Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 05-10-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Masquerade entry form available~

The Masquerade entry form for CCI:SD is now available for download at the Comic Con website:

http://comic-con.org

You must have Adobe Acrobat to view the form. Here's a direct link to the form:
http://comic-con.org/Media/CCI04Masqv2.pdf

You need to either fax or email this form to Martin Jaquish (masquerade coordinator):
FAX: 619-414-1022
cci-info@comic-con.org

For more information:
http://comic-con.org/Pages/CCIMasq.html

Have fun! ^_____^
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I sent in my entry form by mail to them back in March to let them know I was interested in participating in the masquerade, but I never got any confirmation. They said to email them within 2 weeks if you haven't heard from them, so I did (I gave them 3 weeks) but to this day, I haven't received any email replies or anything in the mail other than ANOTHER entry form.. We've got about 2 months to go, and I hope they reply back soon to at least let me know they received my entry form..
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

You'll know if they've received your form if you get a form to fill out for the MC and such in the mail (real mail). They usually do NOT reply to e-mails, but that does not mean that they haven't gotten them. If you're worried about Martin not getting the form, send it in again just to be safe. However, when SDCC gets closer, I'm sure you'll receive the MC and lighting form in the mail. The masqeurade is one of the most organized and efficient asspects of Comic Con.

For other members to know as well:
Do not expect an e-mail confirmation that your form has been received. Trust that it has and wait until you get your MC and lighting form in your real mail. Take that with you to the convention and when you sign in for the Masquerade, give it to Martin or Malice.

Also, don't worry if you don't get the letter. The last two years in a row (I believe) Comic Con's masquerade entry slot did not compeltely fill (last year we had the smallest I've seen), which means at con entry is totally accpetable and welcomed. If all the slots have filled, register anyway. When the con rolls around and is actually apon us, drop out ratio is high and a few stops usually open up.

Last edited by Yuna : 05-10-2004 at 11:53 AM.
Unread 05-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Thanks for the info! To be safe, I'll send in another entry form, but it would be nice to hear from them in either writing or email, because the month of June I'll be busy moving, and I won't have too much time to work on the costume.. If I don't hear from them before the con, I may not bring the costume, which in one sense saves on rental-car costs, but I do want to bring it to SDCC JUST for the masquerade. I would hate it if I send in 2 entry forms, bring my costume, and when I check in they say "we didn't receive it" and "there are no more spots available." That's the worst-case scenario, but I'm not sweating it right now, so to be safe I'll submit another entry form..
Unread 05-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Thanks for the info! To be safe, I'll send in another entry form...*snip*..
Same here. I faxed my form on Friday, but I'm going to snail-mail one and just note that it's a back-up to the fax that I sent because our machine at my job is a bit weird :\ Plus..need to send the picture of the costume..well, what I'm going for, anyway. It's under construction at the moment and highly unrecognizable. :\

Will likely do the same with my registration as well...because I'm bloody paranoid!

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #6
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

You don't need to worry about reference pictures and such until you sign-in at the convention Dany.

Al: Bring your costume anyway, if anything, Kyle or Sarah can get some pictures of it for goos measure. I highly doubt that you're going to be over looked. I've entered at the last minute, with no form (only my endless charm ^_~) and still had a place. SoOoOoOo, don't spaz out about it. I can practically garantee that you'll get those forms in the mail once the con gets closer.
Unread 05-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #7
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Heehee I'm not worried about getting pics of my costume taken.. I just want to have fun being in the masquerade, and chillin' back stage with friends who are also participating, rather than last year where I was with the other photographers outside in that press-stage area, where a LOT of the pics that were taken by everyone looked a lot similar. hehe

I can't wait until SDCC, but I have to worry about other cons before that like A-cen, Fanime, A-kon, and AX.. And the big MOVE in between those is what I'm concerned about more..

Oh, and you're right: your charm is infinite!
Unread 05-10-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna
You don't need to worry about reference pictures and such until you sign-in at the convention Dany.
Wonderful! I like that idea a lot more...because by then the documentation will be done and everything else...

*relief!*

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 12:56 AM   #9
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I don't know what to tell you Al... =\ If you can't wait then you can't wait. Sorry pal.
Unread 05-11-2004, 01:16 AM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Thanks for your info, Nessa! *hug* see you at SDCC (or AX beforehand)
Unread 07-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #11
Scarlett
Bueller... Bueller...

(I know this is off-topic, but I found this too neat.

Yuna, you were one of the first Cosplayers I had ever seen on my first visit on Cosplay.com. It must've been over a year ago, but I remember you. It was your character, Mitsuko, from Battle Royale that convinced me that I wanted to Cosplay. Sure, sure. I will be attending my first Con and will be Cosplaying my first time at AX04, but you still were the one who made me fall in love with it.

So, thanks. <3)
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote