Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Unread 07-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
mothbone
Trash Rat

Tretij Rebenok (TPP)

Hello! I'm very new to this website so please, please tell me if I put this in the wrong place!

Anyhow I'm planning to make/buy some parts for a Tretij Rebenok cosplay or The Floating Child as some may know him. He's the gas-masked kid from TPP if you don't know him well by name alone. I have decently good references of him since I own the Play Arts figure already.

Unfortunately, he's not exactly the easiest thing to cosplay because he dons both a gas mask and a straight jacket. Things that are not easily made or found so I plan to buy them and modify them as I see fit. So far it's been a pain trying to find a REAL vintage gas mask or fake costume ones that look decent. If anyone knows where to find REAL gas masks or decent looking fakes, let me know. I wouldn't mind commissioning one I suppose but I can't make my own as I don't have the resources to do so.
EDIT: I found the closest one I could: https://www.orbitlightshow.com/produ...-masks-gasmask though I'll still have to mod it; tint the eyes, add a canister at the end of the muzzle and such but that's fine!

As for the jacket, I'm having similar problems. I really do not want a real one, as that just seems way too creepy. But, the fake ones are... designed wrong? I guess would be the most honest way to put it. That or they are for... other things that are implied and I definitely don't want one of those. I found one I could possibly use here that I would need to dye. I'm sure I could find a tutorial on dying fabrics like this so I doubt it wouldn't be too hard.I know there are black versions but the belts are also black and I want them to remain white-ish since that's how his is. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, aha.
EDIT: I've decided that I'll probably just commission the jacket since I really want to be as accurate as possible. I'm such a perfectionist sigh.

The wig won't be a big deal, I can curl the hair easily too. I have the pants already and belts will be easy to obtain. I'd love to have this down by Holiday Matsuri in December which I think is due-able since I don't have to put in TOO much effort in things. I'm also very small (4'11) so I can totally pull of the kid look!

I'm sorry I wrote so much, ah. I'm just excited! If you have any suggestions on how to get my hands on a good gas mask, or have a link to a fabric dying tutorial that would be great! I do have an army store near me so I could check that out soon just in case.

Last edited by mothbone : 07-25-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added new details!
mothbone is offline   Reply With Quote