Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
freakyarcher
abcynthia chaser

Unhappy what to do on a cosplay stage

i have made a lulu costume that i planned on entering in a cosplay contest. but i have encountered a problem...i don't really know what to do up there! i will be there with only one other person who is not cosplaying. but in case i find someone who wants to cosplay on stage what will my character do? lulu is quiet, serious, and magical. so will i just stand there and look pretty?
freakyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #2
Phantomgrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyarcher
i have made a lulu costume that i planned on entering in a cosplay contest. but i have encountered a problem...i don't really know what to do up there! i will be there with only one other person who is not cosplaying. but in case i find someone who wants to cosplay on stage what will my character do? lulu is quiet, serious, and magical. so will i just stand there and look pretty?
If it's cosplay, look into finding someone else that you can work something out... And it can be humerous, non-related, whatever.
Heh, I once did a rather off-key bit involving Ido Daisuke, Alita and a rather hungery, arm-munching Bolt Cranshaft.

And if noone rises to the occasion... Is the cosplay a strict cosplay or part of a convention?
A lot of times there will be a "Fashion Show" used for showing off of non-skit costumes.

"Curses...When will I remember."....."Order dessert first........thhhen kill everyone in the restaurant.
Phantomgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

If all else fails, you can just do a pretty walk-on. Get some background music that's appropriate for your character, maybe have the MC read a short introduction, walk around the stage a bit, turn, pose, make sure everyone gets a good view of the costume, then walk off. If you do it in character it can be quite nice. ^_^

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2004, 06:27 AM   #4
Hakkuryuu

em, what if you decide to do a skit? Do we follow the storyline, or can we make one up?
Hakkuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #5
freakyarcher
abcynthia chaser

Talking lol!

oooh! i got a cool idea for a skit! it will involve lulu and miroku...and one of us will end up with a bump on the head^o^
Unread 05-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

I've never done the skit contest either. This thread helps soo much ^_^. I'm such a newb to cosplay still.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #7
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

Glad this is helping you Mandy-chan! ^_^

Hmmmmmmm, a Miroku and Lulu fight? hehehe...... I'm likeing the sound of that already!! But if it doesn't come to light, just walking across the stage and looking fabulous is good too. Or maybe you could think up a sort of monolouge for Lulu. Just think of things she might say and go from there! Ah well, I'm sure you're extremly creative and will do something fabulous! Good luck!

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Miroku and Lulu...I can only imagine. If I was Miroku I wouldn't mess with a black mage...especially one that wouldn't think twice about killing him. ^_^
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote