Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Cynix

Clamp

I thought I would make this thread to see if there was any interest in a CLAMP meetup. Anyone planning any costumes from any CLAMP series? I am still debating my costume choices atm.
Cynix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I'm working on Hikaru from CLAMP in 3D Land!

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
0The0Midget0

If I can get the money for it, I've always wanted to do a Sakura cosplay [CCS or Tsubasa]....But that's all gonna depend on how funds are looking.
0The0Midget0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
KitsuneNoKoibi

I will be cosplaying Chii from Chobits!

Luka Megurine 10% done
FACEBOOK PAGE
KitsuneNoKoibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
Hop-is-my-Hero

I will have my genderbent Eriol from CCS and looks like a friend is going to do genderbent Sakura or Syaoron!
Hop-is-my-Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Kikuka
New Kind of Crazy

ALL CLAMP ALL THE TIME.
I'm cosplaying yellow dress Fuu, Clamp in 3D land Fuu, and maybe cover art Celestial Armor Fuu and Fahren or Sailor Fuku Fuu. Basically I'll be in green and a blond curly wig all weekend. (ah, paradise)
Also I'm gonna have my 7' sword with me for at least two of those, so I definitely want to have a meet-up/hang out with other Clamp people who also probably cry a lot because feelings.

(P.S. You all should come to my Clamp panel and gush with me. :'D )

Future Cosplays (Planned)
Fuu (Goddess Gown, Final Armor, & Kimono) - Magic Knight Rayearth // Kobato - CLAMP no Kiseki Queen design // Sakura (Fire Kimono, Country of Shura) - Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles //
2014 Con Plans
Katsucon, Genericon, Otakon
Panels: Anime Amazons, The CLAMP Multiverse, and Let's Talk Swords: Problematic Props and Annoying Armor
Kikuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
HeavenSealed
What a Catch

My entire cosplay line-up is CLAMP this year, and I've been trying to think of organizing something myself! Is there a particular day that would be best for everyone? I tend to think Saturdays can get kind of busy in terms of finding meet-up space, but if we wanted to try and snag an official timeslot, it looks like some of the evening slots are still available?

I'm not too concerned about having a big photoshoot myself, personally, I'd just love the chance to be able to hang and talk with other CLAMP fans! :3c

Not sure what days I'm cosplaying which yet, but at the moment my roommate and I are planning to do Fuuma and Kamui, Subaru and Hokuto, Hikaru and Umi in their cute sailor outfits, and Suoh and Nokoru (with one of our friends maybe joining us as Akira as well!).

I also may have talked her into running around as Sailor Yue and Tuxedo Touya with me. So there's also that.
HeavenSealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

I might be bringing Fai (Human Chess arc outfit), or possibly Hokuto if my sister's up for Subaru. But even if I don't do any CLAMP cosplay this year, I'm definitely willing to help plan things, particularly if it's a Friday thing. Although preferably not too late at night (gotta get up early Saturday and get my evil queen on lol).

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
JellybeanQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
RaiinFaiiry
Sakura absorbed my life

I will be doing three different outfits of Sakura from Tsubasa on Saturday with a Fai and Syaoran! We are doing the Splash Page Infinity version, the one with Sakura in a giant black ballgown and Fai in the suit with all the lacing everywhere. And then Default, and then the outfits from the Nihon arc.

Cosplays

In-between Jack Frost
Hanji Zoe
Petra Ral
Morgianna
Robin!Ciel
Sion --- No. 6
RaiinFaiiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
HeavenSealed
What a Catch

Do we wanna try planning something for Friday then? There's some "official" slots open in the evening (10pm and after, if we wanted to go later in the day, or we could try to put together something unofficial, though I'm honestly not sure where we'd host it if that was the case. I personally really like the 3rd floor terrace as a meeting area? But I've only been to Otakon twice, so maybe someone else knows if there might be a better meet-up place that the official slots aren't using.

Thoughts?
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

My vote would be for 9pm on the west side of the 400 level, or 10pm at the 3rd floor terrace. Personally, I think the Charles Street lobby is terrible for photoshoots, it's almost always crowded and the lighting isn't very good. As for unofficial spots, there's always the outdoor fountains (they're a bit hit or miss though) or that sort of patio-ish area kind of across from the convention center. I think it's connected to one of the hotels? It's just a big open space with some potted stuff so not very interesting but it's not terrible.

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay

Last edited by JellybeanQueen : 07-02-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Unread 07-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #12
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

I'll have 2 versions of Fai with me final manga clow version and lecourt, for one I have a kuro and other a syaoran, but sure which daysyet but if I'm in fai when yaz have the meet up would love to cool be hangout n meet n see everyone arms maybe even grab some pics!

Raiinfairy hi hi! !!! *hugs* you guys are going to be adorable!
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
HeavenSealed
What a Catch

Hey all!

Just to let you know what's going on, I'm currently talking with Otakon staff about our meet-up being added to the schedule since applications for "official" meet-up locations were closed by the time I went to try and secure one.

So it looks like we can't use any of the three "official" locations even if there's nothing on the "official" schedule for them during that time.

I'm trying to get the Friday 10pm Terrace slot at the moment, but since that may fall through, what other times and locations might people be interested in? I'd really love the input!!
Unread 07-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #14
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Anytime after noon on Friday would be great for me!

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

If we move the photoshoot to earlier on Friday, my vote would be for the big open area by the Hyatt (I think?). I've seen it referred to as the second floor skywalk. As long as there's daylight, it's not a bad place for gatherings/photoshoots.

Pockyflowers Cosplay