Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #91
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

I am the new keeper for the Commissioner Review Thread 2.0! Check it out!
Crystalsetsuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #92
Wolfmeisterrr

Okay, I have a few reviews to do haven't gotten around to them

but here they are

Name of Commissioner:TheCosplayFox

Character commissioned- Wig From Pokemon x and y female trainer or in otherwords Serena

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item-Will Post later

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- January-May My dead line was far but she said she would take a month to do it but it actually wasnt to me for about 3 months.

Describe your Experience. The communication was good in the beginning but sort of fell short middle - end. Anyway I was disappointed and unsatisfied with the result. The wig and labor and everything cost 70. I paid 50 upfront. SO I owed only 20. Everything was going good until a month past and it was hard to communicate with her but she had I guess personal issues going on so I guess that was fine. But when the wig got to me I was very disappointed in the craftsmanship and work on the wig it was tangled and all over the place even on a wig head, the box it came in was a bit damaged but the wig had a ton, of tangles. Anyhow I voiced how I requested wig clips to be sewn into the wig but that didn't happen. The good news is she refunded me 15 dollars for the trouble but then said I only paid half when I paid clearly more than half. In the end I didn't use the wig at all. I offered to pay her the rest of the payment but she didn't want it which was also a positive

Pros, Good communication in the beginning, ships out product, takes responsibility
for mistakes.

Cons, Poor quality work on wig, lack of communication middle - end

Comments. I have seen this girls work and I do think she is a good commissioner, it just unfortunately did not happen with my wig. Felt like it was just rushed or forgot about. But I do commend her for getting my product to me and refunded me a little bit back.

Final Grade: C-

Last edited by Wolfmeisterrr : 07-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #93
Wolfmeisterrr

Next one

Name of Commissioner-S-Xasus

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)- Eevee Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...us-d7hg7om.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- April- May

Describe your Experience. Honestly everything went so smooth. It was refreshing to work with such professionalism, and good craftmanship. She is so easy going and is right there to ease any worries you have and will get you the item on time.

Pros, - Great Communication, Easy to work with, Great quality of work, Sends lots of pictures, Quick at changing thing if you asked them to me. Reasonably priced

Cons, - None

Comments. I will definitely stick with this girl for future wig commission. I would recommend her for any one looking for a reliable yet good work commissioner.

Final Grade: A+
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #94
RHatake
Wig and Prop Commissioner

Hi, would it also be possible to have this review posted: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...63#post4550363 from the old thread.
RHatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #95
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

Unread 08-13-2014, 02:04 AM   #96
VampireHugs21
Cosplayer/Photographer

edit

But vampires don't hug...

Last edited by VampireHugs21 : 08-13-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: being harassed
VampireHugs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #97
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Name of Commissioner: Coslifestudios
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/CoslifeStudios?ref=br_tf
Character commissioned and series/video game: Baby 5 from One Piece. Full costume.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://tinypic.com/r/fazask/8 (right)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid December, received in March.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:Nao is very good with communicating and very nice and helpful. I sent her a duct tape bodice so she knew my exact measurements but when I got the cosplay, it was way too big (I was extremely ill and lost around 20 lbs). She let me come to her and she took my measurements. She sent it back to me and it fit SO well! I loved it. She even came and found me at Anime Expo because I forgot to tell her she had my apron, which was really nice of her. Their pricing is great and workmanship is awesome. No cons.
Final Grade:A+

Upcoming cons: Anime California 2014, Anime LA 2015, Anime Expo 2015

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend half dinosaur - One Piece 45%, Ryuko Matoi- Kill La Kill , Rebecca- One Piece 20%
Korinnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #98
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Name of commissioner: Uniquecreator
Character commissioned and series: Kakashi from Naruto's vest. Partial costume.
Links to pictures of commissioned item: http://tinypic.com/r/nxonc7/8 (sorry I don't have any better or serious photos)
Timeline: Paid first half around January 30th, received it around May 16.
Describe your experience: She is SO professional! Very kind and so easy to work with. She does not send photos until the item is done or about done (because honestly, some stuff just doesn't look right while being made, and some people would probably freak out saying it's all wrong). I totally didn't mind this and trusted her 100% due to all of her positive reviews. She has very reasonable prices and her skills are amazing. She used the best material and it is EXTREMELY comfy. It is quite tight due to my chest being large but that's my fault for not telling her my cup size, and only telling her my bust size. She made it so the scroll pouches on the front of the vest open up, so I totally stashed makeup and toiletries in them LOL. I will definitely have her commission something for me again!
Final grade: A+++++++ definitely recommend!

Upcoming cons: Anime California 2014, Anime LA 2015, Anime Expo 2015

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend half dinosaur - One Piece 45%, Ryuko Matoi- Kill La Kill , Rebecca- One Piece 20%
Korinnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #99
khaden

Name of Commissioner: Chaos Fox Costuming

Website: http://chaosfoxcostuming.deviantart.com/?rnrd=115441

Character commissioned- Wig From FF13-2 Snow Villiers

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- Will Post later but this can be seen on her website if curious

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Took less than 2 months including shipping, hold up for while giving her extra details about commission, and checking and approving final work. Submitted the request first on June. 25th received it near the end of July. Deadline was August 21st, 2014

Describe your Experience. The communication was great throughout the entire order. I was very satisfied with the end result and showed pictures to make sure I was happy with the end result. The product was shipped out in a timely manner and when I opened it everything had been packaged with a lot of care, came in perfect condition. The quality of the wig was great and will definitely consider her for future commissions.

Pros: Great communication, Attention to detail and confirmation/progress pictures, Shipped out timely and well packed, Quickly makes changes and adjusts as necessary, easy to work with

Cons: N/A

Comments: Very happy with my experience. Would definitely recommend to another cosplayer looking for a commission.

Final Grade: A

Last edited by khaden : 08-21-2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Wrong Name Cosplay name =/= email name
khaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #100
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

Name of Commissioner
Cosplaymandy

Website
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=284222

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Twisted Fate from League of Legends, boots only

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

http://i.imgur.com/aPWbte8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4mSjVrC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MBJBB9r.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

July 16 - August 20

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

I commissioned these boots in July. Responses to my emails were swift and polite. I received regular updates on the status of the boots. In the first status update, I pointed out that the buckles were missing from the boots, and about a week later they were added, but they are not functional. While the end result hurts the realism(it is still, after all, a boot), My reference pictures did not show the straps and buckles on the boots very well, so I consider that an oversight on my part. I accepted the boots with the non-functioning buckles. They were delivered within five days of making the last payment, which is amazing considering they were shipped from halfway across the globe.

However, the boots are too small. My feet barely fit into them, and I cannot zip them up past my calves with pants beneath. I double- and triple-checked my measurements, made sure I specified my gender. I didn't miss anything. It might have been useful to provide a measurement of the circumference of my leg at the calf, but I was not asked to do so, and unfortunately I do not consider that an oversight on my part. I don't have unreasonably large calves. Also, the buckles that would've been there should also have been the fastening mechanism, rather than a zipper along the back. It's not a catastrophic loss. The costume demands wearing the pants beneath the boot, not over, but the costume also demands jeans instead of sweat pants, which is what I tested the boots with in the picture. When I tried wearing the boots with pants over the boot, I was able to zip them up completely after shoving my calves into them, so there is room for improvement on my part. I am going to work out to lose enough weight from my calves that I can fit in the boots in time for the convention. The quality of the boots is high, with only some barely-noticeable asymmetry that no one will care about at a con.

The quality of service was high, the delivery was swift, and I wanted so badly to give Mandy an A, but my inability to wear the boots prevents me from doing so. I still recommend her, but make sure your reference pictures for boots leave as little to the imagination as possible.

Pros:

+Extremely swift delivery
+Polite, responsive service
+Quality materials
+End product accurate in appearance

Cons:

-End product does not fit
-Slightly nonsensical design; non-functioning buckles with zipper instead of just functioning buckles

Final Grade: B

Next up? This guy!

ETC: AnimeNEXT 2015

Last edited by Saltpeter : 08-21-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #101
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

Unread 09-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #102
Feysera

Name of Commissioner: Kynessent
Website/C.com gallery: http://kynessent.deviantart.com/jour...ions-409256852
Character commissioned and series/video game: Batgirl utility belt + thigh pouches (Stephanie Brown ver.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Here

Timeline: About two and a half months of communicating, construction, and shipping to me.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Kynessent is very friendly and polite to communicate with. Her updates and emails are regular. She makes sure you are happy with the materials she uses, and gets your opinion on any changes needed. If she can't make do with anything during the construction process, she lets you know ASAP and tries her best to work her way around it so you can be satisfied. I LOVE the final product. 8D

Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #103
momomilk

Name of Commissioner: Ayase Shin Cosplays
http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: SnK Lolita http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...644667c6c9.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: https://www.facebook.com/AyaseShinCo...=page_internal (Scroll down to around April 6-17). First SnK Lolita (not the recent ones)
Timeline: January 2014 - September 2014
Commissioned her in Jan, deadline March 31st. Received April 18th. Sent items to get fixed mid-May. Was told shipped Aug 22. Never received and no communication

Describe your experience: Horrible. She didn't start making my item until April 4/5th-ish. I would keep in contact with her every now and then to see how things were going. Really started to get worried when I got no updates early March. Told me she'd get it done and to trust her. 2 weeks before my deadline, asked her how things were going and she said she'd get to it. She never did. It wasn't until I started complaining about it and asking for a refund did she start to work on it and this was basically 10-14 days before my con. All she had done was a freaking petticoat since the end of January and that's all she had up until April. The petticoat didn't even look like it was even worked on.

Since she missed my deadline (March 31st), I asked for a refund instead since she didn't make anything yet but she said no refunds cause it's her policy, forced me/practically threatened me to make the final payment or else, I wouldn't get the costume. It's either pay up for a costume I might get or lose money.

The cosplay was rushed, and poorly made. You can't tell but it was poor. The belts were uneven and she just attached safety pins to the waist skirt. Parts of the cloaks were not lined or sewn in. She offered to fix it, sent it back mid-may. (Why did I even bother doing that? I mean, I was already having issues). Asked her every 1-2 weeks for updates, told me she'd ship it a week after AX (around July 10 or so) but she wasn't even finished and kept making excuses. And finally, told me she sent it out 8.22 and it should arrive shortly, but till this day, I have not received it and she has been ignoring me despite the fact she updates her Facebook page. This has also happened to several others as well as I posted a review on a group on FB.

She's a liar, makes too many excuses, poor craftsmanship and time management, missed my deadline many times, ignored my messages, stole my money and I don't care what others say, but she's a scammer cause I only got 2 items from the 7-8 piece set costume I'm supposed to have. She also did not make the jacket for me even though she said she would. She gave me a discount cause she was late, but then told me she won't make the jacket because she gave me a discount which I never agreed to or said anything about. But she then told me that she'd make me the jacket after con but afterwards, flipped her words and said I won't get it unless I pay extra. Screw that. It was frustrating, and irritating having to deal with her and I swear, she doesn't read my messages or ignores my comments. Also posted to her FB page, which she deleted my post to.

Final Grade: F-

Last edited by momomilk : 10-08-2014 at 05:46 PM.
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #104
Rinoa_324

Name of Commissioner: Chaos Fox Costuming
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rinoa Heartilly from Final Fantasy VIII
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:http://chaosfoxcostuming.deviantart.com/ and the wig on her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChaosFoxCos.../photos_stream pics of me in it coming soon!
Timeline: July-August
Describe your Experience: I posted my ad for rinoa back at the beginning of July, and I needed by August 15th, Chaosfox contacted me through email that she could work on it, which I was glad, I have worked with her before and she does amazing work. At first it was just the cosplay outfit (fit a little big but that's my fault for losing weight >.<) but then later on she asked me if I wanted the wig, and I agreed, it was for a good price. Although she had things going on, which I understand she still delivered my outfit to me on time! I didn't get the wig on time but it was ok because I used my actual hair for it, and I did get the wig this week, and I love it! She did an amazing job on it! And even braded it so it wouldn't get tangled. Although she didn't meet my deadline for the wig. I would still work with her because her work is amazing and she keeps in touch.
Rinoa_324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2014, 04:35 AM   #105
ctswaim

Name of Commissioner: JD's Cosplay
Gallery:s567.photobucket.com/user/JDscosplay/library/
Character:AzBats (Azrael Batman) from 90's Batman story arc, "Knightfall"
Pictures:IMG_7545.JPG IMG_7547.JPG
Timeline:June 12th - September 13th
Experience:I commissioned Nic for AzBats' gauntlets, which are complicated, frustrating pieces to approach. From the start, Nic was a very pleasant, polite person to work with. He was very open to suggestions and gave thorough reasoning for his budget. He typically didn't communicate or give updates unless I spurred him to, but when I did, he was honest and descriptive. Unfortunately, he did miss my initial deadline, but it was only because he wanted to redo them after being unhappy with his first go at them. I was not charged any more for this. I received them, and found them to be very securely packed and carefully wrapped. Upon trying them on, they fit like a glove. *roll on snare drum* They look absolutely gorgeous. The pictures do them no justice.
Final Grade:A- Missed the deadline, but definitely made up for it in quality and craftsmanship.

Last edited by ctswaim : 09-29-2014 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Added dates :)
ctswaim is offline   Reply With Quote