Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #91
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

I am the new keeper for the Commissioner Review Thread 2.0! Check it out!
Crystalsetsuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #92
Wolfmeisterrr

Okay, I have a few reviews to do haven't gotten around to them

but here they are

Name of Commissioner:TheCosplayFox

Character commissioned- Wig From Pokemon x and y female trainer or in otherwords Serena

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item-Will Post later

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- January-May My dead line was far but she said she would take a month to do it but it actually wasnt to me for about 3 months.

Describe your Experience. The communication was good in the beginning but sort of fell short middle - end. Anyway I was disappointed and unsatisfied with the result. The wig and labor and everything cost 70. I paid 50 upfront. SO I owed only 20. Everything was going good until a month past and it was hard to communicate with her but she had I guess personal issues going on so I guess that was fine. But when the wig got to me I was very disappointed in the craftsmanship and work on the wig it was tangled and all over the place even on a wig head, the box it came in was a bit damaged but the wig had a ton, of tangles. Anyhow I voiced how I requested wig clips to be sewn into the wig but that didn't happen. The good news is she refunded me 15 dollars for the trouble but then said I only paid half when I paid clearly more than half. In the end I didn't use the wig at all. I offered to pay her the rest of the payment but she didn't want it which was also a positive

Pros, Good communication in the beginning, ships out product, takes responsibility
for mistakes.

Cons, Poor quality work on wig, lack of communication middle - end

Comments. I have seen this girls work and I do think she is a good commissioner, it just unfortunately did not happen with my wig. Felt like it was just rushed or forgot about. But I do commend her for getting my product to me and refunded me a little bit back.

Final Grade: C-

Last edited by Wolfmeisterrr : 07-28-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #93
Wolfmeisterrr

Next one

Name of Commissioner-S-Xasus

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)- Eevee Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...us-d7hg7om.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- April- May

Describe your Experience. Honestly everything went so smooth. It was refreshing to work with such professionalism, and good craftmanship. She is so easy going and is right there to ease any worries you have and will get you the item on time.

Pros, - Great Communication, Easy to work with, Great quality of work, Sends lots of pictures, Quick at changing thing if you asked them to me. Reasonably priced

Cons, - None

Comments. I will definitely stick with this girl for future wig commission. I would recommend her for any one looking for a reliable yet good work commissioner.

Final Grade: A+
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 03:08 AM   #94
RHatake
Wig and Prop Commissioner

Hi, would it also be possible to have this review posted: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...63#post4550363 from the old thread.
RHatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #95
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

Unread 08-13-2014, 01:04 AM   #96
VampireHugs21
Cosplayer/Photographer

edit

But vampires don't hug...

Last edited by VampireHugs21 : 08-13-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: being harassed
VampireHugs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 04:15 AM   #97
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Name of Commissioner: Coslifestudios
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/CoslifeStudios?ref=br_tf
Character commissioned and series/video game: Baby 5 from One Piece. Full costume.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://tinypic.com/r/fazask/8 (right)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid December, received in March.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:Nao is very good with communicating and very nice and helpful. I sent her a duct tape bodice so she knew my exact measurements but when I got the cosplay, it was way too big (I was extremely ill and lost around 20 lbs). She let me come to her and she took my measurements. She sent it back to me and it fit SO well! I loved it. She even came and found me at Anime Expo because I forgot to tell her she had my apron, which was really nice of her. Their pricing is great and workmanship is awesome. No cons.
Final Grade:A+

Upcoming cons: Anime California 2014, Anime LA 2015, Anime Expo 2015

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend half dinosaur - One Piece 45%, Ryuko Matoi- Kill La Kill , Rebecca- One Piece 20%
Korinnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #98
Korinnies
Pirate Kween!

Name of commissioner: Uniquecreator
Character commissioned and series: Kakashi from Naruto's vest. Partial costume.
Links to pictures of commissioned item: http://tinypic.com/r/nxonc7/8 (sorry I don't have any better or serious photos)
Timeline: Paid first half around January 30th, received it around May 16.
Describe your experience: She is SO professional! Very kind and so easy to work with. She does not send photos until the item is done or about done (because honestly, some stuff just doesn't look right while being made, and some people would probably freak out saying it's all wrong). I totally didn't mind this and trusted her 100% due to all of her positive reviews. She has very reasonable prices and her skills are amazing. She used the best material and it is EXTREMELY comfy. It is quite tight due to my chest being large but that's my fault for not telling her my cup size, and only telling her my bust size. She made it so the scroll pouches on the front of the vest open up, so I totally stashed makeup and toiletries in them LOL. I will definitely have her commission something for me again!
Final grade: A+++++++ definitely recommend!

Upcoming cons: Anime California 2014, Anime LA 2015, Anime Expo 2015

Next cosplays: X Drake genderbend half dinosaur - One Piece 45%, Ryuko Matoi- Kill La Kill , Rebecca- One Piece 20%
Korinnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #99
khaden

Name of Commissioner: Chaos Fox Costuming

Website: http://chaosfoxcostuming.deviantart.com/?rnrd=115441

Character commissioned- Wig From FF13-2 Snow Villiers

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- Will Post later but this can be seen on her website if curious

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Took less than 2 months including shipping, hold up for while giving her extra details about commission, and checking and approving final work. Submitted the request first on June. 25th received it near the end of July. Deadline was August 21st, 2014

Describe your Experience. The communication was great throughout the entire order. I was very satisfied with the end result and showed pictures to make sure I was happy with the end result. The product was shipped out in a timely manner and when I opened it everything had been packaged with a lot of care, came in perfect condition. The quality of the wig was great and will definitely consider her for future commissions.

Pros: Great communication, Attention to detail and confirmation/progress pictures, Shipped out timely and well packed, Quickly makes changes and adjusts as necessary, easy to work with

Cons: N/A

Comments: Very happy with my experience. Would definitely recommend to another cosplayer looking for a commission.

Final Grade: A

Last edited by khaden : 08-21-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Wrong Name Cosplay name =/= email name
khaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #100
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

Name of Commissioner
Cosplaymandy

Website
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=284222

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Twisted Fate from League of Legends, boots only

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

http://i.imgur.com/aPWbte8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4mSjVrC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MBJBB9r.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

July 16 - August 20

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

I commissioned these boots in July. Responses to my emails were swift and polite. I received regular updates on the status of the boots. In the first status update, I pointed out that the buckles were missing from the boots, and about a week later they were added, but they are not functional. While the end result hurts the realism(it is still, after all, a boot), My reference pictures did not show the straps and buckles on the boots very well, so I consider that an oversight on my part. I accepted the boots with the non-functioning buckles. They were delivered within five days of making the last payment, which is amazing considering they were shipped from halfway across the globe.

However, the boots are too small. My feet barely fit into them, and I cannot zip them up past my calves with pants beneath. I double- and triple-checked my measurements, made sure I specified my gender. I didn't miss anything. It might have been useful to provide a measurement of the circumference of my leg at the calf, but I was not asked to do so, and unfortunately I do not consider that an oversight on my part. I don't have unreasonably large calves. Also, the buckles that would've been there should also have been the fastening mechanism, rather than a zipper along the back. It's not a catastrophic loss. The costume demands wearing the pants beneath the boot, not over, but the costume also demands jeans instead of sweat pants, which is what I tested the boots with in the picture. When I tried wearing the boots with pants over the boot, I was able to zip them up completely after shoving my calves into them, so there is room for improvement on my part. I am going to work out to lose enough weight from my calves that I can fit in the boots in time for the convention. The quality of the boots is high, with only some barely-noticeable asymmetry that no one will care about at a con.

The quality of service was high, the delivery was swift, and I wanted so badly to give Mandy an A, but my inability to wear the boots prevents me from doing so. I still recommend her, but make sure your reference pictures for boots leave as little to the imagination as possible.

Pros:

+Extremely swift delivery
+Polite, responsive service
+Quality materials
+End product accurate in appearance

Cons:

-End product does not fit
-Slightly nonsensical design; non-functioning buckles with zipper instead of just functioning buckles

Final Grade: B

Costume Plan

The planning phase is over, the time for action has arrived! Talk to me like someone who is more eager than studious, but HAS done his research outside of his questions! The next challenge is to make the armor look like leather, or to make the pouch!

NEXT RANK: Add padding/styling to shoulder armor OR make the leather card pouch

Last edited by Saltpeter : 08-21-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #101
Crystalsetsuna
Crazy Beardie Lady

Thread has been updated!

Unread 09-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #102
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Name of Commissioner: Kynessent
Website/C.com gallery: http://kynessent.deviantart.com/jour...ions-409256852
Character commissioned and series/video game: Batgirl utility belt + thigh pouches (Stephanie Brown ver.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Here

Timeline: About two and a half months of communicating, construction, and shipping to me.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Kynessent is very friendly and polite to communicate with. Her updates and emails are regular. She makes sure you are happy with the materials she uses, and gets your opinion on any changes needed. If she can't make do with anything during the construction process, she lets you know ASAP and tries her best to work her way around it so you can be satisfied. I LOVE the final product. 8D

Final Grade: A+
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote