Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
mrsteven

Which Guitar fits my character??

Hello all! I am the proud owner of two great guitars. I love them both so very much... however, neither of my guitars looks like Yui(from k-on)'s guitar. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3514040/ this is a picture of my guitars. The funny issue is that the guitar to the left is the right colour as Yui's guitar, while the guitar to the right is the right model. Im not sure which guitar i should use when i cosplay Yui. As a guitarist i say i should use the one on the right since its the right model, but im not sure what the general public thinks. I say this because when i bought the guitar to the left, my friend instantly started to refer to it as Yui's guitar. So yeah any opinion would help.

thanks for the help!

mrsteven is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
SociallyAwkward
Because I'm a potato.

I suggest the one on the left I feel like the colour of the guitar would be more recognizable than the model. Also,I personally think that colour would compliment the costume nicely

| World Cosplay | Cospix |

I'm a cosplayer with an anxiety disorder (°ヘ°)
SociallyAwkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Technically neither..
Yui has a gibson les paul cherry sunburst, you have an epiphone les paul in a different color, and a fender that isn't anywhere NEAR Yui's guitar..You can personally use whatever you want, but getting a new paint job on the les paul is a better option..Not that much either..I never got a new paint job on any of my guitars (I buy them in colors I like to start with) so I don't know how much, but I believe it's only like $50 tops..

Remember, Yui specifically states that she can not play any guitar that "isn't Gita". So if you are being true to character, she would not pick up anything other than a les paul since they are the same as Gita. Hence using the les paul..And if you get a new paint job, it will not be different from her's. Basically this is saying she would never in her life pick up that fender because it isn't Gita, and you can not make it Gita.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
mrsteven

Thanks for the replies!
Jason Terror, im fully aware i have an epiphone and that its not a sunburst, thats why i posted this here I love my les paul more than anything. And I bought my Strat to cosplay Iwasawa from Angel Beats(she has a strat that looks basically just like that). So yeah i dont think i would EVER IN MY LIFE dream of painting my les paul. I love the colour so much, more than any character ever. Im not painting my les paul.
but yeah thanks for the input, thats the exact reason i was thinking of going for the les paul instead of the strat.

anymore input would be greatly appreciated
mrsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 02:17 AM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsteven View Post
Thanks for the replies!
Jason Terror, im fully aware i have an epiphone and that its not a sunburst, thats why i posted this here I love my les paul more than anything. And I bought my Strat to cosplay Iwasawa from Angel Beats(she has a strat that looks basically just like that). So yeah i dont think i would EVER IN MY LIFE dream of painting my les paul. I love the colour so much, more than any character ever. Im not painting my les paul.
but yeah thanks for the input, thats the exact reason i was thinking of going for the les paul instead of the strat.

anymore input would be greatly appreciated
And that's totally ok. I never said it wasn't. I was just giving suggestions since you never said anything..Personally, even though HERS isn't the same color, it's the same model, so if Yui were to ever play another guitar for whatever reason, it'd be that one. So personally in this specific desicion, the les paul would be better. And I don't blame you, that's why I never want to paint any of mine lol I'm freaking BUYING a new guitar when I cosplay Yui haha
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote