Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-21-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

BUYER BEWARE Ninbri aka Brilikesmoose

Hey everyone. So, I usually try and be a very neutral person because I'm to a point in life where I want to steer clear of drama but I felt the need to post this anyway. Sorry if it ends up being long.

So I purchased a Stocking cosplay from her very late February 27 (maybe around midnight February 28 actually). She charged $80 plus $12.50 shipping. Then, she never shipped it out. I didn't want to pester her, but asked her a few times when she would be able to ship. At first she was very nice and chatty, kept saying she would ship the next day. Then the next day turned into by the end of the week, then the post office was closed so it was going to be the beginning of the week. I waited until the end of the week (which was around 1 am this morning) and opened a Paypal case. I think waiting over 20 days was being patient enough. Over those 20+ days I did ask a few times for a refund if she couldn't ship.

I was stupid and not paying attention and paid through family and friends instead of goods. I admitted this to Paypal and told them I wasn't paying attention and I take fault for not sending payment for goods and services. I got online today and in my private messages I got a nasty message from her calling me a liar, telling me I lied to Paypal and she was being very passive aggressive. I told her to refund me and I'm tired of waiting, she told me I need to learn more about things and she would refund when she got paid. I told her that since I sent her money to ship, she should have instead of blowing my money. She just started playing victim and telling me to stop harassing her and I'll get my money when she gets paid, then blocked me.

Beware of her. Other people told me she did the same to them, one girl made a complaint on a FB cosplay group about her never shipping and she ended up verbally attacking the buyer and playing victim as usual.

Sorry for the long post. She will probably post here making me out to be a bad guy (I just want what I paid for, ya know?) She ended up refunding me but it's pending until March 25. Just be weary if you are commissioning her or buying something from her.

Upcoming cons: Anime Expo 2015

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend part dinosaur - One Piece 90%, Camie - One Piece 75% , Time skip Nami - One Piece 50% , Nami kigurumi - One Piece 75%
Korinnies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I hope you get your money back, especially if she never sent it.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
I hope you get your money back, especially if she never sent it.
Thanks, I hope so too. I really hope the payment clears (it said it should clear by the 25'th). I've never had a "pending" refund before. Apparently if the funds never get deposited, Paypal cancels the refund. So I'm just gonna keep the claim open until I see $$ in my account ::crosses fingers::

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend part dinosaur - One Piece 90%, Camie - One Piece 75% , Time skip Nami - One Piece 50% , Nami kigurumi - One Piece 75%
Unread 03-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Good thing you brought it up huh..Also, good thing I follow a LOT of threads on here (I was teh one that told her what Ninbri was like, and it's a good thing I did). I hope things work out and you get a better one anyway.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #5
ChaosFoxCostuming

I did a commission for her back in the past and she actually told me I was harassing her to at one point and made me out to be very bad until information was posted about the situation with proof. It's a long thread but yes I believe she does this. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ght=cosplayfox
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFoxCostuming View Post
I did a commission for her back in the past and she actually told me I was harassing her to at one point and made me out to be very bad until information was posted about the situation with proof. It's a long thread but yes I believe she does this. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ght=cosplayfox
Omg....This is funny..
Korinnies, that's the thread I was talking to you about in the messages..lol
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 03-23-2015, 03:07 AM   #7
Leslianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinnies View Post
Thanks, I hope so too. I really hope the payment clears (it said it should clear by the 25'th). I've never had a "pending" refund before. Apparently if the funds never get deposited, Paypal cancels the refund. So I'm just gonna keep the claim open until I see $$ in my account ::crosses fingers::
Every time I've been refunded, it takes several days to clear and be refunded and always states as "pending." I wouldn't worry about that part, honestly. It depends if it came straight from the PayPal account or the bank account. I'm sure you'll receive your refund if you talked to PayPal. I'm surprised they allowed you to open a claim being sent as "friends and family" though. Most the time, they just say sorry and don't help.
Leslianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #8
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Thanks for all the replies you guys. I wish I would have searched for her name before buying it so I wouldn't have had to go through this >.<

So, Paypal reviewed the claim and went in my favor. They said my money should be released by March 25. WELL, apparently ole' Ninbri didn't deposit her money so the payment declined. Now the "pending" status says April 7. I'm so upset. She blew my money (probably on more cosplays she will just end up wearing once then sell for more than it's worth).

Does anyone know what will happen if she never deposits money so the refund can't go through? Will Paypal just automatically take it out even if she doesn't have the funds in her account? (I remember having my funds taken out once and it put me into the negative.)

Last edited by Korinnies : 03-25-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Unread 03-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinnies View Post
Thanks for all the replies you guys. I wish I would have searched for her name before buying it so I wouldn't have had to go through this >.<

So, Paypal reviewed the claim and went in my favor. They said my money should be released by March 25. WELL, apparently ole' Ninbri didn't deposit her money so the payment declined. Now the "pending" status says April 7. I'm so upset. She blew my money (probably on more cosplays she will just end up wearing once then sell for more than it's worth).

Does anyone know what will happen if she never deposits money so the refund can't go through? Will Paypal just automatically take it out even if she doesn't have the funds in her account? (I remember having my funds taken out once and it put me into the negative.)
It shouldn't say that..Get ahold of paypal and see what's going on..If she doesn't have any money in her account, it should just take it from the bank account that's attached to her paypal account. If She has no money there either, tough shit, she can eat the overdraft fee. Her problem, not yours.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 03-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
It shouldn't say that..Get ahold of paypal and see what's going on..If she doesn't have any money in her account, it should just take it from the bank account that's attached to her paypal account. If She has no money there either, tough shit, she can eat the overdraft fee. Her problem, not yours.
Yeah, I agree. I'm going to call them this evening and see what's going on. She thinks that I wont get it until she deposits it (that's what I got from what she said at least in the screen shot.)

Unread 03-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Like Jei-Cos said, contacting PayPal will be your best bet.
She says she doesn't have money and that they won't "get anything" but PayPal will certainly find a way to get you your money since everything went in your favor.

Don't worry, you will get your money one way or another.

*Strawberry Shortcake - Sakizou (In progress! SO EXCITED!)
*Human!Charlotte the Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Making props!

Future Costume(s):
*Fawn!stuck Jade Harley - Homestuck, self-made design (Stored for future use)
*Rococo Princess - Sakizou

Completed Costumes:

Conventions I Attend/Will Be Attending:
*Animazement 2015

Milky Bubbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #12
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea, I bet they'd love to see that screenshot lol She is basically telling you that a refund is on HER schedules when SHE feels like it. That you and your time does not matter in the least to her. When you call, make sure you tell them you have proof that she is practicing extremely bad customer service, and they you feel the only way she will learn is to have her accound suspended. It will make it so she can not do ANY business through them. You are showing that she is not following policy first off, becasue she keeps up with the "friends and family" method, which is literally against policy, but she is also showing that her customers are of zero importance to her which is bad business practice and she should not be allowed to continue.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 03-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #13
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Yeahhhh it took her near a month to send a wig I bought with all the usual excuses. She got annoyed when I asked her when it would be sent (I needed it by a certain date).
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #14
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

Ive worked with her once, while she didnt give me a hassle when I asked her to help style a wig. when it was finished i asked for a tracking no. twice never got it. I did get my wig back but honestly, i feel like she didnt even style it at all