Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-24-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
Impishremorse
~*Jellybean rider*~

Unhappy !help!

As akon approaches im hearing more and more fun things to do and go to and such .. but mom freaked when i asked to split a room with my friends and stay out the full three days without her "its not you i dont trust its them" so can someone pleassssse help me compile a list of 15 yr old friendly events and will anyone join my little group of friends im thinking if i pull the safety in numbers card and have a list of places ill be and such shell be nicer and umm far asa room i live 30-50 min from the con and that sucks so how do i get her to let me stay in dallas somehow (and how) even if you dont answer thanks for listening and putting up with my run on (sentence??) thanks
- Jasmine
Impishremorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2004, 01:48 AM   #2
kirineko
ninja of the night

Hey, the Jpop room is full of fun, family oriented events! :O

Friday, we have our own cosplay at 3pm. And then, of course, there are the concerts! :O That will at least hold you until midnight. (yes, they will last that long)
and afterwards, we'll be holding a dance! No alcohol either! Just dancing, and fun!

Saturday is the autograph sessions for the bands, and we are also holding a Lolita Picnic at 1pm, right next to the hotel! And then there's the masquerade, which goes from 6p to 10pm....or there's the EGL fashion show, at 9pm. There's a dance afterwards, there might be another concert, and Saturday night, we have Visual Kei night, where we show lots of great fun Japanese videos, and stay up allll night long.
And that is going to last until 6am.

There will DEFINITELY be lots of people at each of these events.

And well, as for staying at the con...she COULD come with you. :O I'd let you stay in my room (as I am very much an adult, a staff head, and a pretty well respect person all around) however...I can't, because it's for staff only. >>

But really..point out that the concerts end at midnight on Friday at the EARLIEST, and you just HAVE TO GO, and does she REALLY want you driving that late at night? Certainly, it'd be safer for you to stay in the hotel, with all of the security people, not just hotel, but con security as well. Unless she REEEEEEEALLY wants to come get you at 2am ^_~

Oh, and for educational stuff, the Crow Art Museum is right across the street from the hotel, and the hotel is like two blocks from the Grassy Knoll, and the Book depository museum, so, you can also tell her that you plan to take in some EDUCATIONAL sight seeing.
kirineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #3
Impishremorse
~*Jellybean rider*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirineko
Unless she REEEEEEEALLY wants to come get you at 2am ^_~
Shes like 54 and 2 am dosent exist to her also we live in Arlington so itsa bit of a drive and she gets pissy thinking about driving me there and back on a normal hour shift
Impishremorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Xenocore

yah... i used to have the same problem.
all you have to do is be GOOD, and nice to everone, and ask her nicley and well. that should help you out some, and then mention some other things like: ill have a phone on me at all times, and ill never be alone. and stuff like that, mom's like re-insurance.
that should help you out a bit. you can also just keep asking. like if she says she's thinking about it, ask the next day, but ask like..."SO.. have you made up your mind yet about the convention?" and so on. but only ask once a day.
(mind you when i was your age i always had a curfew of like 12 am but i got around it and got it to like 3am, it sounds like our moms are alike )
but just as long as you dont lie to her, you should be fine. just tell her the truth and dont be like"ill always be in the hotel....
mom's can see threw it... i gaurantee it.
Xenocore is offline   Reply With Quote