Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 05-09-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
CelestialShadow

All Cosplayers In Japan!

Hello, I used to frequent this forum alot but due to my job and other projects i sort of forgot about it.....

Long story short, I have been cosplaying in Japan for 4 years. I live here, work here, husband is Japanese and have been to just about every event in the Tokyo area. I know there are other foreigners like me out and about and probably on this forum so I wanted to put my name out there and offer any help or information to anyone who needs it.

I dont check this often so its best to contact me via facebook. http://www.facebook.com/celestialshadowcosplay

Cheers!

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
AdrianOehrn

Dear Celestialshadow Cosplay,

My name is Adrian ōhrn Johansen, I am photojournalist from Norway. Together with my colleague Rune Kreutz, whoís a film critic and writer, Iíll be traveling to Tokyo in August to make a story about anime. Our goal is to find out why animation (including both anime and manga) is so important to Japanese culture, across all ages. You struck me as the perfect person to ask for advice, and I hope you donít mind me writing to you in this regard.

Unfortunately weíre not in town during Comiket 86, but will obviously go visit the stores located in Akihabara. Iíve also read that thereís a cosplay on Harajuku bridge every Sunday, but weíre mainly looking for the less obvious and not so well known locations.

What will be the easiest solution if we want find a cosplay to attend (with permission, of course) during our stay?
We want to get in touch with Japanese cosplayers and able to spend time with them in their daily life. We are hoping to get close to the otaku culture.

Unfortunately we donít speak Japanese.

Any tips, thoughts or contacts will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Adrian ōhrn Johansen
AdrianOehrn is offline   Reply With Quote