Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 05-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

See you at A-kon 2004!!

Hey everyone,

I just got my airline tickets to Project A-kon 15, even though at first I was hesitant in going due to Fanime being the weekend before, and I'm moving in the month of June. But I decided that I had fun the last 2 years at A-kon, and I can't wait to go back this year, especially since it's at a brand-new hotel which is BIGGER than the one the con was at the last 2 years. And also A-kon is the only time I'll see a few cosplayers in 2004, I wanted to at least see them ONCE this year and take pictures of their costumes..

I'll be arriving on Friday morning at 3:20am in the morning (I have a 2.5 hour stop-over in Las Vegas, in which I'll be going to the LUXOR for an hour to gamble & take pics), and unlike last year where I had to stay AWAKE in the hotel lobby until 6am, I can get my room at the MarkAdams hotel once i arrive, and get some rest before the big weekend. I wanted to arrive on Thursday to check out the place and do possible photoshoots of cosplayers who might be there, but I have work that day and already am taking Monday, May 31st, off for the last day of Fanime.. And speaking of which, since that con IS the weekend (it ends 4 days before A-kon begins) I'm going to be back-logged on pictures, so the pictures from A-kon MIGHT take me a few days after I return before I post them, due to having to finish posting one con's pics before starting another.. So I'm giving a heads up to everyone in advance that the pictures may not go up as soon as I return home.. I appreciate your patience after the con in this matter..

NO costumes for me, so I'll be wandering about the con back n' forth in regular clothes, taking tons of pics, so keep an eye out for me if I don't see you first. I can't wait for a-kon which is less than a month away, so good luck to everyone with their costumes!! See you there!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
kyandi-chan
Magical Girl K

It will be great to see you again! Maybe this year I'll get to speak with you...

sadly, i hear tifa lockhart(cortney) isnt goin this year, according to my friend. i wanted to see her and she mentioned you. ^^ no costumes?

but my friend wants to see your initial d car! and you'll at least wear shinji...

right!?!
kyandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

kyandi: What did you cosplay last year? Did I take your picture(s)? A-kon is always big, and I DO miss cosplayers.. Yeah, I haven't heard from Cortney at all this year so far, as she didn't go to Ushicon, and I haven't seen her online in a long time, so I dunno how she and Andy are doing (or if they're still together..) I was hoping she'd go to A-kon, since she's one of the cosplayers that A-kon will be the only time I see her all year.. So maybe next year if she's still into cosplay & cons..

I MIGHT bring Shinji to wear for a little bit, but I'd rather just walk around in normal clothes and take pics, but we'll see. As for the Initial D car, if you mean my RX7 FC3S car costume, I can't bring that with me to cons OUTSIDE of CA due to it being glued (and taped) together and no way it can be undone and shipped to a con, and DRIVING it to A-kon is a BIT too far.. hehe I might bring my plushie AE86's with the fancy headlights to walk around with, but that's all.. hehe
Unread 05-07-2004, 09:44 PM   #4
Scortia

Yay! I appreciated how you were one of the few photographers who took photos of my obscure costumes last year... I'll give you a glomp this time around. ;p
Unread 05-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #5
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

yay i hope you do bring shinji ^^
Unread 05-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #6
RuthlessJS

I'm glad to hear that your coming to A-kon Eurobeat King! I will keep an eye out for you. Last year you snapped a few photos of my barret costume.
RuthlessJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Kell: Will you be bringing your yellow-sun-dress or plugsuit Asuka if I do? And what is your list of 8-9 costumes?

Scortia: Really? What costumes did you wear last year that I took pics of? (It's been a full year, and I've already forgotten a lot of 2003.. hehe) I look forward to your glomps

Ruthless: I remember your Barrett from last year, and it'll be good to see you again this year!
Unread 05-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #8
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

I'm bringing the plugsuit again, and my old Misato costume too

Ruthless - if you're bringing your Barret again, there's someone on the Akon boards looking for one for an FF7 group, if you're interested!
Unread 05-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Kell: Ooo, Misato? I don't think I've taken pics of that one before. Schweet!
Unread 05-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #10
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

YEAH!! The King Is Coming!! So much fun!! You're one of the few nice photographers around! Awwwwww, no cosplay??? But if you don't cosplay how can i hunt you?! >:} *Aussie accent* I'm armed and dangerous with my digital camera this year, mates, and i need victims............um........... I mean cosplayers to take pictures of.

Ah well, have a safe trip down here, and don't squander tooooo much of your money in Sin City! ^_^ Can't wait till A-kon!!

P.S. Hopefully by A-kon, my friends and I will have something that I think you'll like to take pictures of. All i can say right now is that it's a *tall Elric brother.......... ..*sneaks off......sneakily*

*That was, at least, what we were hoping for, but alas the fates are aginst us. The person who was supposed the wear our creation will be out of town during A-kon. Ah well, thos of you going to A-fest will get to see the cool surprise. ^_~

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....

Last edited by Tenya Muyo : 05-29-2004 at 10:53 PM.
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 02:40 AM   #11
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

oooo i remember you Eurobeat King! you took a picture of my first cosplay ever last year! my shia costume. even though i blinked (laughs at self) anyway hope to run into you this year. i'll be using my mimi costume from last year and two naruto costumes. :B

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Tenya: Thank you for your compliment! I try.. As Kell said since she's planning to bring her Asuka + Misato to A-kon, I guess I'll bring Shinji, so you'll see me in that, else if I'm wearing normal clothes you'll see me wearing either 1. my black METREON jacket, or 2. my blue&white King jacket (avatar picture) so those are pretty easy to recognize. I'm hoping to win a little $$ in Vegas for the 2 hours I'm there, so please wish me luck!! I'll keep an eye out for your costumes (your hush-hush ones) but please call out to me or say hi if I don't recognize you in your costume-changes.

Uchiha: I remember your costume last year. This year I'll make sure to NOT take (or at least post) pics of you blinking if I can help it. hehe
Unread 05-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #13
Cynthia

You could always just go play video games in the Luxors arcade ^_^
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #14
kleykulele

*manical laughter* Oh, we'll see you there Al. Beth and I have all our plans >=D!!

Just kidding, it will be so fun to see you. And uh, down with Diana >.>;. Did I say that out loud?

:P.
kleykulele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #15
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Yay! I remember meeting you very briefly last year, you were really nice ^_^. Maybe we'll get a chance to chat more this year! I'll be in my Edea costume alllllllll Saturday - watch out for the ice spear of d00m! *shing* Eheh. Saturday night I'll be in my kimono - it's all red and black with gold trim and beading and yay. *flaps arms*

Too much sugar will be the death of me. O_o *dies*

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote