Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Closed Thread
Unread 05-05-2004, 06:59 AM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Private Photoshoots at ACEN

I have 7 spots open for private photoshoots at ACEN. A private photoshoot costs $25 and must be paid in advance via Paypal, as I do not accept any money at the conventions themselves.

We will schedule a time and place to meet at the convention, and from there I will spend around 20 minutes taking 60-80 photos of you in your costume. From this shoot, I put 20-30 photos into your own separate gallery, which is then showcased on the front of the website. Lots of people will then see your photoshoot.

Click here to see some example photoshoots from previous conventions.

Groups are fine up to 5 people. For groups I charge $5 per extra person and ask that the costumes be somewhat related. This does not add any time to your timeslot, but is a good way to split the costs if you just want a few extra photos in a controlled environment.

If for any reason I have to cancel, you get a full refund. If you must cancel I require at least one day's notice (the following evening is fine) in order to refund your money. If you do not show up to your shoot I cannot refund your money, as I would have made that money had someone else shown up. If you do not show up within 15 minutes of your scheduled time I will consider it a no-show. Chances are I will have another shoot scheduled 30 minutes after you.

You must be ready to go at the time of your photoshoot. Please have your costume ready and especially have your makeup ready. If you need assistance with your costume please find someone to help you out, as I will be concentrating on taking the photos. We will shoot outside, weather permitting.

Regular photo usage rules still apply to the photos I take - you are basically paying for my time as a photographer - with the following exception: You may use up to five (5) photos from your photoshoot for your own personal website, above my normal photo usage rules. If you need to use any photos for commercial purposes, please contact me to work something out.

I will be opening a print service in the near future, so this is also a good opportunity to have some professional-quality photos that you can have printed out. More info on this soon. If you would like to see any examples of my print work please visit one of our cosplay.com table gatherings at night.

Optional: I will be bringing my professional lighting setup to the hotel. I use Profoto lighting, widely regarded as some of the best studio lighting available. I can take some headshots or more controlled lighting photos of your costume, if you wish. For this I will require a place to actually shoot the photos, and some extra money for the setup time (around 20 minutes). Contact me for more info if you would like this option.

If anyone has any questions, please post here, or if they are more personal in nature feel free to PM me. To schedule a photoshoot, PM me (don't post your request in this thread) and I will give you my Paypal info and schedule a time with you.

Unread 05-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Five spots left.
Unread 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
hikura
Flyboy

Just wondering.Will be doing private shoots at otakon?
Unread 05-07-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikura
Just wondering.Will be doing private shoots at otakon?
Planning to, yep. I won't start scheduling those till late June though.
Unread 05-07-2004, 09:28 PM   #5
hikura
Flyboy

Thank you for the info.Speak with you then in late june.
Unread 05-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #6
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Sadly my schedule does not allow for me to take time out for a photoshoot so I was wondering will you be attending Anime Reactor?

if not, Oh well tough cookies for me

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Unread 05-08-2004, 12:55 AM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeko
Sadly my schedule does not allow for me to take time out for a photoshoot so I was wondering will you be attending Anime Reactor?

if not, Oh well tough cookies for me
Yeah, unfortunately we won't be doing Anime Reactor unless I have any other business I can squeeze into that timeframe in Chicago that weekend. So it's one of those "maybe" cons.

Right now I'm planning on doing these shoots at:
ACEN
Fanime
A-Kon
Otakon
AX
Comic-Con
Ani-Magic

Maybe: Dragon*Con and GenCon Indy.
Unread 05-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #8
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Just a FYI to everyone who hasn't fully confirmed a time yet: I have maybe 2 more slots open and then I have to stop. So chances are by Saturday afternoon I'll be booked.

I'll have a higher number of spots open at future cons (10-20, depending on the convention). I have a couple of other location photoshoots I have to do during ACEN this year so it cuts into Friday a bit for me, and I need to leave ample time for taking photos of the hall cosplay as well.
Unread 05-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Okay, it's no prob. Depending on if I get this new bridesmaid comissin, I'll be attending Otakon...it's up in the air. Either way if ya see me in the hall, hope ya get a better pic of me in costume than Kevin did last year.

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Unread 05-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #10
Trinity
Here we go again!

When are you going to start taking sign-ups for A-kon, or did I miss that memo?
Unread 05-08-2004, 05:17 PM   #11
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

Oh please have shoots at Dragon Con ;_;

~Nikki
Unread 05-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #12
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity
When are you going to start taking sign-ups for A-kon, or did I miss that memo?
Around a week from now.
Unread 05-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #13
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I'm all booked, thanks for all of the responses. If I'm still waiting to hear back from you in a PM (still scheduling the last 2 or 3 exact timeslots) that means I've held a spot for you, so go ahead and respond.
Closed Thread