Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
galacticify
Mike

cosplay dilemma

okay so i have a dilemma. i need a new costume by december because the one i bought came in with stains all over it and incorrect measurements and all kinds of issues. so for my next costume i want to cosplay something popular that will be easily recognized by fans. the problem is that nearly every popular anime bores me. does anybody have any suggestions for what i should do? right now the options i'm considering are:
- finishing yowapeda and cosplaying onoda (a daunting task for me considering i can generally only watch 3 episodes of an anime within a month's time due to my short attention span)
- cosplaying a pokemon gijinka (raises the problem of designing a pokemon gijinka)
- cosplaying a love live! school idol project character (not that recognizable)
- skipping the convention altogether

if anyone could give me some input i'd appreciate it!!

Last edited by galacticify : 08-16-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: forgot links
galacticify is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2014, 02:20 AM   #2
Synaster

I have no idea what the first and third options look like (you didn't provide any links and I'm too lazy), and I'm not going to tell you to "skip the convention". The only one left is the gijinkas.

Designing one can be fun if you have some sort of idea of what you're looking for. There are tons of ideas out there on the internet. If you see one that you'd like to copy completely, be sure to ask the artist first and give them credit for the design.

I did a Dragonair gijinka. Before I decided what I wanted, I looked up designs and other cosplayers and figured out what elements are a must and what I didn't like. I also took into account the type and personality, which I figured to be peaceful and a bit elegant. Since it is serpentine and is blue with a white stomach, I looked for patterns of long dresses that has a different color down the front. For the head-wings, I decided I didn't like the plushie-style headbands most other Dragonair cosplayers wore, so I made them out of feathers glued to the back of pendants, which is glued to a headband. A chain between the two pendants held the horn.

Which Pokemon are you looking at? Maybe I can help.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
galacticify
Mike

sorry i didn't put any links, i just didn't think that the appearances of the costumes mattered in this context because i explained why i wouldn't want to do them. if i can figure out how to edit my thread i'll add pictures u_u

i was planning on doing a meowth gijinka, but i need to decide whether i want to go with my original idea of a cutesy one, or if i wanted to model it around a team rocket uniform and make it team rocket's meowth specifically. the cute one looks too plain and i don't know if anyone would recognize it, but the team rocket one doesn't look as nice.