Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 02-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #16
HayBails

Egl, lacemarket, even closet child will not allow replicas nither will a lot of selling Facebook communities.
HayBails is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2015, 10:27 PM   #17
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayBails View Post
Egl, lacemarket, even closet child will not allow replicas nither will a lot of selling Facebook communities.
Hmm..Yea that's what I figured..Honestly I have no idea..Replica's are not something that's liked and is frowned upon so that may be way, no real Lolita would buy them in the first place so they deff aren't gonna be selling one. Idk..
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2015, 12:49 AM   #18
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

I've seen a few replicas being sold secondhand on ebay... it's not restricted there like most places. Buying replicas is very discouraged in lolita communities which is why most lolita-specific secondhand sites won't allow it. Is there a specific dress you were looking for?
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #19
HayBails

No I'm just searching for replicas and overall cheaper end of lolita clothing trying to build my wardrobe. I'm even making a few pieces and going to the thrift store to find some. I feel more comfortable wearing replicas everyday than brand because if I get a stain so what. Also I don't buy clothing for the name on the tag but just cause I think its adorable. Also @Jei-Cos so help me if you state "Doing this will make you a non-lolita" or anything of the sort again I will report you please be understanding that lolita is not found in the brand or anything but the shape and elegance.
Unread 02-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #20
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

I know Qutie Land carries replicas and cute lolita overall for a reasonable price. If you go with eBay, be careful. eBay is known for low quality stuff.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea nvm.. Fuck it.. In Satan and you're an angel. No matter what anyone else says, as long add I say it it's wrong.. Good for you..
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 02-21-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #22
HayBails

yeah I've looked at Qutie land princess peachy mentioned them in a video.
Unread 02-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #23
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayBails View Post
No I'm just searching for replicas and overall cheaper end of lolita clothing trying to build my wardrobe. I'm even making a few pieces and going to the thrift store to find some. I feel more comfortable wearing replicas everyday than brand because if I get a stain so what. Also I don't buy clothing for the name on the tag but just cause I think its adorable. Also @Jei-Cos so help me if you state "Doing this will make you a non-lolita" or anything of the sort again I will report you please be understanding that lolita is not found in the brand or anything but the shape and elegance.
Replicas aren't necessarily the cheapest thing you'll be able to find- they're certainly a lot cheaper than the dresses they steal the design from, but in the same price range you can find beautiful clothes from indie brands or individual seamstresses) and support them instead. (I don't think wearing replicas makes you not a "real" lolita, but it's bad practice- it's art theft and it hurts all lolita designers, not just the big brands. There's a good article about replicas here, in case you're interested. I'm not trying to rag on you or anything but I think it's important to know why replicas are so looked down upon- it's not just people being snobby about labels.)

Back on the original topic- after reading a number of positive reviews for my-lolita-dress.com I placed an order with them a few days ago. The site looks a little sketchy, but they are a legit reseller of several taobao stores. They sell a number of popular indie brands (infanta, surface spell, dear celine, etc.) as well as replicas (which are all clearly labeled as replicas, so you know what you're buying). I haven't compared prices for all their pieces, but for the ones I looked at they appeared to be cheaper than other popular taobao reseller sites. It was also very easy to order- no need to order by email or use a shopping service. I bought a jsk and a blouse from infanta, and my total with shipping was $145. You can order directly from Infanta overseas by email, but there are extra fees and the currency conversion is a little wonky- they quoted me $135 for the same items. (it took too long for them to answer my email though, I had already placed my order with my-lolita-dress) So not a bad markup! The shipping is supposed to be pretty fast too, but I ordered during a national holiday so there's a delay for me lol
Unread 02-22-2015, 01:57 AM   #24
HayBails

Yes i know of my lolita dress it actually works as a shopping service for taobao things related to lolita in a way. As for replicas I'm not going to get into why I want them or prefer them at times for every day wear (and even as an artist and animator myself I find it very hard to call it art theft if its labeled as a replica but that's my own opinion). Regardless I'm more interested in resold replicas because the value goes down from $100 ish a dress to similar prices as Bodyline or even some Offbrand things. The problem is that other than ebay I'm unaware where people are selling them. Thanks for trying to help.
Unread 02-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #25
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

You could also try a lolita group specific to your area on facebook. People post items for sale in mine before trying to sell them elsewhere. Not sure if they'd have restrictions on replicas or not. I also see lolita items listed on various cosplay sales pages sometimes, and I'm sure they would not have those restrictions since it's not a lolita-specific group.

ETA: I've run across like 4 secondhand replicas on storenvy just today as well, and I think that site has a bit less junk to sift through than ebay.

Last edited by Eldi : 02-23-2015 at 09:21 PM.