Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Closed Thread
Unread 04-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Sakuracon 2004 Pictures

Hey everyone!

I'm back from Sakuracon & the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade (back home in San Francisco, so my apologies for not being there to take pictures of anyone who cosplayed on Sakuracon-Sunday. I'm slowly in the process of posting pictures despite having a very busy & hectic weekend, but I got a lot of pictures, and you can check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...a6a4bd97bf74ff

My apologies if I didn't get pictures of your costume(s), since the convention got very crowded, and sometimes it's hard to get pictures of almost every cosplayer which I try for.. I'll be posting pictures each night after work, and I can get about 250-300 pictures per weeknight, so PLEASE BE PATIENT as I post these pics, which totalled about 2500-2600 pictures. Thanks to my friends who I took photoshoots of (hence why you'll see multiple-shots of the same cosplayer) and everyone who posed for pictures. Enjoy!!

NOTE: Please comment here on THIS thread, and if you have your pictures posted on your own website or member galleries, post the link HERE. DO NOT make up a new thread saying your pictures are up, as with the Anime Boston picture thread, Admin will edit the first post and list everyone who has pictures posted and DELETE any threads of any new threads that go up, saying that your pictures are online. Thanks!

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 04-25-2004 at 09:36 PM.

Unread 04-25-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Riko
>.<

Aight, mine will be up soon after I get the rest from my friend's camera.
Who won the hallway contest?
Unread 04-25-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
TeamRocketFan

Great Pics Eurobeat King...keep em' coming
Unread 04-26-2004, 09:22 AM   #4
DJSayaka
straight up neko hardcore

I posted all my pics and my story on the Sakuracon LJ community (http://www.livejournal.com/community...con/64597.html).

I don't think I have very many that aren't my friends, but if you're there, let me know and I'll name you instead of saying "Tifa" or "badass sword guy" or whatever.

--Kristin

Last edited by DJSayaka : 04-26-2004 at 09:27 AM.
Unread 04-26-2004, 03:46 PM   #5
sushi glomper
Master of the Negaverse!

I appologize for not returning in my race queen costume Saterday night. I was really upset about being ditched by my booty shaking dance partner- and basically about how a lot of the day went- I was stressed, upset and teary eyed- no position to have pics taken anyway. At least we got some though. *GLOMPS* thank you!
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

sushiglomper: Hey, no worries! I'm glad I got a couple of pics of the 4 of you in your racer costumes, as well as 1 or 2 with you 4. Since those were among the LAST pics I took at Sakuracon, they'll take a while as I post about 200-300 per night.. So I hope you like them when they go up. What else did you cosplay this past weekend, btw? I think I got a pic of you wearing a blue, kitty costume?
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
Viko Arts

Viko wants to apologise for not meeting you on Saturday night as well. ;-; Will you be at Anime Evolution?
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #8
ClearTranquil
Saving the Sig-less

I'm going to Anime Evolution! Will there be a forum section/topic made for people going so we can meet up? Possibly create a cast?
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

VikoArts: No problem if I missed you Saturday night. I saw Sihaya and her group in line for the rave, and I should've gotten a big group pic of you then, but I forgot to.. And I waited outside the rave until around 1:30am to say good-bye to my friends that I knew, and get those sad goodbye pics, since I had to get up around 5am.. I don't think I'll be going to Anime Evolution, but there's always Yaoicon 2004 if all of you show up again for it!

ClearTranquil: Check the "others" section to see if anyone has started a thread about AnimeEvolution, and by now someone should have. So please comment there about AE and keep this thread about Sakuracon..

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 04-26-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Unread 04-27-2004, 12:50 AM   #10
sushi glomper
Master of the Negaverse!

I also cosplayed lum from urusei yatsura- the adventures of lum manga , Ayane from doa3(which I wore sunday after you had left :-( )
Unread 04-27-2004, 12:53 AM   #11
trabus
kittens inside!

Hey Eurobeat King, I finally got to meet you for a couple seconds this year. I was with the pink May with the giant anchor (my wife) and I said hi to you on Saturday morning right before the Masquerade meeting started. Anyhow it was nice to finally meet you in person. Maybe we'll bump into each other at AX.
Unread 04-27-2004, 01:19 AM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

SushiGlomper: Ah, right.. I remember your Lum, and I'm glad I got a good-bye picture with you that night. I keep telling everyone I'm forgetful when I see people in different costumes, or even if they're wearing normal clothing.. My age is definitely catching up with me.. Sorry I missed your Ayame on Sunday.. do you have any pics of what it looks like?

Trabus: I remember you saying hello to me, and congrats to your wife for winning for her May costume, which was bright & cute, and overall a very nice costume! I got a few pics of her right as the masquerade rehearsal ended, so I hope you both like them when they go up. Look forward to meeting you again at AX in a couple o' months!
Unread 04-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #13
Nine
The busty one!

Al, thanks for the print out of my Felicia costume =3 i am looking forward to the pics taken of us w/ saxy and sailor naboo on saturday night (or was it early sunday morning? I forgot XD)
Unread 04-27-2004, 09:57 PM   #14
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Nine: You're welcome about the pic print-out. I wish I would've set up my table-gathering on Friday night and Saturday night (if I didn't have to sleep early) so I could print out MORE pictures of cosplayers and pump the Eurobeat music, but there really was no table to use for that, and I didn't want to take one of the clothed-tables by the info/t-shirt/peace-bonding area w/o permission. Plus also again (like last year) the door to main events was open, and my music would conflict or not be heard by the ballroom music on FR and the rave-music on Saturday night. NEXT year I'll try to have the gathering on 1-2 nights at Sakuracon 2005. Yeah, the pic of you, me, SailorNaboo, and Saxy was one of the LAST pictures I took at S-con before going to sleep, so that'll be some while before it gets posted.. I appreciate your patience (and the others) for it.
Unread 04-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #15
Sailor Naboo
Cosplay Reformer!

I have patience, but I am looking forward to the pics of the 4 Sakura Race Queens! That had to be some of the most fun I had in costume! It was so much fun watching people watch us. There were so many people that took pics of us (and had to be IN the pics themselves), I'm surprised I haven't seen any yet.

It was great to get to finally meet you, nine! Those eyes of yours make me jealous of boys!

Naboo
Closed Thread