Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-20-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
Ina
har har har

Ragnarok Cosplay

i've been staring at this Assassin costume for quite a while now, trying to figure what fabric i should use for the 'wrap' thing that she wraps around her stomach and etc., as well as how i could give the wraps that 'loose' effect that she has even when it'll be worn tightly.

another thing, i'm completly stuck on how to make those kick ass looking weapons XD~~~ any help please? ^^;;;

http://enweb.ragnarokonline.com/2ndpro/img_ass_f.jpg
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
Karrzor

I would go with the sports bandage wraps like they use for sprains and such. It wraps tight, clings to itself (if you get the right kind) and can be loose in the areas you need it to be. For the weapon I would say draw out the pattern on paper till it you have it the way you like it. Then trace out the design onto wood, or if you want cardboard. Cut out and then take some of the left over material and place a strip along the midlength of the blade at the desired height and angle of attack. Paper-mache wrap, then let dry and add the decals.
Karrzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
Ukayoru no Chou
Visually Oriented Culture

Ahhh - Ina your bacckkk ^__^; Yoness, and oh oh, I been thinking about cosplaying someone from dat o.O; But, anyways, good luck with it * has no tips to offer*
Unread 11-21-2002, 03:35 AM   #4
MarshalBanana
I fly at Mach 100...

just for a note, that weapon doesnt really exist in ragnarok, so if you want to follow the game more closely you need to make daggers or katars... but if you just want to follow the pic thats a different thing all together.. of course the game will be reopened by the time the 2003 cons get going so they may add a waepon like that... anywho, i suggest that if you make the suriken thing there that you make it in parts so that it is easier to transport as well as work with..
MarshalBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 10:01 AM   #5
Lillyxandra
Cosplay 4 life YO!

That costume rocks!I love that game, Karrzor right about the sports bandage thing. I used those for my boyfriends Hayato costume and it worked perfectly. good luck!
Unread 11-21-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

I miss Ragnarok Online ;.;.. BTW, I can't wait to see the finished costume ^^
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 12:22 PM   #7
Alaria
Arrowed!!

sports bandages are good...If you want more of a folded cloth look, u can make the shape of the cloth first with an underlayer cloth that's a bit thicker, then glue/sew the lighter cloth that's gonna show onto the underlayer, with the wrinkles included.....does that make sense....I'm in a daze rt now, so.... O_o
Unread 11-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #8
Ina
har har har

Uka Chan - Halo!!! Haven’t talked to you for such a long time, what have you been up to? Any other cosplay plans ^_~

Lilly – XD~~~~ I MUST order from you again, this time one of your purdy-full faerie wings, so talented! thanks again for the chii ears, keep up the great work ;D

Karrzor – sounds really good, I think I’ll be using that, and I’ll save TONS of money as well. And the weapon tips sound good as well, thanks lots ^^
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
Karrzor

No problem, I like to help out. I know how it is to work on a frustrating costume. Stupid Zaku II mobile costume
Karrzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2002, 11:55 PM   #10
KaitouKurogo
Whee! I'm Expendable!

Hold up...Ragnarok? Like with Chaos and Loki and such? Holy crap...good luck....
--The First True Dark Link-- (Legend of Zelda, AX05)
KaitouKurogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
Flyingkittycats

Hey, I'm trying to make a female hunter costume, anyone have any patterns, or patterns that are similar? I'm following the art from the RO website.
Flyingkittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
Setsuke
Setsuke

Iruga

Yea, see im doing the assassin from the actual anime itself Iruga, his cosplay is a bit different from the game. and for the long weapons are you referring to the Katars the characters use?? Cuase for Iruga cosplay im using old sparring gear gloves, They extend from my forearm with poadding and the have padding on the top of the hand, i just stuck to foam blades in them and shrpened the tips. Im also going to use Silver electric tape to cver up the rough edges on the top, and then spray paint it silver. But if ya want to see them ill see about posting pictures. ^ ^

Urahara Kisuke-- 95% (1 convention-Janicon)
(Bleach)
Illuga-- 0% (just started planning for it)
(Ragnarok Anime)
Setsuke is offline   Reply With Quote