Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
simonwong30

Taiyo cosplay

should I be worried, that I order my asura kishin wig from taiyo Cosplay back in June-ish to be completed and shipped to me by October 31 and have not even received it yet?
I e-mailed them and communication was don't-so and they told me they were working on it would send me progression photos by early September..but still haven't heard or gotten anything from there.
If someone has ordered from them or if anyone could give me advice in what I should do that'll be great! Thanks in advance guys!
Simon
simonwong30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Is this a commissioner? Or a cosplay wholesale site? If it's a cosplay wholesale site, I can't say much, but they shouldn't "still be working on it", because those places don't work on them, they sell them and have them in a stockroom/warehouse so just send out, nothing to be done. If it's a commissioner, there is NO reason they should be taking this long. That's ridiculous. If this is it, did they start back in june when you paid? If they did, this is unacceptable as I too am a wig commissioner and people like this upset me. There's no reason this wig should take months..
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
simonwong30

He's a commisoner. And I only I paid half because I didn't want to want to be cheated out 150$. So, I still have to pay the other half it. I think he order the wig like right after I order it, so I think he started working on it july. At first, he said since I didn't need it until October, my wig was behind other people's cosplays that was order before me. So, I was ok with that.. Also, communication was decent when I emailed, he kept telling me it was being worked on, and he would send progression photos but he never did.

What I am worried about now is that with the dead line coming up I'm scared I might not get it in time. And I doubt I can tell pay pal about and see if I can even get a refund since its been so long. I guess I shall have to faith in him and he contacts me since I still owe him the other half of the cost. Anyways, do you have any advice on this matter? Thanks for reading this!
Simon
Unread 09-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
simonwong30

Also, his website seemed really credited so.. I gave him benefit of the doubt, and his work seems nice.. His website is taiyocosplay.com is where all his Work that he did for people is posted.
Unread 09-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
Mistyue

Hm, that's a tough one, but I think it's completely normal to be worried. When people commission me, I always give progress and WIP photos every week or every other week, depending on the type of commission. I like to talk through the progress with my customers too, so they know what's going on. Having not even progress shots between July-ish to now is too long, especially since Asura Kishin's wig shouldn't take that long. If I had to do something similar it would only take about a month to finish.

First ask and see if they have progress photos or at least a response as to why they haven't sent you any yet. It sounds like there's at least some communication, which is good. If there's no meaningful communication, then you're more likely to be in trouble.

Silkytail Wigs
bargains by cosplayers for cosplayers <3
silkytail.com

Mistyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
simonwong30

Yeah i emailed them too see whats going on..nothing yet. If they dont respond. Do you guys think paypal will give me my refund? Or will they say no since its been past 45 days?
Unread 09-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Mistyue

I'm sorry to hear that... It'll be tough, but you have nothing to lose if you contact Paypal and let them know the circumstances of your case. The worst they can do is just say no, which is basically what the status quo already is.

Silkytail Wigs
bargains by cosplayers for cosplayers <3
silkytail.com

Mistyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #8
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

i ordered a wig from them and i gave them a deadline. And i ended up getting it way ahead of my deadline. The shipping was fast too. So, this surprises me :/ maybe he has alot orders. i hope you get your stuff.
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
simonwong30

When did you place your order FLuffy? Thsts what he told me at first in August, thst he was behind in orders, than he told me didnt have alot of orders in sept. So, he have mine done soon..maybe ill just give more time and wait?
Unread 09-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

i think i ordered my wig in January and i got it in march. My deadline was end of july.
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #11
dnky99

I ordered a costume, and it never arrived. With PayPal's buyer protection I was able to get my money back. Will never order from them again. Advised my friends from it, too. :\
dnky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
AngelStern

I ordered a costume from Taiyo in December 2014 for Star Wars Celebration 2015 (April 2015 deadline). Deadline came and went. No costume. Communication was like pulling teeth and inconsistent in message. First I was told that all the pieces were done except for assembly in March. Then the designer had an emergency but they would still get it done in time. Then nothing. Then they would still honor the request with an open ended deadline which I was totally open to as the event had already passed and there was no rush.
July 15th they let me know that they were canceling the commission because they couldn't complete the costume in "a reasonable amount of time". They did refund my $588. I contacted them to tell them again that I had no problem waiting and received a very defensive and rude reply from the owner stating that their "sympathies lay elsewhere" (as in not with me) and complaining about being out the money they spent to buy the materials for the unfinished costume. Easy fix... finish it and keep my money. I was exceptionally patient and understanding throughout despite my bitter disappointment in missing out on Celebration and finally not getting anything for the months of angst.
Totally unprofessional at nearly every step of the way.
I know lots of people have had good transactions with them in the past but I tell you strongly enough to steer clear of this outfit. They are no longer taking commissions anyway.
AngelStern is offline   Reply With Quote