Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
Coolidger

Favorite AN 2014 moments

Now that Anime North 2014 is over, looking back on the weekend, what were some of your personal highlights for this year? Let's all share some of our stories folks.

I'll go first, off the top of my head. Though I only went Saturday this year so it's not as much.

-Main highlight for me was just being able to spend it with some friends, and meetup with some people, as well as new people.

-Didn't do a whole lot of shopping this year, but I did get a neat Ryuko statue thingy.

- also somehow found myself in a random 30 minute (no exaggeration) intense staring contest with a horse mask man in the International Plaza. Was not planned nor did we say anything, it just kinda happened.

-There was some really good cosplays this year, quite a bit of Attack on Titan this year, not surprising. Favorite cosplay I ran into without expecting it was all five of the Teen Titans together. Oh the nostalgic feels..

Let the sharing begin.
Coolidger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
meikomeiko
Wanted Dead or Alive

This year I went with my good friend, we agreed to go to an anime or comic convention several several years ago, however due to school/work--it was heavily delayed and a long time coming. So like you Coolidger, was good to spend it with my best buddy and also my younger sister who has also been wanting to go to a convention with me.

I saw some amazing costumes this year, especially the League of Legends cosplayers! Damn impressive and stopped me from making it to several events on-time because I had to stop and take a picture!

The Rave was pretty awesome and hectic this year, I loved it! What pissed me off was the amount of times my hat was knocked off onto the floor by crowd surfers.
meikomeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #3
siyrean

the fact i couldn't walk more than 5 feet outside in my Penguindrum without being swamped for photos. this was my first time doing something that big and wow, that was a totally new and awesome experience!

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 06:47 AM   #4
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post
the fact i couldn't walk more than 5 feet outside in my Penguindrum without being swamped for photos. this was my first time doing something that big and wow, that was a totally new and awesome experience!
Same here... I stood in the same spot for 15 minutes (no exaggeration) getting swarmed by cameras.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I had hope to see more League of Legends cosplayers but alsa I missed them all. lol

I was relatively un photo spammed on saturday but the once that realized I was Regina was super excited. (in contract my Red Queen could not move at all in. lol)

I ran into a Prince Charmingr cosplayers from Once upon a Time which was exciting!!! (Didn't see Snow white and apparently there was a Henry and Emma.)

Scott McNeil was in my elevator going down at at the Radison on Saturday and he went a little bug-eyed over my Regina cosplay. lol

Bumping into 2 Sharon cosplayers from Pandora Hearts made me happy on Friday.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Playing tag and Marco Polo in the pool/hot tub Sunday night, with the 404's. Pretty awesome. ^^
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #7
dark-insanity13

Getting my picture taken with a little Aladdin (Magi) cosplayer while I was cosplaying Aladdin. Sadly I didn't think to ask to get a picture with my own camera so the likelihood of me finding that photo is pretty much nil, but my heart melted. Little kids cosplaying is the cutest thing ever.
dark-insanity13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
xshedevilx
- Kami -

The league of legends Selfies.

And of course all the time spent laughing with friends I haven't seen in ages. Spider-man web blaster + sleeping friend = best of times.
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #9
AJ the Collector
Collector

I'm actually really proud of myself for not going into the Dealers Room til near the end. Also, seeing Wolf Children for the first time was awesome, even if the karaoke next door was annoying and disruptive at times.
End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
DTAC 2014

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak {100%!} for FX14, End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014: Zoostuck Twostuck and AN15
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {70%} for AN15
Karkat Vantas {70%}
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Makoto Naegi {50%}
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {40%}
Zidane Tribal {30%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #10
shinigami714
Illustrator

First would be Scott McNeil approaching me in my Yojimbo cosplay and complimenting me a lot. Then I mentioned I had really wanted to get his autograph but wasn't able to make it to any signing sessions and he signed my badge <3.

Second probably when one of the Blitzball players posed with me with money then proceeded to actually give me the money after the photo. Lol!
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
Gohan Som

I had a really great year this year. I would say some of the highlights were the Fan Service: Friend or Foe panel which seemed to be well received. The unpopular opinions panel was fun though a little loud. As always I really enjoyed the chess game and I'm really excited for next year because I might get my fiance involved as we are doing a couples cosplay of Lyoid and Shenna from Tales of Symphonia. We picked up some awesome art at the dealers room (pretty much all we got). I really enjoyed doing the Naruto and Hinata cosplay on sunday as well as getting some awesome pictures taken.

The best cosplays I saw were the nazghoul, shredder, Akatski Deadpool who strutted everywhere. I really enjoyed this year and look forward to next year so much.
Gohan Som is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Favorite moment was my first time ever running a photoshoot and somehow was able to run it fairly smoothly. Then again, I had 2 years and 3 photoshoots of practice for this particular one (Atlus/Persona/Shin Megami Tensei).

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #13
loki555
Oops,i forgoted something

Me would be having a photoshoot with a really awesome friend of mine.
Unread 05-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #14
U-Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post
You did a Penguindrum cosplay? Wah! How could I miss that?!
Now I'm so sad... it's one of my favorite shows.

OT: My highlights of AN2014 were...
- Meeting a bunch of other Mirai Kuriyama from Kyokai no Kanata. It was fun to pose with them. n_n
- Drinking all night on Saturday and staying outside to watch the sun rise with my friends.
- Meeting a random guy by the staircase in the international plaza and randomly hanging out. I wish I got his contact info though.
- Seeing a bunch of Mekakucity Actors cosplay.
- Buying my Levi body pillow and my Orihara Izaya figurine
- SO MANY SYLVEON GIJINKAS! EEEE!
Unread 06-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
jukebox
role models > supermodels

- Watching the Skit Contest and the Masquerade. They were both REALLY good quality this year. Sometimes sitting through whole competitions like that can be a chore but it was fun this year because literally everyone was so good!

- Scott McNeil. Interviewing him and just hanging out with him in general. My only regret is he and his guest liaison invited me for drinks with them and I was too damn busy to take up the offer.

- The giant inflatable dragon. The dude who made that was awesome.

- I finally bought a Princess Luna plushie to appease my inner brony. And the bigass 2-foot-tall model Gipsy Danger which I'm going to put up when I move in with my boyfriend in the fall. C:

- Doing 3 people's worth of work over the course of the weekend as a media person and surviving!!

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote