Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > .Hack

Unread 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
the_tennyo

Mireille .hack//dusk

um, I was wondering if anybody had ideas how I might go about making.... the things circled in the pictuer *I don't know what they are! :P*
for on the hat, how to attach them and what not, and the thing, well the middle thing is just strange~~
the_tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #2
Lyulf
**STUPIFY =====*

that is a circular plate in the center, above that is a cloak pin, that is easy to make, at the ends of her hat they look like they are metal cup with a gall in the center and underneath is what I believe is a flag chime so is cal spin and slow freely
Lyulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

ok for the things off the hat you could use sculpy and sculpt those shapes and add some eyescrews in the top to allow you to hook them to the hat somehow. The stuff in the center is 2 pieces. There's the circular disk which is the belt buckle type thing and there's the shovely shaped thing which is a pendant which is what keeps the capelette thingie closed.

I just made a mistral costume and the two characters are almost identical in costume with a few exceptions. For my mistral pendant I sculpted one out of sculpy then I cast it out of resin using your standard resin with a glass filler added to make it super light. For the belt buckle I sculpted it out of sculpy but every mold we tried to make just would not work due to the grooves in the disk were really tight so the mold compound would tear or get stuck in the grooves. So I just used the sculpy one I made and just painted it.

Here's pictures of my belt buckle before it was finished and of my pendant. Mistral probably has a ton of more detail in her items than murielle due to murielle being animated and mistral being cg rendered ^_^;

Belt buckle:
http://www.miakanobakascosplay.com/m...ralstuffs3.jpg

pendant:
http://shin-ri.org/kon-nichiwa/cospl...l/mistral2.jpg

hope this helps ^_^

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote