Unread 03-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Havalok

Cosplay Asylum Review

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Asylum
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplayasylum.com
Character commissioned: Green Lantern-Elvis Full Costume
Links to picture(s): N/A
Timeline: Nov 2016 - March 2017
Describe your Experience: This was my second attempt to get this costume commissioned, as the first attempt stopped responding before we could settle details. Cospaly Asylum had a professional website and asked appropriate questions. We agreed a on a price, timeline, and materials. I paid in full up front (Red Flag) over Google Wallet (Red Flag) in mid Nov. Still I received several more e-mails with questions and status updates thru Dec. Jan 3 2017 was told materials had arrived and patterns were complete so work could begin and pics would follow shortly. Never heard anything more from them despite sending emails and Facebook Messages throughout Feb and March. Then I found this website and saw similar reviews to my experience with them. It was an expensive lesson for me.

I want to make sure nobody else falls for their scam.

Final Grade: F
Havalok is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
Melting Jupiter

Open a dispute. If you paid with credit card through google wallet, you need to file a chargeback NOW.
Melting Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
Havalok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Jupiter View Post
Open a dispute. If you paid with credit card through google wallet, you need to file a chargeback NOW.
Yeah I tried Google Wallet and am still trying thru the bank but because of the fake status updates too much time passed for any automatic protection to cover me. Still, I'm trying and I appreciate the feedback.
Unread 03-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Havalok

Update: Cosplay Asylum has finally contacted me after almost 12 weeks of silence. Oddly, the contacted me under a new name. Initial conversations were with LanaLovegod<admin>@cosplayasylum.com. The new email has come from AlannaDawn<admin>@cosplayasylum.com. They claim to have been very busy with Cons, industry work, a hospitalization, and a dead dog and apologized for the frustration and concerns. They claim they will have the costume completed by the end of the first week of next month. I have asked for a firm completion date and pics of work so far as I'm not sure I'm buying all of this. I guess we'll know for sure in abut 2 weeks. I would love to be wrong and have my costume in hand but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Unread 04-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
Melting Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havalok View Post
Update: Cosplay Asylum has finally contacted me after almost 12 weeks of silence. Oddly, the contacted me under a new name. Initial conversations were with LanaLovegod<admin>@cosplayasylum.com. The new email has come from AlannaDawn<admin>@cosplayasylum.com. They claim to have been very busy with Cons, industry work, a hospitalization, and a dead dog and apologized for the frustration and concerns. They claim they will have the costume completed by the end of the first week of next month. I have asked for a firm completion date and pics of work so far as I'm not sure I'm buying all of this. I guess we'll know for sure in abut 2 weeks. I would love to be wrong and have my costume in hand but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
F*uck their excuses, if they have time to go to cons they can finish your cosplay.
Melting Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #6
vonjankmon

Looks like your attempts to file a complaint may have gotten their attention. I would not let up unless provide solid evidence that they are actually making a good will effort to complete your order.
vonjankmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
xIkuna

Duuuuuuude. CosplayAsylum is a KNOWN scammer, don't listen to them, get your money back as soon as you can. I'm sure you can find other reviews of them on here. They will take your money!!

Cosplays:
Jeanne d'Are- Fate/Apocrypha
Pike Trickfoot- Critical Role

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote