Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 11-19-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
Tifa
Target Locked

Ffxi

Ney, I haven't heard much about FFXI lately, but from what I've seen, it looks bad. Barely anybody talks about it, and I'm not really interested in getting it if it's really as bad as I think it may be, but I was just curious about what everyone's heard about it so far.
Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2002, 01:35 AM   #2
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

it looks kick ass..and i read a lot about it in game mags. Looks like if it ever gets to the US, I'm never gonna sleep again.
Unread 11-20-2002, 02:04 AM   #3
Alaria
Arrowed!!

lol, I heard the more you get into the game, the grander and more encompassing/addicting it becomes. And I have the soundtrack, which is really, really good!
Unread 11-20-2002, 03:45 AM   #4
Celine
Remember me?

I watched a trailer for it on some game website (maybe rpgamer, I don't remember) and it looked *really* cool. ^^ Of course, I don't know anyone who's actually played it, but I highly doubt it could really be that bad...
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 07:39 AM   #5
psythe

From what I understand it's a massive online rpg set in the Final Fantasy universe a la EverQuest or Anarchy Online. This combination equals instant addicition after one use ^^;

Although I gotta buy the PS2 LAN adapter for it >.<

Should get a cosplay.com guild going on it.....
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 10:29 AM   #6
katchoo
Gaming Angel

I heard it isn't coming to the US. Mostly because Sony's inability to release the hard drive for the Playstation 2. But over the next few months we will be bombarded with Final Fantasy choices, for Playstation2, Gamecube, and GBA. Looks like I am going to have to give up sleep. hehe
katchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 01:20 PM   #7
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

Squaresoft is apparently going to
show demos of FFXI at US-japan expo
(in a few weeks)...So if you are in the L.A. area you can come check it out.
Unread 11-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #8
Ohmi

I suggest everyone who wants it get the PC version.. no crappy slow down or flickering PS2 pixels ^^; (the pixel crawl is insanely bad) I played the final version at E3.. and thought it was OK apart from not being able to tell what the landscape was supposed to look like through all the pixel crawl ^^; I was walking up to this hill which I didn't know was there until I bumped into it @_@; 'course the downside to the PC version is that you need a good PC (I.E. GeForce 3 or better and a fast processor)
Unread 11-23-2002, 04:57 PM   #9
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

YES. PC Version. I am definatly getting it for PC when it comes out. Um... I hope my 64MB Radeon Mobile 2800 can take it >.<;
Good idea, Psyth3, we should do a cosplay.com guild ^^
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:13 PM   #10
Tifa
Target Locked

>< But I can't play PC games.. Oh well, I guess I wouldn't mind to much since I just don't think it looks or sounds interesting from what I've heard in magazine articles. Anybody hear about FFXII yet? I've already seen that one picture of the girl in the flowers, but I still don't know anything more about it yet.
Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 02:09 PM   #11
Miyu
Laurasaur!

ALIENWARE!!!

XD

speaking of good PC for gameplay.... ^^ lol. Alienware is the creme de la creme.
Miyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 02:51 PM   #12
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

well the only problim i have with 11 is the PS2 version, i don't think its worth all the crap you have to buy for your PS2.

since i don't have that great of a comp "meaning it wasen't made for gaming." I would have to wait to get the PC version. But i like the whole concept of 11. And im going to buy it but not right away.
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 06:40 PM   #13
Deathscythe
The Eternal Downer

Quote:
Originally posted by Alaria
lol, I heard the more you get into the game, the grander and more encompassing/addicting it becomes. And I have the soundtrack, which is really, really good!

And you know what? The more you get into the game, the more you pay.

Yes indeed folks. Apparently we are forgetting about most of the stuff you have to pay for.

I've read that for every additional character you make(the max is 2), you have to pay extra to have those characters. Hell, I've even heard about Japanese FF11 gamers(after beating the game, this is the estimate that the Japanese paid) paying at least $400.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay that much for this game. Leveling up is supposed to cost money as well from what I've also read.

Thank goodness for the PC version. But then again, I don't even feel like playing this game either. I think FF is a one-player experience.

--Pepito, SQUEE! #4
Deathscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 07:07 PM   #14
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

yes you have to pay for more characters, but thats it in the game. you don't have to acully pay for your weapons with a credit card.
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 07:26 PM   #15
Deathscythe
The Eternal Downer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
yes you have to pay for more characters, but thats it in the game. you don't have to acully pay for your weapons with a credit card.

Oh well, too bad its almost an impossibility for this game to come out stateside for the PS2. No thanks in part of our good friends at Sony who have decided to get lazy and not get the HDD drive out at full capacity rather than making them like what? 100 at a time?

--Pepito, SQUEE! #4
Deathscythe is offline   Reply With Quote