Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Alycone

Katja Von

Name of Commissioner: Katja Von

Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/katjavondesign and https://twitter.com/KatjaVonDesign

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Raskreia from Noblesse. Full costume not including boots.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: NA. Item not completed and/or sent.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Approximately one year, but the order is still not fully processed.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

I found her ad on Cosplay.com in 2013 and chose her because she had experience with historical costumes. I sent her an email for a costume quote on October 16th, 2013. We soon figured out a price, what I wanted her to do, and a deadline. I paid her $200 by Paypal with a planned deadline of "mid-December". We agreed that I wold pay the other $200 upon completion.

When it came to December, she was unable to make the deadline because of personal issues. I told her I could wait a bit longer for the costume. When she told me it was nearing completion and shipping time, I paid her $220 by Paypal to cover the other half and for shipping and insurance.

Katja was initially very helpful and positive in the emails and did send at least one progress photo. I heard nothing from her for a while after April 20, 2014. I continued to send monthly reminders and then sent an email with "Last Reminder" in the subject at some point. She replied to me on August 5, 2014, and I have not heard from her since.

She told me about some hardships, which I accepted. She told me she would mail the costume at the end of August. I told her I would be expecting either the package tracking number or an email explaining that she had further difficulties. I had to have one or the other, because having no contact was not acceptable. It is now nearly November and a year since the commission date.

As of yet, I have not received my costume or a refund or an email since August 5, 2014. My last email to her was on October 13, 2014.

In addition to the costume, I had also commissioned an additional $500 of work and paid an extra $20 for shipping and insurance (She said it was $40 but that she would pay half as an apology for being late) already paid for by Paypal, which means she is sitting on $920 of my money with no work to show for it.

I am not sure of what to do at this point. It has been a year since I paid her, so Paypal dispute and Credit card disputes are out.

Final Grade:

Update: She contacted me on October 31, 2014, and we are resolving the situation.

Last edited by Alycone : 11-02-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Update to Situation
Alycone is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #2
kittyxing

Thank you for posting this.

I was toying with the idea of sending her a commission request but now will def not.
kittyxing is offline   Reply With Quote