Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 01-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #1
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Talking A few websites

hi does anyone have experience with this website:
http://cosplaysky.com/captain-americ...s-cosplay.html
are they reliable , good quality etc. i wanted to buy the things in the link posted.
thanks a bunch

how about these websites as well:

https://www.fjackets.com/buy/Bucky-W...cket-Vest.html
http://newleatherjacket.com/Winter-S...es-Vest-Jacket

thanks
Anime Boston 2016
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
Narutoking

If I were you I stick with cosplay commissioner that have some review in this site.
Check this thread My Cosplay Shop favorite is Cosplay1.com , Hello and LOL
Unread 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
Kiramay
Filthy Casual

Most any of the websites like that that sell pre-made costume/have a costume inventory are hit or miss. I've really wanted to buy a certain costume preowned but I've been too scared based on such the variety of reviews on any of those kind of sites.
There's really no way to tell if what you get will be accurate or even look like the picture (they often use "the town bicycle" stock photos that are EVERYWHERE and aren't actually photos of their product). The quality is usually not amazing, but sometimes is acceptable. It's an at your own risk sort of thing and there isn't much to be done about it.
Princess Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)
Kiramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiramay View Post
Most any of the websites like that that sell pre-made costume/have a costume inventory are hit or miss. I've really wanted to buy a certain costume preowned but I've been too scared based on such the variety of reviews on any of those kind of sites.
There's really no way to tell if what you get will be accurate or even look like the picture (they often use "the town bicycle" stock photos that are EVERYWHERE and aren't actually photos of their product). The quality is usually not amazing, but sometimes is acceptable. It's an at your own risk sort of thing and there isn't much to be done about it.
This is true. Very true.

The way these places work are not making them when you send the order in lik ethey tell you they do. This is a lie to make it so that you will buy it from them. What they ACTUALLY do is look at your measurements, then look at the measurements of the general sizes they have (small, medium, large, etc.) and they make sure that the smallest fitting area will still fit you. So like on pants, they make sure you can pull them over your hips, and they look at nothing else) then they pick that size of the piece and move onto the next piece. So you might get a medium pants with a large shirt, but the measurements will not match yours. they will match whatever size they gave you based on their chart of sizing. They also take their time getting the pieces to you so that it feels like they are making it custom for you so that they can keep up with the custom order lie they tell so that you can't do anything about it with the authorities. This is why I always urge people to commission someone instead (making sure you do your research of course).
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-IF (Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth:1)
-Gohan (GBZ SSJ1 Cell Saga beat Up)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #5
CFHinLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
This is true. Very true.

The way these places work are not making them when you send the order in lik ethey tell you they do. This is a lie to make it so that you will buy it from them. What they ACTUALLY do is look at your measurements, then look at the measurements of the general sizes they have (small, medium, large, etc.) and they make sure that the smallest fitting area will still fit you. So like on pants, they make sure you can pull them over your hips, and they look at nothing else) then they pick that size of the piece and move onto the next piece. So you might get a medium pants with a large shirt, but the measurements will not match yours. they will match whatever size they gave you based on their chart of sizing. They also take their time getting the pieces to you so that it feels like they are making it custom for you so that they can keep up with the custom order lie they tell so that you can't do anything about it with the authorities. This is why I always urge people to commission someone instead (making sure you do your research of course).
Just to second this, I bought a costume for my wife with "custom" measurements. The items were certainly CLOSE but not true custom. If you go into the purchase process with this in mind, you should be fine. Remember you can make something smaller but not larger. Be EXTRA CAREFUL with shoes. I've had nothing but hell when it comes to shoes. Take photos of your foot with a ruler next to your foot and I'd also suggest you have a ruler with milimeter measurements since you are buying from China.
CFHinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
xIkuna

If you have the money, do commission from a commissioner. They absolutely do a better job BUT if you don't have the money, China costumes are the way to go.

I've heard pretty good things about skycostumes, I know they pretty much use their own pictures, so they have that going for them. I've never owned anything from them, but my guess is that they're pretty standred in the China cosplay sites.

Cosplays:
Winter Schnee- RWBY
Laurel Lance (Black Canary)- Arrow

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote