention ever) and had the greatest time...

Next Conventions:
Dallas Comic Con
DragonCon

XBOX Live: xxTakuraxx
PSN: xxTakuraxx

Last edited by Takura : 04-30-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Takura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #9
kirineko
ninja of the night

I'd offer you space in my room, but I'm using staff crash space, so >> (hey, it's free)

Btw, a great idea for helping out with not having a place to stay is just flat out volunteering at the con. Generally, random volunteers get at most no more than 12 hours of assigned work throughout the entire weekend...they are also REALLY good usually at working around other stuff you want/need to do...as long as you show up to WORK your shifts...

But anyway, for giving them 12 hours (possibly) of work, you get a free badge, free place to sleep (no credit card needed!), free food, a special staff tshirt...and it's also a GREAT way to make friends. And frankly, it's tons of fun! I may bitch and moan about everything I end up doing at the con, but I have met some of the NEATEST people by volunteering, and now, at my fourth A-kon, I am a staff head.

And most of the jobs are pretty darn simple. For first timers, I'd recommend Registration, KAOS room, Komik Market, etc. I'd recommend Jpop room, but I am overstaffed >>

Anyway, just a thought. I think they still have volunteer forms open, too.
kirineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #10
Saikolady
Pocky for Yaoi

ROFL! I KNOW that Miroku >_< He's even more of a perv when he's not in public >_>; *kicks* Look out for guys like him that seem nice and such in the beginning <_< Anyway, goodluck getting a room with someone who isn't a creep ^_^;
Saikolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2004, 02:26 AM   #11
AoKoneko
Banned

You in luck ^^
My 2-Maybe 3 friends and I have a room on the private level of the hotel.
Also its all girls! (My mother is letting us stay alone but for letting us do that we cant have any guys. oh wellies.) We go a failry LARGE room with 2 small twin beds so others can bring blow up beds and so there will be room for the racks of costumes and the sewing Ma's.
Let me know if ud and ur friends would like to stay with us. We wont mind.

Love "for once one has tasted the delicacy called love one can never live with out "
AoKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote